Windows 10: How to prevent auto switch to desktop from fullscreen games at midnight (12 a.m.)

Discus and support How to prevent auto switch to desktop from fullscreen games at midnight (12 a.m.) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! I'm looking for a way to disable this annoying "feature" of windows that manifest itself by switching to desktop at midnight (12:00 a.m.) while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by stefan.dragomirescu, Jul 13, 2018.

1. How to prevent auto switch to desktop from fullscreen games at midnight (12 a.m.)

Hello! I'm looking for a way to disable this annoying "feature" of windows that manifest itself by switching to desktop at midnight (12:00 a.m.) while i'm playing my games. Once the clock turns 12:00 a.m. my fullscreen game is imediatly minimised and i'm switched to desktop. Any solutions?

Regards,

Stefan

:)

stefan.dragomirescu, Jul 13, 2018
  2. .Monkey Win User

Keeping Game Fullscreen

When I have a game on fullscreen mode on Windows 10 and then I switch to a different desktop and then come back to the game's desktop, the game becomes minimized and takes a while for it to go back into it. Is there any way to keep it from minimizing when
    switching desktops so I can get back to the game instantly without waiting ~10 seconds?

Thank you

.Monkey, Jul 13, 2018
  3. .Monkey Win User
    Keeping Game Fullscreen

No, I have my game open on fullscreen (csgo), on one virtual desktop. When I switch to another virtual desktop using Ctrl+Alt+Left arrow or right arrow, it will go to that virtual desktop. When I come back to the virtual desktop that the game was on, not
    minimised, it will be minimised and I'd have to unminimise it which takes like 10 seconds. Any way of making stay fullscreen, which I think OSX does itself?

(sorry for late response, was looking around on internet for a way to do it, and no one seemed to ask so I just came back here)

.Monkey, Jul 13, 2018
  4. CK011885 Win User

How to prevent auto switch to desktop from fullscreen games at midnight (12 a.m.)

Prevent Fullscreen games from minimizing?

I've been playing an ARPG called Path of Exile lately, and the game seems to run way smooth in Fullscreen mode than it does in Windowed Fullscreen. The only problem I have is if a window pops up outside of the game, it'll minimize the game and pull me out of it. Since I'm playing a hardcore character, this is potentially deadly and a situation I'm looking to avoid. Is there any way possible to prevent another window from taking focus and minimizing another program like the game I'm trying to play?

CK011885, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

How to prevent auto switch to desktop from fullscreen games at midnight (12 a.m.)

1. How to prevent auto switch to desktop from fullscreen games at midnight (12 a.m.) - Similar Threads - prevent auto switch

2. Fullscreen games to desktop HELL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fullscreen games to desktop HELL: Hi all, I am at my wits end with this issue that I am having with my PC, so I'm posting here to see if I can get some advice/tips/guidance, before I unleash Thor's hammer on this thing. EDIT – UPDATES Below – will continue to update until resolved So hardware specs: OS:...
  3. Fullscreen games to desktop HELL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fullscreen games to desktop HELL: Hi all, I am at my wits end with this issue that I am having with my PC, so I'm posting here to see if I can get some advice/tips/guidance, before I unleash Thor's hammer on this thing. EDIT – UPDATES Below – will continue to update until resolved So hardware specs: OS:...
  4. Fullscreen games to desktop HELL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to disable auto-switching of desktops

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable auto-switching of desktops: [ATTACH] On windows 10 when you press control + win + right/left arrow it switches to another desktop like the picture below, however when I have a game or an program running on another desktop and when it finishes running it automatically switches back to another desktop....
  6. How to prevent windows from auto-fullscreen folder NOT at edge when clicked on?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to prevent windows from auto-fullscreen folder NOT at edge when clicked on?: 1. Click on top of folder in order to move it and it immediately goes to full screen. 2. Folder automatically goes to full screen even though I did not move to edge or move it anywhere yet.3. Snap is turned off. And every single Snap option was unticked before turning snap...
  7. Prevent extended desktop from switching while I switch main desktop

Prevent extended desktop from switching while I switch main desktop: Is there a way to prevent my extended desktop from switching when I use switch a different desktop using gestures or otherwise. What I want is for my extended desktop to keep the application on the screen while I switch between desktops on the main screen, you can say kind of...
  8. Prevent auto switching of desktops if user closes app

Prevent auto switching of desktops if user closes app: Situation Excel files open in multiple desktops desktop 1 and 2 1 file is closed on desktop 2 System jumps to desktop 1 It's pretty annoying...
  9. How to prevent Windows from switching keyboards

in Windows 10 Support
    How to prevent Windows from switching keyboards: Hello Today (never before) Windows insists on changing my keyboard settings from US International to just US, when I press certain keyboard shortcuts (that I use in another program). I could see the language selector pop up to the right of my screen a few times. I have reset...
  10. Recurring Daily - Windows Refocuses to Desktop at 12:00 (Midnight)

in Windows 10 Support
    Recurring Daily - Windows Refocuses to Desktop at 12:00 (Midnight): Win 10 Pro - Upgraded from Win 7 Hi guys, I have had an issue ever since I built this computer, but only at this point has it become much more of a nuisance. Problem:At midnight each day, if I am working/using an application in full screen mode (such as a full-screened...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gpu auto switches from fullscreen to desktop