Windows 10: How to Prevent automatic restart in Windows 10 Anniversary Update?

Discus and support How to Prevent automatic restart in Windows 10 Anniversary Update? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Know what? I just started my virtual machine with windows 10 MS and logged with MS account and it have the same behavior as yours. Switch to local... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by tannim, Aug 10, 2016.

1. woffko Win User

How to Prevent automatic restart in Windows 10 Anniversary Update?

Know what? I just started my virtual machine with windows 10 MS and logged with MS account and it have the same behavior as yours.
    Switch to local account and everything will work.
    I think it's MS bug, nothing to say. *chuckle

Edit: After switching it back to MS account, it still working, just for fun.

woffko, Jan 1, 2017
  2. kleajmp Win User

thanks for this, after a big update it re enables itself, although I try to disable the updates several times, when I reboot manually the updates start to install. This is way easyer than doing it with the task scheduler.

kleajmp, Nov 18, 2017
  3. Unfortunately since 1709 MS made sure, that the task, checking for updates, can not be disabled.
    So I have removed some permissions and it fails to run, but manual checking should work just fine.
    Code: takeown /f "%WINDIR%\System32\UsoClient.exe" /a icacls "%WINDIR%\System32\UsoClient.exe" /remove "Administrators" "Authenticated Users" "Users" "System"[/quote]

TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to Prevent automatic restart in Windows 10 Anniversary Update?

1. How to Prevent automatic restart in Windows 10 Anniversary Update? - Similar Threads - Prevent automatic restart

2. Prevent Windows 10 Professional from restarting automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent Windows 10 Professional from restarting automatically: Can anyone verify if this works:Open gpedit.msc configure TWO things:1 "No auto-restart with logged on users for scheduled automatic updates installations" - Enabled - Why? Because it says "Note: This policy applies only when Automatic Updates is configured to perform...
  3. Prevent Windows 10 Professional from restarting automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent Windows 10 Professional from restarting automatically: Can anyone verify if this works:Open gpedit.msc configure TWO things:1 "No auto-restart with logged on users for scheduled automatic updates installations" - Enabled - Why? Because it says "Note: This policy applies only when Automatic Updates is configured to perform...
  4. Prevent Windows 10 Professional from restarting automatically

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to really prevent Windows 10 from restarting for updates?

How to really prevent Windows 10 from restarting for updates?: Hi, I am really sick and tired of Windows 10 automatic reboots for updating. I have been 40 years working with computers, coding, designing apps, maintaining enterprises, engineering solutions based on computers and I think I am old enough to take care of security myself....
  6. How to delete/ prevent automatic windows 10 1903 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to delete/ prevent automatic windows 10 1903 update: So Im currently on version 1803 and I would like to keep it that way. Unfortunately windows downloaded 1903 and is prompting me to restart in order to install it. How do I delete the update, and prevent it from updating automatically updating in the future? 164314
  7. This will prevent windows 10 automatic updates

This will prevent windows 10 automatic updates: Hi guys, i've coded small program that you can compile your self using autoit. Autoit is free, no accounts required etc Just install autoit right click in the source file and click compile to either X86 or X64 executable, which ever you want. Or just run it as is, it will...
  8. how to prevent automatic windows update

how to prevent automatic windows update: I wish to check what the windows update does and only install ones I want. There are too many that I do not need. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-prevent-automatic-windows-update/55cf74a6-0ead-460c-8dc7-71a6e3ac95cb
  9. Prevent Automatic Windows Updates

Prevent Automatic Windows Updates: Hi there, I am the (un)lucky owner of several Windows computers and I suffer from the ongoing Windows plague of inconvenient updates. Today, my Windows 8 **** up. It was in the middle of updating - still indicating 0 % updated - while I was about to leave and hadn't time...
  10. How do I prevent Windows 10 from automatically installing updates an restarting?

How do I prevent Windows 10 from automatically installing updates an restarting?: I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how to prevent Windows 10 from automatically installing updates and restarting. If I am out of the office for a few days and out of town, I need my work computer to stay on so I can access it via Gotomypc. When Windows 10 automatically...