Windows 10: How to preserve folders in Outlook Express (XP) when moving to Win 10

Discus and support How to preserve folders in Outlook Express (XP) when moving to Win 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am in the process of migrating from an old PC on XP ,Office 2000 and Outlook Express. Will it be possible to preserve and move across my existing... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by newbie10, Dec 1, 2016.

1. newbie10 Win User

How to preserve folders in Outlook Express (XP) when moving to Win 10

I am in the process of migrating from an old PC on XP ,Office 2000 and Outlook Express. Will it be possible to preserve and move across my existing Outlook Express emails and folders to my new PC, which will have latest Windows 10 and Office 365. If so, how do I do this please without losing old emails. Thanks.

:)

newbie10, Dec 1, 2016

2. move outlook express info from Win xp to win 10 mail

I want to move files associated with outlook express on win-xp machine (addresses, emails, folders. etc.) to my new machine running win-10.

Have saved files off the outlook express folder on xp machine onto a flash drive but the importing into the new machine is less than plain to me.

Carol L101, Dec 1, 2016
  3. Move emails from Outlook Express (in XP) to Windows 10.

I want to move my emails (and folders) from Outlook Express (in XP) to Windows 10. Hopefully the Win 10 Mail app will do this, or do I need to buy an email program? I can export from OE, but how to import to Mail?

David Toby, Dec 1, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Dec 1, 2016
  5. newbie10 Win User
    Thanks, dalchina, that's really helpful. I have done some homework on KLS etc and it looks as if Thunderbird will be best for my ancient system. I just need to find the right version. The Thunderbird website tells me I need v. 31.8 to import from Outlook but Thunderbird Download only offers me v. 38.5, which the website tells me is disabled for Outlook.
    Can anyone advise on how I resolve this?. Is there a Thunderbird User Forum?

newbie10, Dec 1, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to preserve folders in Outlook Express (XP) when moving to Win 10 - Similar Threads - preserve folders Outlook

2. Folder timestamp is not preserved during copy on win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder timestamp is not preserved during copy on win 10: Hello when I use robocopy to copy a folder on windows 10, the date accessed isnt preserved. The full code is robocopy “source” “destination/source” /dcopy:DAT /A-:SHAR /XF *this is supposed to copy just the parent folder source/ and preserve the source folder timestamp but...
  3. Folder timestamp is not preserved during copy on win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder timestamp is not preserved during copy on win 10: Hello when I use robocopy to copy a folder on windows 10, the date accessed isnt preserved. The full code is robocopy “source” “destination/source” /dcopy:DAT /A-:SHAR /XF *this is supposed to copy just the parent folder source/ and preserve the source folder timestamp but...
  4. Folder timestamp is not preserved during copy on win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to turn off Outlook "Expressions"

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to turn off Outlook "Expressions": In Outlook, which is one of the Bing Office apps, there is a feature called Expressions. Basically, when a certain word is typed, you have the option to substitute that word with something cute like a picture or whatever. For example, the word "thank" might get highlighted...
  6. Outlook Express Sent Items Folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook Express Sent Items Folder: How can I set up Outlook Express so that my Sent Items Folder is in Preview Mode and shows the name of person who I have sent the email to at the beginning of the displayed emails? At the moment I can only have the folder in Preview mode where my name is displayed first...
  7. OUTLOOK EXPRESS

OUTLOOK EXPRESS: Bought new computer today..son set up for me....cannot receive any emails on outlook....could send earlier but not receive....HELP PLEASE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/outlook-express/84e0cf2f-7ca7-4b2c-832c-6a1d8db1dc9f
  8. Outlook Express

Outlook Express: How do I get latest version of Outlook Express downloaded to this CPU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/outlook-express/2c9d440f-c536-4ab8-972b-135a2e44857d
  9. "Outlook Express" email folder has dissapeared

in Browsers and Email
    "Outlook Express" email folder has dissapeared: "Outlook Express" which has been my email program since Windows XP and up to Windows 8.1 disappeared when I uploaded Windows 10. This included all my saved emails and all my contacts. The replacement email program, which I assume is from Windows 10, is as useful as a eunuch....
  10. Preserving credentials when sharing folder under Win 10 for Win XP.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Preserving credentials when sharing folder under Win 10 for Win XP.: I would like to share a folder under Windows 10 Professional and access it under venerable Windows XP Home. I have no problems with sharing protected by passoword, but after any shut down/restart of Win XP it looses this credentials. How could I store this credentials...