Windows 10: how to prevent roaming profile when internet is not available

Discus and support how to prevent roaming profile when internet is not available in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I finished correcting a relative's pc which they started the upgrade to windows 10. PC uses a usb-to-wireless network adapter to connect to internet.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ron7000, May 22, 2016.

1. ron7000 Win User

how to prevent roaming profile when internet is not available

I finished correcting a relative's pc which they started the upgrade to windows 10.
    PC uses a usb-to-wireless network adapter to connect to internet.
    I brought the pc home and plugged it in to my router via cat6 cable to finish upgrading to windows 10 and put classic shell on, had everything working at my house. Bring pc back to relative's house where I left the usb-to-wireless network adapter. When i boot up pc it always says cannot load profile.
    How can I prevent this so that in windows 10 if the internet is not available, it still logs in to the one and only user account on the system.
    Getting the usb-to-wireless adapter recognized in windows 10 and then connect to the internet is another story, please don't say the solution was to get the wireless connection working. The solution I need is when there is no internet that user can still log in, access there word/excel document then print them.
    thanks.

:)

ron7000, May 22, 2016
  2. farby Win User

What is roaming

When you travel and use the phone out of your HOME Network its called Roaming. Depending upon your Data Plan, the cost for using the Internet may vary when you are in the 'Roaming' area. To prevent accidental use of data while Roaming you have this Option.

farby, May 22, 2016
  3. rpospisi Win User
    OVI Maps on Nokia 5800 using data when "Off Line"

Unpredictable access to the internet in roaming is serious problem :smileymad: There must be some solution to prevent the bill shock. Try Google search for something like "turn off roaming", "roaming application" ...

rpospisi, May 22, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, May 22, 2016
  5. ron7000 Win User
    no.
    it's one computer in my parents house, uses a usb-to wireless adapter to connect to the network provided by the wireless router which is either at&t or frontier. workgroup is WORKGROUP. Guest account is disabled, and other than the "Administrator" account there's one user account "ron" that is always used.

it was windows 7 professional 64-bit, upgraded to windows 10.

this morning i'm hearing i need to disable something regarding "sign into windows account" when a user logs on, because this is what's causing it to require the internet to be available for a basic log on?

ron7000, May 22, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    First step is to create a new local user account:

User Account - Add in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Then change that account type to administrator:

Account Type - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

The reason we want to create a new local administrator account on the computer is because there is something wrong with the existing user account - it should not be acting the way that it is. There is a possibility of getting locked out of the original user account and we want the second local administrator account there to fall back on if that happens.

After you have the second local administrator account created, and you know that you can log on with it, then go back and change the original user account to a local account:

Local Account - Switch to in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

If that works, and you can log into the original account as a local account, then you can set the computer up to access the internet, and change the account back to a Microsoft login. Once an account is fully set up with a Microsoft account login, the login credentials are stored on the local computer and not being connected to the internet should have no affect on logging onto the computer. There seems to have been a problem with the process of fully establishing the original Microsoft account login.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. how to prevent roaming profile when internet is not available - Similar Threads - prevent roaming profile

2. roaming profile issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    roaming profile issue: hello m trying to pin point my issue i never play with roaming profile before every time i reboot my pc my pinned icon on task bar and also outlook signature ands some ssetting are resetplus icon on desktop are re arrange to the left not sure what to check to see why it...
  3. roaming profile issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    roaming profile issue: hello m trying to pin point my issue i never play with roaming profile before every time i reboot my pc my pinned icon on task bar and also outlook signature ands some ssetting are resetplus icon on desktop are re arrange to the left not sure what to check to see why it...
  4. roaming profile issue

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Roaming Profile issue

Roaming Profile issue: hello i start a new job and they are using roaming profile and few user like me if i pin some app in the task bar set some parameter in outlook signature, etc.. if i reboot its lost.what could it be i dont have all access for now so i cannot verify my self some at the AD let...
  6. Change roaming to local profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change roaming to local profile: Hi all,Hope you can help me with this. I have a computer with a roaming profile.When I try to change it to local, it remains as roaming I go to system, profiles, and change from roaming to local. I don´t get any error. It simply doesn´t change it.What is happening?. Any idea...
  7. Change roaming to local profile

Change roaming to local profile: Hi all,Hope you can help me with this. I have a computer with a roaming profile.When I try to change it to local, it remains as roaming I go to system, profiles, and change from roaming to local. I don´t get any error. It simply doesn´t change it.What is happening?. Any idea...
  8. Roaming profile error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Roaming profile error: Can anyone help me with this? I have already done 2 clean installs so far, and the last one I had restored from a backup on my external. I learned the hard way to back up your back up But for some reason not to long after my pc started to freeze up, not respond and then I got...
  9. Roaming profile was not completely synchronized

Roaming profile was not completely synchronized: Hi, When logging into my W10 machine I am getting the error " Roaming profile was not completely synchronised, it has been loaded with a partially synchronised profile" it has been this way for a while now, but have not had time to resolve. I have had a search around and I...
  10. Loading Student Roaming Profiles

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Loading Student Roaming Profiles: Hi We have windows 10 Pro in our student labs. Whenever a student logs in for the first time it takes a lot of time to prepare his profile and loading files Is it possible to load it faster and have same settings of profile for all users and simply login thanks 45081

Users found this page by searching for:

1. roaming options are currently unavaliable after windows update fix