Windows 10: How to project console to PC via USB Type C?

Discus and support How to project console to PC via USB Type C? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; So my computer has a USB C port and I want to input an HDMI signal through it from my Xbox. Is this possible? I know this isn't possible with my PC's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by jonnyg43, Apr 25, 2017.

1. jonnyg43 Win User

How to project console to PC via USB Type C?

So my computer has a USB C port and I want to input an HDMI signal through it from my Xbox. Is this possible? I know this isn't possible with my PC's HDMI port, since HDMI in and out ports differ slightly, but I'm pretty sure all USB C ports are identical, since data flows both ways?

For reference, I want to use a cable like this. I'd connect the HDMI to my Xbox and the USB C to my computer. Seems like it would be possible, I just can't find a utility to download that can display what is being inputted. Am I missing something here?

:)

jonnyg43, Apr 25, 2017
  2. garym123 Win User

How do I connect my windows phone (Nokia Lumia 1020p) to tv. I want to diplay whole screen on tv?

You can
    Project your Phone
    to a PC via USB with Windows Phone 8.1.

Control it with a touchscreen.

garym123, Apr 25, 2017
  3. Project my screen app not working.

In windows 8.1 mobile i was able to project my phone screen on my pc via USB but now in windows 10 mobile the message to project or not doesn't pop up and of course project my screen app doesn't work. How do i fix this problem? Please reply!

Flogertndou, Apr 25, 2017
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

From your X-box out HDMI why not attach an HDMI splitter and then connect the HDMI cable (v2 I think you need for X-box) to your PC monitor..

I'm confused though -- is the X-box the SOURCE or do you need to use it as an Input/Output device. The USB idea will certainly transmit signals both ways -- I use a Capture device to record HDTV coming out of a Sky Q box -

I have a splitter on the SKY Q box -- one HDMI signal goes to an HDMI port on my big monitor, while the other one goes into the capture device. The video out from the capture device goes into a USB port on the computer -- when I start the software I can watch the main program on the big screen (or not if I want to control the capture device with the computer) and the capture software allows input from keyboard - e.g start, stop, size, options, etc. Works brilliantly.

Note the CHEAP Chinese unbranded splitters are the best as they pass signal straight through removing any DRM. More expensive splitters keep the DRM so all you'll see is a blank screen !!!!

Most decent PC monitors have at least 2 or 3 HDMI ports these days.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 25, 2017
  5. jonnyg43 Win User
    How to project console to PC via USB Type C? [​IMG]
    Yes, the Xbox is the source of the video signal. I attached a diagram of what I'm hoping to do. Simply put, I want to use my computer as a screen for my Xbox--without the use of a monitor. Since USB C has high data transfer speeds, and it sends data both ways, I was hoping there would be software I could download that can display (with minimal lag) what is being inputted through the USB C port on my PC.

So I am curious, what software are you using? What type of capture device are you using? If I had your setup, would I be able to send my video signal through a capture device, and from there have it go into my PC so I can watch it live? I don't actually care about capturing the output, but if this is the best way to get the signal to my computer in a format that can be read by the software you mentioned, then this would be the best way?

jonnyg43, Apr 26, 2017
  6. You can connect to your XBOX from windows with the XBOX App. You can even play a game from the XBOX, (stream it to your PC), on your PC. You'll need a game controller connected to the PC though.

alphanumeric, Apr 27, 2017
  7. jonnyg43 Win User
    Yes, I've tried that but my internet connection is very very slow. Since the Xbox app uses internet to transfer data, I'm out of luck on this one... I mean it works, just not well. I'm looking into a wired solution, preferably with USB C, so I don't lose image quality or frames.

jonnyg43, Apr 27, 2017
  8. How to project console to PC via USB Type C?

Ok, I just assumed it connected on the LAN side, not the WAN side. No issues here for me with the XBOX App. I don't know how you do it from HDMI to USB 3, if even possible?

9. Mine is connected to my TV via HDMI.

10. jonnyg43 Win User

This is the cable I'd use. I'm just trying to find software capable of displaying input from a USB C connection.

For example, here is Microsoft's "Project My Screen App", which allows you to project a Windows Phone onto your PC's screen when plugged in via USB. There just has to be something similar that will A) work with any device, not just Windows Phone, and B) work with USB C inputs. I can't find any type of utility out there though.

jonnyg43, Apr 27, 2017
  11. batlhilz Win User
    you shouldnt be able to output HDMI to usb-c? so USB-C in laptops are only for "output" use only and ofc charging etc.

HDMI-to-USB-c cables are more of an USB-C to HDMI. same goes with the displayport, you cant output HDMI to displayport cause of licensing issues.

even the USB-C is "two-way-data" it doesnt mean you can use it as a sink on a laptop / computer. you need some different methods for that, extra input card with some software or so.

batlhilz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to project console to PC via USB Type C? - Similar Threads - project console via

2. When connecting my Android Device Type C via USB USB A or Type C, neither the phone is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When connecting my Android Device Type C via USB USB A or Type C, neither the phone is...: I have a MSI laptop and a Xiaomi/Poco phone devices I'm trying to connect and I tried with my phones type c to usb a cable, a usb 3.0 supported type c to type c cable and another phones type c to a cable, tried almost every thing that I could find in the microsoft community,...
  3. When connecting my Android Device Type C via USB USB A or Type C, neither the phone is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When connecting my Android Device Type C via USB USB A or Type C, neither the phone is...: I have a MSI laptop and a Xiaomi/Poco phone devices I'm trying to connect and I tried with my phones type c to usb a cable, a usb 3.0 supported type c to type c cable and another phones type c to a cable, tried almost every thing that I could find in the microsoft community,...
  4. Project to PC using usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Project to PC using usb: Hi, is it possible to project to pc with sound using usb without third party applications? The wireless pc projection from "Connect" app sure is good but it has a big delay in which I can't seem to fix. So I'm looking at the possibility of projecting to pc without third party...
  5. Project to PC using usb

Project to PC using usb: Hi, is it possible to project to pc with sound using usb without third party applications? The wireless pc projection from "Connect" app sure is good but it has a big delay in which I can't seem to fix. So I'm looking at the possibility of projecting to pc without third party...
  6. Problem with USB type C

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with USB type C: Hi, I am using Lenovo Thinkpad T15 with Windows 10. I connect my laptop with a docking station through USB Type-C port. The mouse is connected by not the power and the screen display. I have tried to restart the laptop, and reconnect all the cables of the screens and the...
  7. USB Type C

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Type C: Hey, guys hot question, My Asus Vivobook has a USB Type C output but reading the specs of my laptop for some weird reason it says that it does not support video output. There fore I only have one HDMI output for video and I need one more!!!!Does anyone know of a...
  8. USB Type C

USB Type C: Hey, guys hot question, My Asus Vivobook has a USB Type C output but reading the specs of my laptop for some weird reason it says that it does not support video output. There fore I only have one HDMI output for video and I need one more!!!!Does anyone know of a...
  9. How to project usb device via bluetooth

How to project usb device via bluetooth: So here is what I need to know is there like a thing or a program where you can plug in some USB device like a mouse and transmit in via Bluetooth and use it as a Bluetooth device is that not in windows is there an app that you need ps. is this the right category for this...
  10. usb c type

usb c type: im trying to set up a c type usb to hdmi and VGA, when i plug in the usb c type device manager recognises the device but it drops out within a few seconds, help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-c-type/a0c6cae6-a9bf-4f0d-a11d-19620528cd36

Users found this page by searching for:

1. project to computer via usbc

2. how to project console onto pc