Windows 10: How to prevent Windows from automatically adding regular US keyboard

Discus and support How to prevent Windows from automatically adding regular US keyboard in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm trying to figure out how to permanently disable English US (regular) keyboard layout on my laptop, but for some reason after a while eventually the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bluntc0ncussi0n, Apr 29, 2018.

1. How to prevent Windows from automatically adding regular US keyboard

I'm trying to figure out how to permanently disable English US (regular) keyboard layout on my laptop, but for some reason after a while eventually the US English keyboard gets added back and placed above in priority over US International which is what I set it to when I first got this computer. I'm not sure why this is happening but a temporary fix seems to be adding the regular keyboard layout and then deleting it again. I'm not sure why this is happening since this is a brand new machine running the latest version of Windows. If it helps to know I'm using a Lenovo Legion Y920 running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. Any and all help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

:)

bluntc0ncussi0n, Apr 29, 2018
  2. Melepoyil Win User

Automatically adding Chinese Language

Hi,

I am using lenovo thinkpad x1 carbon with windows 10 professional

Even though I removed chinese language from the computer using language preferences it automatically adding Chinese (Simplified, China Thinkpad smart mark)

How can I prevent windows from adding unwanted languages automatically (or to block adding any languages)

Thanks

Abdul

Melepoyil, Apr 29, 2018
  3. AnhVu_ls Win User
    App automatically add keyboard/language to windows

I'm having trouble with this app called Unikey (it let you type in Vietnamese Unicode, basically). Upon installing the app automatically add Vietnamese keyboard layout to windows, this has caused me quite a bit trouble since I need to switch between US and
    Taiwan keyboard frequently, another language to the list of language bar slow down my workflow quite a lots.

So my question is "Is there anyway to prevent an app from adding keyboard to windows?" Maybe restrict them from adding registry that involves Windows's language keyboard stuffs..

AnhVu_ls, Apr 29, 2018
  4. D3LL Win User

How to prevent Windows from automatically adding regular US keyboard

These steps should probably help you. Be sure that its not set as default when trying to delete.

D3LL, May 2, 2018
Thema:

How to prevent Windows from automatically adding regular US keyboard

1. How to prevent Windows from automatically adding regular US keyboard - Similar Threads - prevent automatically adding

2. How to prevent Windows 11 from adding new keyboard layouts at will

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent Windows 11 from adding new keyboard layouts at will: And no, I don't need guides on how to remove keyboard layouts, i can do it myself thank you very much. I just want it to stop adding a layout without my permission. I've been struggling with this for 2 years now...
  3. Windows keeps automatically adding EN-US and other keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps automatically adding EN-US and other keyboard layout: For some reason, Windows seems to regularly check to see if I'm using the EN-US keyboard layout, and adds it if I'm not. Normally, I use a variety of other layouts. This ends up adding another entry to my already long list of layouts to cycle through.It appears without an...
  4. Windows keeps automatically adding EN-US and other keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keeps automatically adding EN-US and other keyboard layout: For some reason, Windows seems to regularly check to see if I'm using the EN-US keyboard layout, and adds it if I'm not. Normally, I use a variety of other layouts. This ends up adding another entry to my already long list of layouts to cycle through.It appears without an...
  5. Windows keeps automatically adding EN-US and other keyboard layout

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. windows keeps automatically adding EN-US keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows keeps automatically adding EN-US keyboard layout: For some reason, Windows seems to regularly check to see if I'm using the EN-US keyboard layout, and adds it if I'm not. Normally, I use a variety of other layouts. This ends up adding another entry to my already long list of layouts to cycle through. It appears without an...
  7. English US keyboard added automatically, can't remove it!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    English US keyboard added automatically, can't remove it!: I regularly use spanish, arabic and japanese keyboard. And been using them for a long time. After the last windows update the US keyboard appeared out of nowhere and it is not listed on my keyboards installed, but when I press win+space to change keyboards it appears there...
  8. How to prevent Windows 10 from automatically adding keyboard layouts US Keyboard

How to prevent Windows 10 from automatically adding keyboard layouts US Keyboard: So every time i Remove the US Keyboard layouts windows 10 adds it again even if i remove it and restart the damn think comes back and i cant change to the keyboard layout i want my windows 10 wont let me. So please help me i want English UK With swedish keyboard layout i dont...
  9. How prevent from ads

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How prevent from ads: Hello: My win10 installed build-in DEFEND, but every day there are ADS intrude in my PC。 How annoying! Anyway to prevent them out ? -- Zhao https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-prevent-from-ads/a2b2e712-55a9-4113-88ac-58e70a7a9e43
  10. US keyboard added randomly

US keyboard added randomly: Hi, I am running a setup of dual-language on my Windows 10 machine. I got "US English" and "Native" language added, and only "Native keyboard" on both these languages. At random intervals Windows adds US Keyboard to my setup. The US keyboard is not listed in the Language...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. something prevented us from communicating with our activation servers new computer