Windows 10: How to prevent specific events from getting written to the Event Log.

Discus and support How to prevent specific events from getting written to the Event Log. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I would like, if it's possible, to stop a certain event from getting written to the event log. I know the source and the event id number. I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by streetwolf, Aug 22, 2015.

1. How to prevent specific events from getting written to the Event Log.

I would like, if it's possible, to stop a certain event from getting written to the event log. I know the source and the event id number. I've tried the option 'Filter current log . The problem is that when I get out of the Event Log and back in my filtera are gone. Perhaps I don't understand what 'Filter current log' does.

All I want is to be able to prevent a certain event from being written to the event log so I never have to see it again.

Doable?

:)

streetwolf, Aug 22, 2015

2. Error 1016 Help

Hello Glenn,

This issue occurs because certain processes do not have permissions to the DCOM components that are mentioned in the event logs.
    To prevent the events from being logged, we suggest performing the troubleshooting steps in this article:

DCOM event ID 10016 is logged in Windows

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Aug 22, 2015
  3. Reliability History not working...sometimes and desktop will split into 2 parts

Hi,

Reliability History is a program that would saved event logs. However, there would be times that there would be no logs available as the program doesn't recognize any event that may have happened during that time or day.

Can you please verify if the event logs that you are missing are for an entire day or just a few hours of a specific day? Also, if you are getting concerned with your graphics, we recommend that you download and install the latest graphic driver for your computer.
    There is a possibility that the issue may be connected to the driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Jarius Tol, Aug 22, 2015
Thema:

How to prevent specific events from getting written to the Event Log.

1. How to prevent specific events from getting written to the Event Log. - Similar Threads - prevent specific events

2. System event log get thousand events - UserModePowerService

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System event log get thousand events - UserModePowerService: Hello,On notebook - So far, everything looks and feels good, but the system event log is showing multiple UserModePowerService events, ID 12. This happens a few times a second, then every few seconds, generating hundreds of events. Message generated by this event:Process...
  3. System event log get thousand events - UserModePowerService

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System event log get thousand events - UserModePowerService: Hello,On notebook - So far, everything looks and feels good, but the system event log is showing multiple UserModePowerService events, ID 12. This happens a few times a second, then every few seconds, generating hundreds of events. Message generated by this event:Process...
  4. System event log get thousand events - UserModePowerService

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to delete specific entries in Event Viewer Logs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete specific entries in Event Viewer Logs?: I want to delete specific entries of MS Defender event viewer logs without clearing everything. How can I do this? Will this create another log that shows me deleting some of the entries?...
  6. How to delete specific entries in Event Viewer Logs?

How to delete specific entries in Event Viewer Logs?: I want to delete specific entries of MS Defender event viewer logs without clearing everything. How can I do this? Will this create another log that shows me deleting some of the entries?...
  7. Are CLSID Errors written to Event viewer

Are CLSID Errors written to Event viewer: Hi everyone, I am troubleshooting an error within a legacy .asp based application.Error- Unable to create object from CLSIDI am unbale to find any log in the event viewer corresponding to the application failures on a Windows 10 PC.How to make sure CLSID errors are being...
  8. Event 6008, Event Log.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event 6008, Event Log.: Hi , I found my PC in the restart condition and when I checked the logs I found Event 6008. Message displayed " The previous system shutdown at 17:45:34 on 10/09/2019 was unexpected". Log Name: System Logged 10/09/2019 18:21:15. etc.. Please check attached image....
  9. Missing Events in Event log?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Missing Events in Event log?: Hi so I notice that sometimes when I do a system diagnostics report I get the message of missing events in event log. I do at times clear my events from event log after a long time but is this something to be concerned about? I did clear application and system event logs...
  10. Stop Logging a Specific Event Error - 7031

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop Logging a Specific Event Error - 7031: I want to stop error code 7031 from showing up in the event viewer log in win 10 (since its a redundant code that means nothing anyway), so does anyone know the steps (and explain in layman terms) to prevent it from posting. I do not mean just filtering it unless that is all...