Windows 10: How to prevent 1803 Update forever?

Discus and support How to prevent 1803 Update forever? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm still using an old Inspiron 11z (1110) from circa 2010. Driver support is long gone, and the recent update stops the machine from booting. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by 4lex, Jun 14, 2018.

1. 4lex Win User

How to prevent 1803 Update forever?

I'm still using an old Inspiron 11z (1110) from circa 2010. Driver support is long gone, and the recent update stops the machine from booting. It refuses to recover, wouldn't roll back to 1709. My only path was to restore a clonezilla image from a year ago which is 1703. It was working fine with 1709.

How can I stop microsoft from forcibly retiring my laptop?

:)

2. Smizack Win User

Windows Update loading forever

So I ran both the commands and got this:

How to prevent 1803 Update forever? [​IMG]

The log file is also attached.

Smizack, Jun 15, 2018
  3. Preventing access to modern app

Ive been tasked with preventing the children from accessing instagram. I've got it listed in my windows hosts file and internet options/security/restricted site but the windows 10 app is still allowing access. Any suggestions other then deleting app which can just be reinstalled?

FrostyWinnipeg, Jun 15, 2018
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

windows 10 version 1803 welcome screen?

Hello Jim,

The Windows Welcome experience will only be shown after installation of updates and occasionally when you sign in to highlight what's new and suggested by design. For more information about the new features and content of Windows 10 1803, please refer to
    these support articles. It also includes a video that summarizes the new content in this release:

Also, make sure that the Windows welcome experience is enabled on your PC. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings > System > Notifications & actions.
    • Under Notifications, toggle the switch On "Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occasionally when I sign in to highlight what's new and suggested".

Hope this information helps, feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Jun 15, 2018
Thema:

1. How to prevent 1803 Update forever? - Similar Threads - prevent 1803 Update

2. how to stop windows updates forever?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to stop windows updates forever?: I am annoyed by windows trying to update every so often when I do not want a update. I am sticking with windows 10. Add an option to remove updates please....
  3. how to stop windows updates forever?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to stop windows updates forever?: I am annoyed by windows trying to update every so often when I do not want a update. I am sticking with windows 10. Add an option to remove updates please....
  4. how to stop windows updates forever?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to disable windows update forever?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable windows update forever?: Hi im trying to disable windows update forever, i Have disabled Windows update service but every i restart my laptop it is turned on, I want to disable windows update because it is restarting my pc without alert....
  6. updating forever

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    updating forever: i got a notification saying that i can install version 20h2 of windows 10, after 45 minutes is still downloading and installing and getting things ready submitted by /u/Aleccul69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m7qo0y/updating_forever/
  7. Windows 10 Update 1803 takes forever to install

Windows 10 Update 1803 takes forever to install: I already know the answer to the question I'm asking - how in gods name can a 'feature update' take so long to actually install on a freshly formatted Core i7 HP notebook that in all other respects performs fine? It stays on 80% for 1/2 hour, then 81%, then 82% for similar...
  8. Prevent 1803 update without affecting other available updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Prevent 1803 update without affecting other available updates: Dear Brink, I recently downgraded to 1709 because the audio was not good with the new update. Is there a way I can prevent the 1803 update without afecting the other available updates? 116138
  9. How to prevent 1803 forever?

How to prevent 1803 forever?: I'm still using an old Inspiron 11z (1110) from circa 2010. Driver support is long gone, and the recent update stops the machine from booting. It refuses to recover, wouldn't roll back to 1709. My only path was to restore a clonezilla image from a year ago which is 1703. It...
  10. [1803] Takes forever to shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    [1803] Takes forever to shutdown: I'm always having a problem when shutting down my laptop. IT always took forever to shutdown, sometimes I leave my laptop for already more than 20 mins. and still doesn't shutdown. After searching from the internet, I came to the Event Viewer and I see lots of Warnings and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to keep windows from updating to 1803

2. windows update 1803 taking forever

3. windows update 1803 takes forever

4. update 1803 update forever,
  5. windows 1803 download forever,
  6. prevent update to 1803,
  7. 1803 update taking forever,
  8. windows 10 version 1803 taking forever,
  9. version 1803 takes forever to download,
  10. how to prevent windows10 to update to 1803,
  11. can i stay on version 1803 forever,