Windows 10: Change Photos app Live Tile Appearance on Start Menu in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Photos app Live Tile Appearance on Start Menu in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Photos app Live Tile Appearance on Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Change Photos app Live Tile Appearance on Start Menu in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Sandi1987, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Sandi1987 Win User

Change Photos app Live Tile Appearance on Start Menu in Windows 10

How to: Change Photos app Live Tile Appearance on Start Menu in Windows 10

How to Change Photos app Live Tile Appearance on Start Menu in Windows 10

The Photos app included in Windows 10 is a universal app that allows you to enjoy, organize, edit, and share all your digital memories. It brings together photos and videos from all your devices, enhances them to make great photos even better, and organizes them into beautiful albums for you.

If you turn on its live tile, you can change the appearance of the live tile to show recent photos or a single photo that you choose.

This tutorial will show you how to change what the Photos app live tile shows on the Start menu for your account in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: Photos app live tile on Start menu

Change Photos app Live Tile Appearance on Start Menu in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Open the Photos app from the Start menu *Start.
    2. Click/tap on the See more button
    , and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

2. Do step 3 (recent photos) or step 4 (single photo) below for what you want.

3. Set Photos app Live Tile to Show Recent Photos
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Under the Appearance settings, select Recent photos in the Tile drop menu, and go to step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

4. Set Photos app Live Tile to Show a Single Photo
    A) Under the Appearance settings, select A single photo in the Tile drop menu, and click/tap on the Choose photo button. (see screenshot below)

B) Browse to and select the photo you want to show on the Photos app live tile, and go to step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

5. You can now close the Photos app if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Sandi1987, Jul 22, 2015
  2. Brink Win User

How To Restore Photos Live Tile In Start Menu?

Hello Rocky, Change Photos app Live Tile Appearance on Start Menu in Windows 10 :)

Look to see if you see "Photos" listed in the All apps left side of the Start menu. If there, then you can right click on it and click on "Pin to Start" to restore the Photos tile.

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Start Menu all apps / tiles missing

So I woke my computer up from sleep last night and this is what I was welcomed with:

All of a sudden my start menu had no apps listed and no live tiles to speak of. So I did my googleing and I found this microsoft answer page: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...0-b988cd6da49a

I tried every step in their. After all said and done, I got installed programs to show up, but the live tiles that usually show to the right did not come back. I was ok with that, thinking I would work on this today and find a solution to that problem.

I just woke up the computer again from sleep and the start menu is blank AGAIN. Before this started happening last night, I have not installed any new software nor has windows ran any updates.

I'm at a loss. I tried system recovery and to roll back to a few days prior, but I keep getting an error after recovery is attempted stating that windows recovery wasn't able to fully complete due to a certain file (i can retry recovery and post picture of error if needed).

So any suggestions on whats my next step? I thought maybe I had a malware issue, but II have avast and malware antibytes installed and they showed no hits when the scans where run.

Any suggestions or guidance is greatly appreciated. Hope you all have a Great Turkey Day!

PS, I have to work today from 4pm to 6am, so If I do not reply right away I apologize.

Dalumberjack03, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Change Photos app Live Tile Appearance on Start Menu in Windows 10

Native photos app live tile

I think live tile photo UWP app behaves randomly like that AFAIK you cant screw with it beyond on/off or re installing it with some drama AFAIK .

electronuser, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Native photos app live tile

Does anyone have issues with the live tile on the photos app? It works 90% of the time. But then I will open the start menu and the live tile will be occassionaly static on a single photo. No shuffling. It will work again if I either log out/ log in again or if I right click and turn live tile off and then back to on. But it's sporadic behaviour, is it by design/intention that after a while it stops shuffling?

Scottyboy99, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Controlling which photos appear on the photo tile

Hi,

To resolve the issue, we would suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key”, right click on Photo app
    • Click “Turn Live tile off
    • Now open the “Photo app”, click on “settings” in the left pane
    • Add photos folder in the sources that you want to view on the tile
    • In the “photo tile” option, click on “recent photos
    • Close the current window, again press “Windows key”
    • You should be able to see the selected images now

Hope this helps. Do get back to us should you need further assistance.

Regards.

Armand Cos, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Change Photos app Live Tile Appearance on Start Menu in Windows 10

1. Change Photos app Live Tile Appearance on Start Menu in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Photos app

2. Is the photo app tile in Windows 10 start menu buggy?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the photo app tile in Windows 10 start menu buggy?: Is the photo app tile in Windows 10 start menu buggy? it begin when I select an image for my app's tile, and then the start menu lags and closes on its own. I know it's just a small issue, but it bothers me.I already try these fixes but it didn't work.Check for UpdatesRestart...
  3. Is the photo app tile in Windows 10 start menu buggy?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is the photo app tile in Windows 10 start menu buggy?: Is the photo app tile in Windows 10 start menu buggy? it begin when I select an image for my app's tile, and then the start menu lags and closes on its own. I know it's just a small issue, but it bothers me.I already try these fixes but it didn't work.Check for UpdatesRestart...
  4. Is the photo app tile in Windows 10 start menu buggy?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Start menu live tiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu live tiles: My live tiles stopped working but they seem to work in another user account. How do I fix it? I already deleted that registry entry named like NoTileNotifications and checked group policy :( submitted by /u/Petrenkov [link] [comments]...
  6. Start menu app tile color not changing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu app tile color not changing: I've been messing around a bit with the registry trying to get the theme how I want it but now I've fucked something up and can't get the background color on apps back to default. Tried swapping theme color several times but the background on apps stay dark...
  7. Windows Start Menu Live Tiles Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Start Menu Live Tiles Not Working: Hello. Just got a new computer today, win10 64-bit, i7. i can add apps to the live tiles, but then when i go to move them around or resize them, the start menu crashes. if i open it up again, the apps i added are gone, leaving only the ones that were already there. this...
  8. How To Restore Photos Live Tile In Start Menu?

How To Restore Photos Live Tile In Start Menu?: Hello All, I have a simple little problem that I need help fixing. In my start menu in Windows 10 Pro Anniversary Edition 14393.82, my live tile for my photos is completely missing. I know it use to be there but I may have done something to delete it or maybe Microsoft has...
  9. Native photos app live tile

Native photos app live tile: Does anyone have issues with the live tile on the photos app? It works 90% of the time. But then I will open the start menu and the live tile will be occassionaly static on a single photo. No shuffling. It will work again if I either log out/ log in again or if I right click...
  10. Native photo app live tile

Native photo app live tile: I like the live tile on the native photo app despite not being able to control what pics show and it only scrolling through 5 at any given time. However do people find the live tile buggy? It will be happily working away but then I will notice the tile gets stuck on a single...