Windows 10: How to prevent Audio Enhancements to be set back when changing between battery/plugged in?

Discus and support How to prevent Audio Enhancements to be set back when changing between battery/plugged in? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How to prevent Audio Enhancements to be (automatically, against my will) set back when changing between battery/plugged in? (and vice versa) Hi,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DeeLeeMan, Aug 1, 2018.

1. DeeLeeMan Win User

How to prevent Audio Enhancements to be set back when changing between battery/plugged in?

How to prevent Audio Enhancements to be (automatically, against my will) set back when changing between battery/plugged in? (and vice versa)

Hi,
    every single time I unplug my notebook or plug it in again, my Audio Enhancement settings are gone.
    This is going on from the very start when i bought the notebook 6 mths ago, it never was different. How to prevent Audio Enhancements to be set back when changing between battery/plugged in? :(

Windows 10
    Conexant Smart Audio HD, Driver Date: 21.11.2017

When plugged in:
    https://i.imgur.com/rvXDubx.png (screenshot)

When plugged off (battery):
    https://i.imgur.com/niecPcN.png (screenshot)

Of course i looked into Energy Modes, but found no corresponding setting, there's nothing about audio drivers.
    But i think it's connected to the energy mode, but there's no audio energy setting How to prevent Audio Enhancements to be set back when changing between battery/plugged in? :(

Then I found this information on the Device Manager / event viewer: which probably doesn't help much.

The standard audio setting (without night mode) is very very low volume, I need night mode to understand what people say in videos if there s a bit noise in the environment. So usually i got the settings always open and change it manually any time, i change from battery to powercable, which really sucks, since this is the case like 20-30 times/a day.

Would be awesome if someone knew some help How to prevent Audio Enhancements to be set back when changing between battery/plugged in? :) Thx

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    - <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-UserPnp" Guid="{96F4A050-7E31-453C-88BE-9634F4E02139}" />
    <EventID>20001</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>4</Level>
    <Task>7005</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-05-19T01:09:48.091540800Z" />
    <EventRecordID>121</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="2956" ThreadID="3248" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-3MER8R2</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    - <UserData>
    - <InstallDeviceID xmlns="http://manifests.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/windows/userpnp">
    <DriverName>x40plmwa.inf_amd64_d6b946ccebd11d1d</DriverName>
    <DriverVersion>8.66.77.57</DriverVersion>
    <DriverProvider>Conexant</DriverProvider>
    <DeviceInstanceID>HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_1F72&SUBSYS_10431530&REV_1000\4&21BEED3&0&0001</DeviceInstanceID>
    <SetupClass>{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}</SetupClass>
    <RebootOption>false</RebootOption>
    <UpgradeDevice>false</UpgradeDevice>
    <IsDriverOEM>true</IsDriverOEM>
    <InstallStatus>0x0</InstallStatus>
    <DriverDescription>Conexant SmartAudio HD</DriverDescription>
    </InstallDeviceID>
    </UserData>
    </Event>

DriverDescription
    Conexant SmartAudio HD

:)

DeeLeeMan, Aug 1, 2018
  2. Mark Isi Win User

Audio Enhancements

Hi Charlotte,

One step that we could try is to manually re-install the Audio Enhancement, and see if it helps. First, go to HP's website and download the latest Audio Enhancement installer (IDT) and save it to your Downloads folder. Once done, follow the remaining steps
    below:

• Search for Control Panel via Cortana search and hit the
      Enter
      key.
    • Open the Device Manager and click Sound, Video and Game controllers.
    • Right click the IDT device and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Once your PC restarts, it should automatically load all audio driver. Let it complete the process.
    • Go to the Downloads folder, right click on the IDT installer and select
      Run as administrator
    Once complete, check if you have the enhancements back and let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Aug 1, 2018
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    audio not working

Hi Josh,

Outdated drivers can prevent your computer from detecting plugged audio devices. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Did you make any changes to your computer before this started happening?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you run the built-in audio troubleshooter in Windows 10. This tool was specially designed to find and fix common audio or sound problems automatically. Here's how to do it:

• Click Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot and press Enter.
    • Click Playing Audio.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.

If in case the issue persists, this
    article
    has step-by-step instructions on how to update your sound drivers, set default device, turn off audio enhancements, and try different audio formats. Follow the steps carefully.

We look forward to your reply and the results of the troubleshooting.

----

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Yolvi Ell, Aug 1, 2018
  4. DaveM121 Win User

How to prevent Audio Enhancements to be set back when changing between battery/plugged in?

battery plugged in not charging

To resolve this issue, please follow these steps:

• Unplug Laptop
    • Remove the Battery
    • Plug in Laptop and turn on the laptop
    • Go to Control Panel - Devices and uninstall all instances of Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery
    • Shut down Laptop and unplug it
    • Insert Battery and plug in the laptop
    • Start the Laptop
    Hopefully this will work for you, please let us know!

DaveM121, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

1. How to prevent Audio Enhancements to be set back when changing between battery/plugged in? - Similar Threads - prevent Audio Enhancements

2. Enhancement tab in Audio settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enhancement tab in Audio settings: HeyCurrently having a small but very annoying problem with my mic audio, there is a constant crackling/static sound from the mic and i've tried reading up on tips on how to solve this where many recommend going into the Enhancement tab. I am using a RØDE Podmic, i've tried...
  3. Enhancement tab in Audio settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enhancement tab in Audio settings: HeyCurrently having a small but very annoying problem with my mic audio, there is a constant crackling/static sound from the mic and i've tried reading up on tips on how to solve this where many recommend going into the Enhancement tab. I am using a RØDE Podmic, i've tried...
  4. how to change the power setting to let it stop depending on the battery when it's plugged...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change the power setting to let it stop depending on the battery when it's plugged...: how to switch between battery and plugged in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-power-setting-to-let-it-stop/72957fc2-a6d4-4368-99ac-ced0479a1456
  5. how to change the power setting to let it stop depending on the battery when it's plugged...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change the power setting to let it stop depending on the battery when it's plugged...: how to switch between battery and plugged in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-power-setting-to-let-it-stop/72957fc2-a6d4-4368-99ac-ced0479a1456
  6. how to change the power setting to let it stop depending on the battery when it's plugged...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. How to change Power button action when on battery or plugged in

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Power button action when on battery or plugged in: [ATTACH]In this post, we will show you how to change the Power button action […] This article How to change Power button action when on battery or plugged in first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Settings between Battery-powered and Plugged-in not changing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings between Battery-powered and Plugged-in not changing: Hi there. Recently I have noticed that the settings for both battery-powered and plugged-in statuses have changed. For example, my brightness level used to be at 50% when I have it on battery, and 100% for when plugged in. However, something changed recently to where this no...
  9. How to prevent laptop changing brighness between battery and plugged in?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to prevent laptop changing brighness between battery and plugged in?: How can I stop the screen brightness changing when I unplug the laptop or plug it in? I'd like them to always remain at the same level, whatever I've set it to. My priority most of the time is appropriate brightness for the location I'm in, not the power concern. As it stands...
  10. power toggles between battery and AC when plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    power toggles between battery and AC when plugged in: how can I fix issue with power constantly toggling from battery to AC when plugged in. I have rebooted and run all windows 10 updates. I also tried the power cycling my laptop as well as power troubleshooting....