Windows 10: How to prevent an account from Auto Logging in after PC is turned on

Discus and support How to prevent an account from Auto Logging in after PC is turned on in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Right now have an issue that is a nuisance. There are several user accounts on our Windows 10 pc. Recently one of the accounts has been auto logging... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mc7791, Jul 8, 2016.

1. mc7791 Win User

How to prevent an account from Auto Logging in after PC is turned on

Right now have an issue that is a nuisance. There are several user accounts on our Windows 10 pc. Recently one of the accounts has been auto logging in. This happens after the computer is shut down and then powered back on at a later time. This account is the last one that was logged on. It is not password protected. Is there way stop this without having to go in to the registry? Thank you. I appreciate any help.

:)

mc7791, Jul 8, 2016

2. How to Prevent IE from Automatically Logging In to Office 365

Thx. Tried this. No difference. This behavior only on IE11, not on other browsers. Only in Win10, not on Win7. Started recently, but nothing changed on my end.

PeterH_077, Jul 8, 2016
  3. How to Prevent IE from Automatically Logging In to Office 365

Hi,

It's odd that even after clearing the cache and cookies of the browser that you're using for your Office 365 login, the credentials of your account are still saved and let you to automatically log in. We appreciate that you tried to resolve your concern
    by checking the steps on the link that you provided. However, we suggest that you change your account password, then clear the cache and cookies again of the browser that you're using. Once done, check if the automatic log in persists. We also suggest that
    you reset the settings of the browser that you're using. Follow the steps in this
    article if you're using Internet Explorer.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Jul 8, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 8, 2016
  5. mc7791 Win User
    Yeah the only problem is that the person with the account would not like that. I was hoping for another work around. This all started recently. No changes to any accounts were made.

mc7791, Jul 8, 2016
  6. LMiller7 Win User
    Having an account without a password is a security risk. Even if it wasn't the last one used anyone who knows the account name can log in without a password. This is usually not a good idea on a computer with multiple users.

LMiller7, Jul 8, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    If it's an issue about remembering it, they could use something real simple for their password.

Brink, Jul 8, 2016
  8. TrustMe Win User

I think you have to tell the people who use the computer to "Log Off" when they are finished instead of "Shutdown"

TrustMe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to prevent an account from Auto Logging in after PC is turned on - Similar Threads - prevent account Auto

2. Prevent Local Account from Logging in After Converting to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent Local Account from Logging in After Converting to Microsoft Account: I want to know how to disable or remove the local account from my Windows 10 PC after I converted it to a Microsoft Account. Everything I'm finding is the opposite, to going back to a local account. Basically My kid has a PC with a local account and I want it converted to an...
  3. Prevent Local Account from Logging in After Converting to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent Local Account from Logging in After Converting to Microsoft Account: I want to know how to disable or remove the local account from my Windows 10 PC after I converted it to a Microsoft Account. Everything I'm finding is the opposite, to going back to a local account. Basically My kid has a PC with a local account and I want it converted to an...
  4. Prevent Local Account from Logging in After Converting to Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Guest Account auto-logging in.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Guest Account auto-logging in.: Hello Microsoft Community,I've been having a problem with a guest account I want to add to my organizations systems. On each machine I want to add a local guest account that does not need a password to login, yet whenever you boot the system up, it automatically logs in to...
  6. Guest Account auto-logging in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Guest Account auto-logging in.: Hello Microsoft Community,I've been having a problem with a guest account I want to add to my organizations systems. On each machine I want to add a local guest account that does not need a password to login, yet whenever you boot the system up, it automatically logs in to...
  7. How to prevent certain program from auto update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to prevent certain program from auto update: How to prevent certain program from auto update From Control Panel shows Windows defender firewall from right shows Advanced Setting From right shows Inbound Rules, from lift shows New Rule, and follow the steps 1- اختار برامج 2-حدد مكان البرنامج الذى لا ترغب في تحديثه...
  8. How to prevent update from turning my PC on unattended.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to prevent update from turning my PC on unattended.: I have an issue whereby when I return home from work in the evening, I find my PC running after being turned on by Windows Update during the day. I find this intrusion unacceptable and I probably wouldn't mind so much if it turned it back off again! What if I was away for a...
  9. How to Prevent Logging in From Lock Screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to Prevent Logging in From Lock Screen: I've been able to bypass login on startup but I still need to log in from the Lock Screen. Any way to prevent this? James 18622
  10. How to prevent limited account from performing auto shutdown? **

in Windows 10 Support
    How to prevent limited account from performing auto shutdown? **: OS:Win10 **I want to prevent the limited account from performing shutdown/autoshutdown if and only if administrator account is logged in. Is that possible? One of my family member had earlier logged into their limited account and initiated a torrent download which had...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 prevent account from auto logging