Windows 10: How to prevent 1803 forever?

Discus and support How to prevent 1803 forever? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm still using an old Inspiron 11z (1110) from circa 2010. Driver support is long gone, and the recent update stops the machine from booting. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 4lex, Jun 13, 2018.

1. 4lex Win User

How to prevent 1803 forever?

I'm still using an old Inspiron 11z (1110) from circa 2010. Driver support is long gone, and the recent update stops the machine from booting. It refuses to recover, wouldn't roll back to 1709. My only path was to restore a clonezilla image from a year ago which is 1703. It was working fine with 1709.

How can I stop microsoft from forcibly retiring my laptop?

:)

2. Smizack Win User

Windows Update loading forever

So I ran both the commands and got this:

How to prevent 1803 forever? [​IMG]

The log file is also attached.

Smizack, Jun 14, 2018
  3. FrostyWinnipeg Win User
    Preventing access to modern app

Ive been tasked with preventing the children from accessing instagram. I've got it listed in my windows hosts file and internet options/security/restricted site but the windows 10 app is still allowing access. Any suggestions other then deleting app which can just be reinstalled?

FrostyWinnipeg, Jun 14, 2018
  4. Komshija Win User

AM4 Build...Any Suggestions before I buy today or tomorrow?

I would suggest equally good and cheaper motherboard, equally good and cheaper cooler, other RAM, different storage and definitely smaller monitor because you'll have to be at least 2 meters from that monster to prevent eye damage.

Here is my suggestion: System Builder - Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core - PCPartPicker

Komshija, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

1. How to prevent 1803 forever? - Similar Threads - prevent 1803 forever

2. windows 10 1803 - How to prevent programs to create inbound rules in firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows 10 1803 - How to prevent programs to create inbound rules in firewall: Hello, I'm using windows 10 1803 and I have a problem : some programs create automatically inbound rules in windows firewall at startup. How to prevent this incredible and incomprehensible possibility ? for example ccleaner, steam, etc. I use local policy but it dont...
  3. Windows 10 Update 1803 takes forever to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update 1803 takes forever to install: I already know the answer to the question I'm asking - how in gods name can a 'feature update' take so long to actually install on a freshly formatted Core i7 HP notebook that in all other respects performs fine? It stays on 80% for 1/2 hour, then 81%, then 82% for similar...
  4. How to disable BITS service FOREVER !?

How to disable BITS service FOREVER !?: I disabled background intelligent service with 4 different ways and it turns itself on again after re-starting windows (and recently before re-strating that). I KNOW it's important for windows to turn in on but I don't need my windows to be updated!!!!! because my internet...
  5. How to prevent 1803 Update forever?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to prevent 1803 Update forever?: I'm still using an old Inspiron 11z (1110) from circa 2010. Driver support is long gone, and the recent update stops the machine from booting. It refuses to recover, wouldn't roll back to 1709. My only path was to restore a clonezilla image from a year ago which is 1703. It...
  6. [1803] Takes forever to shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    [1803] Takes forever to shutdown: I'm always having a problem when shutting down my laptop. IT always took forever to shutdown, sometimes I leave my laptop for already more than 20 mins. and still doesn't shutdown. After searching from the internet, I came to the Event Viewer and I see lots of Warnings and...
  7. How to prevent downloading updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to prevent downloading updates?: While I do know it is Microsoft's policy to automatically update Windows, I would really appreciate some control of my own PC, and I alone decide when (and if) I want to download updates. I also happen to have a Tronsmart mini-PC which doesn't have much computing power,...
  8. Forever "working"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forever "working": Hello All. I have just installed W10 from W7. When I try to add an app, all I get is WORKING.......... ( lot of moving spots) and nothing eventuates. Help please. Regards. 29421
  9. How prevent the upgrade?

How prevent the upgrade?: Hi guys, I reserved the upgrade from win 7 to win 10 now I don't want to download it anymore (I keep on having the boot.wim issue) is there a way to prevent the upgrade? thanks in advance 9534
  10. Gone forever?

in Windows 10 Support
    Gone forever?: I took very early advantage of the Win10 download and used the resultant iso file to convert my laptop and desktop from win7 to win10. At first things went well and I was very impressed with the new edition of Windows. After a period of about two months the laptop operation...