Windows 10: How to prevent windows 10 from deleting only the manual restore points

Discus and support How to prevent windows 10 from deleting only the manual restore points in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I want to enable the auto backup, but i am afraid that once the restore points size will exceed the max size it will erase my manual restore... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Refael-AhiadLevi, Jul 14, 2018.

1. How to prevent windows 10 from deleting only the manual restore points

Hi,

I want to enable the auto backup, but i am afraid that once the restore points size will exceed the max size it will erase my manual restore point - the one i manually configured right after finishing installing all my programs and adjust my PC as i wanted. this is the most important restore point and i would like to keep it.

is there a way to make the auto restore point mechanism to ignore these manual points only?

thanks,

Ahiad

:)

Refael-AhiadLevi, Jul 14, 2018
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Windows 10 System Restore Show More Restore Points Box Missing and Restore Points Being Deleted or Missing

Hi Steven,

There are several reasons why the Show more restore points check box is missing. Some of these are the following:

• You run out of disk space on the system drive or on any one of the available non-system drives, and System Restore stops responding and stops monitoring your system.
    • You manually turn System Restore off.
    • You upgrade from one operating system to another or you reinstall the operating system

In your case, as you have reinstalled Windows, it's possible that all restore points are deleted, that's why the
    Show more restore points check box is not appearing. Did you delete all the partitions when you reinstall Windows? If yes, then all the manually and automatically created restore points will disappear. For further isolation of the issue, we suggest that
    you create a new restore point and monitor if it will disappear in a few days just like the others.

We'll wait for your response.

Anne Ros, Jul 14, 2018
  3. Cerawy Win User
    Windows randomly deletes restore points

Windows seems to be randomly deleting system restore points, including the ones i created manually. Windows also seems to be creating new system restore points that doesnt work. Is it possible to prevent windows from deleting system restore points that i have created, and how do i prevent windows from creating system restore points that doesnt work?

Solution: i disabled system protection completely, as it was causing more problems than it was solving. Im using aomei backupper to backup my system with instead.

Cerawy, Jul 14, 2018
  4. How to prevent windows 10 from deleting only the manual restore points

Windows 10 system image restore points unable to delete

Have deleted system image backups using the windows 10 suggested method. But 2 system image rstore points are still listed under other backups. Have tried all the suggested methods on the net and from the microsoft community, but the system image restore
    points remain. Even after deleting all but the last normal restore points. I guess I can just ignore them. Would appreciate any advice as nothing seems to remove them.

Aquarius 2015, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

How to prevent windows 10 from deleting only the manual restore points

1. How to prevent windows 10 from deleting only the manual restore points - Similar Threads - prevent deleting manual

2. Manual Restore Point is not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Manual Restore Point is not showing: Hi My computer starts with a restore point which was created by me. However, after a few months when I check that restore point, only the system-created restore point is displayed. Is this the way it works?. Can i turnoff the system creating restore point...
  3. Manual Restore Point is not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Manual Restore Point is not showing: Hi My computer starts with a restore point which was created by me. However, after a few months when I check that restore point, only the system-created restore point is displayed. Is this the way it works?. Can i turnoff the system creating restore point...
  4. How to prevent windows 11 from deleting js files after System Restore Point usage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent windows 11 from deleting js files after System Restore Point usage?: Hi! Windows 11 Home Single Language 21H2 OS build 22000.1281 deletes js files from the project's folders every time System Restore Point used. It's so frustrating to find out that you have left with an index.html and CSS files only. Kindly please provide any guide how to stop...
  5. How to prevent windows 11 from deleting js files after System Restore Point usage?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to prevent windows 11 from deleting js files after System Restore Point usage?: Hi! Windows 11 Home Single Language 21H2 OS build 22000.1281 deletes js files from the project's folders every time System Restore Point used. It's so frustrating to find out that you have left with an index.html and CSS files only. Kindly please provide any guide how to stop...
  6. Deleting Restore Points

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Deleting Restore Points: IHiIs it ok to delete the restored points and create new ones?THANK YOUTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-restore-points/7d31b102-5043-403b-8d4a-ccb70760cc65
  7. Manually created restore point not found

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Manually created restore point not found: Last night I manually created a restore point, prior to installing an optional Windows feature SNB. This morning, I went to do a restore and found that there are NO restore points at all.What gives?Thanks....
  8. Saving manual restore points

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Saving manual restore points: Hi i sometimes create a manual restore point, before I make certain changes, is there any way to save these or prevent them being deleted ? Thanks 168890
  9. Does Windows 10 automatically delete a manual restore point?

Does Windows 10 automatically delete a manual restore point?: I am creating Acronis full system backups every three weeks. Before I do the full backup, I create a manual restore point. If I understand how restore points work, whenever there is a Windows update, an older restore point would not be useful. A manual restore point...
  10. Restore Point on Windows 10-How to prevent manual restore point from been overwritten?

Restore Point on Windows 10-How to prevent manual restore point from been overwritten?: Dear all, I have a brand new Dell laptop G5-5590 with windows 10 Home. Recently I observed that restore point was disactivated and I decided to activate it I activated restore point only for OS drive. Next to that I set the maximum capacity of restore point at 3% ==>...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to prevent deleting system image backup

2. how to protect a restore point from deletion in windows 10

3. windows restore points how to protect gasint deletion

4. why does microsoft keep deleating my restore points on my laptop,
  5. prevent windows from deleting a restore point,
  6. prevent win 10 deleting restore points,
  7. prevent programs from deleting system restore,
  8. prevent Windows 10 deleting Restore points,
  9. prevent Windows 10 restore point from being deleted,
  10. enable vssadmin in win 10 1803,
  11. how to prevent windows 10 from deleting restore point