How to prevent 1803 forever?

Discus and support How to prevent 1803 forever? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I'm still using an old Inspiron 11z (1110) from circa 2010. Driver support is long gone, and the recent update stops the machine from booting. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 4lex, Jun 14, 2018.

1. 4lex Win User

I'm still using an old Inspiron 11z (1110) from circa 2010. Driver support is long gone, and the recent update stops the machine from booting. It refuses to recover, wouldn't roll back to 1709. My only path was to restore a clonezilla image from a year ago which is 1703. It was working fine with 1709.

How can I stop microsoft from forcibly retiring my laptop?

:)

2. Smizack Win User

Windows Update loading forever

So I ran both the commands and got this:

[​IMG]

The log file is also attached.

Smizack, Jun 14, 2018
  3. FrostyWinnipeg Win User
    Preventing access to modern app

Ive been tasked with preventing the children from accessing instagram. I've got it listed in my windows hosts file and internet options/security/restricted site but the windows 10 app is still allowing access. Any suggestions other then deleting app which can just be reinstalled?

FrostyWinnipeg, Jun 14, 2018
  4. Komshija Win User

AM4 Build...Any Suggestions before I buy today or tomorrow?

I would suggest equally good and cheaper motherboard, equally good and cheaper cooler, other RAM, different storage and definitely smaller monitor because you'll have to be at least 2 meters from that monster to prevent eye damage.

Here is my suggestion: System Builder - Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core - PCPartPicker

Komshija, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

How to prevent 1803 forever? - Similar Threads - prevent 1803 forever

1. How to prevent 1803 Update forever?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to prevent 1803 Update forever?: I'm still using an old Inspiron 11z (1110) from circa 2010. Driver support is long gone, and the recent update stops the machine from booting. It refuses to recover, wouldn't roll back to 1709. My only path was to restore a clonezilla image from a year ago which is 1703. It...
  2. Remove\prevent bloatware from Store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remove\prevent bloatware from Store: Hi, While in Sysprep audit mode what is the cleanest way to remove the bloatware that MS inists upon installing from the Store? I have seen a few different scripts and the goal is to remove this crap and prevent it from returning. So assuming there is a good way of doing...
  3. Sysprep audit mode - remove\prevent bloatware from Store

in Windows 10 Support
    Sysprep audit mode - remove\prevent bloatware from Store: Hi, While in Sysprep audit mode what is the cleanest way to remove the bloatware that MS inists upon installing from the Store? I have seen a few different scripts and the goal is to remove this crap and prevent it from returning. So assuming there is a good way of doing...
  4. We're sorry but outlook has run into an error that is preventing it...

in Microsoft Office and 365
    We're sorry but outlook has run into an error that is preventing it...: Last couple of days I've been getting a "We're sorry but Outlook has run into an error that is preventing it from working correctly. Outlook will need to be closed as a result." message. It also gives a "Would you like us to repair now?" option with Repair Now, Help and close...
  5. No Scroll bars prevent bottom window access

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No Scroll bars prevent bottom window access: Being a senior with fading eye sight, I use the 150% scaling on the System Display setting. The problem arises due to 1/2 of the windows on various applications, not providing a scroll bar, preventing access to the options at the bottom of these windows that extend beyond the...
  6. System Display Percent - No Scroll bars prevent bottom window access

in Windows 10 Support
    System Display Percent - No Scroll bars prevent bottom window access: Being a senior with fading eye sight, I use the 150% scaling on the System Display setting. The problem arises due to 1/2 of the windows on various applications, not providing a scroll bar, preventing access to the options at the bottom of these windows that extend beyond the...
  7. Taskbar GPO option NOT properly preventing right-click on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar GPO option NOT properly preventing right-click on Start Menu: The GPO option "Remove access to the context menus for the taskbar" is NOT properly preventing users from opening up the Power User Tasks Menu by right-clicking on the Start Menu button. (I swear this USED to work before the Windows 10 Pro April 2018 update - build 1803)...