Windows 10: how to provide best audio quality when share screen(play music/video)

Discus and support how to provide best audio quality when share screen(play music/video) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I share my laptop's screen with a friend using skype. When I play a video, the sound my friend hear is horrible because my laptop's mic picks up the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by 19stand, Jan 21, 2018.

1. 19stand Win User

how to provide best audio quality when share screen(play music/video)

I share my laptop's screen with a friend using skype. When I play a video, the sound my friend hear is horrible because my laptop's mic picks up the sound from my laptop's speaker and send it to my friend. Is there a better way to do this?

:)

19stand, Jan 21, 2018
  2. lstrentz Win User

in Story Remix: How to ensure audio from video is audible over the selected music track?

In Windows 10 Story Remix, the selected music (from provided choices) overrides the audio to the video clips. How to silence music while videos play or at the least lower the music to barely audible

lstrentz, Jan 21, 2018
  3. N95 Recorded Video: Video and audio is out of sync

Audio and video is out of sync when I play videos recorded with N95 on my PC. If have used different PC applications to play the video, but all exhibit the same problem.

In the beginning of at video it seems that the audio is about 400milliseconds ahead of the video - you hear the sound first. The different in audio and video is not constant. In a long video (30-50minutes) it is quite unpretictable how video and audio is out
    of sync in the end.

To experience the problem yourself record a long video sequence with a N95.

1 .Record something where it is easy to see if video and audio is in sync.

2. Transfer the recording to a PC.

3. Play the recording using VLC (www.videolan.org)

Another way to experience the problem is to convert the recording to AVI format at play it in MediaPlayer or WindowsMovieMaker. To convert a N95 video recording to AVI format use Mp4Cam2Avi.

MP4Cam2AVI Easy Converter

The video recording settings I use on my N95 are:

Best Quality

No Video Stablisation

Firmware version 21.0.0.16.

I think the video quality of N95 recordings is quite good, so I would really like to be able to view and edit the recorded vidoes on my PC.

samhepworth, Jan 21, 2018
  4. Edwin New Member

Go to Recording Devices by right clicking on the Volume icon in the Taskbar, right click in the full pane and enable/show 'Hidden Devices', right click 'Stereo Mix' and Enable it, go to Skype Settings and change Mic to Stereo Mix.
    Sender can't, (or at least shouldn't, depends on options), speak, recipient can speak but it would be best if they mute their Mic as well or it will probably sound terrible still.

Edwin, Jan 21, 2018
Thema:

1. how to provide best audio quality when share screen(play music/video) - Similar Threads - provide best audio

2. Can't play videos or music with W10 Media or music or video apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't play videos or music with W10 Media or music or video apps: I'm looking for suggestions how to troubleshoot a video problem in W10. When I try to play mp3/4 videos with either W10 Media Player or the VLC app, videos are either choppy and stop after a few seconds, or in the case with VLC, the app just flashes. I've uninstalled/clean...
  3. How to share music

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to share music: I have six recordings of my son playing his acoustic guitar that I would like to share with friends. What is the best way to accomplish this? I uploaded them to Google Drive which has a music player but I could not make a playlist. What web based site should I use? 144489
  4. Video and Audio stuttering while playing music, videos and videogames

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video and Audio stuttering while playing music, videos and videogames: 3 weeks ago I noticed that my computer started stuttering for a second or less while playing music, videos and videogames. Video and audio will stutter for a brief period of time randomly almost always 5 minutes after I begin playing media or randomly every 20, 30, 60 minutes...
  5. bad quality audio in videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    bad quality audio in videos: I use a mic built in the headphones. The issue appeared when I recorded a video on Minecraft, at first I didn’t hear anything. I fixed it but faced another problem. I was able to hear the audio for my microphone clearly, but the game audio is choppy. Moreover I can hear my...
  6. No audio when playing video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio when playing video: I have no audio when playing video. This started with the most recent build to Windows 10, v.1809. All of the sound drivers have been updated (by Microsoft, when they took control of my computer). I can get the sound to work by running the audio playback troubleshooter...
  7. Shacking screen when I play music

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shacking screen when I play music: My laptop screen is shacking up more when I play music and video, and make it hang sometime until I shut down. Now, my laptop screen has been shacking all the time. I couldn't find to solve this problem, please help me out. Thanks...
  8. Icon providing screen sharing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Icon providing screen sharing: Dear Skype and Skype Community, I am using a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10. I wish I could "screen share".... but the icons "3 dots"... or the "+" sign are NOT displayed when I make a call either by video or phone. What shall I do to have those icons displayed to allow me...
  9. audio but no video when playing dvd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audio but no video when playing dvd: I recently updated to windows 10 and haven't had too many problems, although my Toshiba video player gives me audio but not video when playing dvds. This isn't usually a problem for me unless I'm somewhere that doesn't give me internet access, that's when I'll put on a dvd....
  10. Music and Videos stutter when playing back

in Windows 10 Support
    Music and Videos stutter when playing back: Hello all, This has been an issue that has been going on for quite some time now. It is weird because it seems to be pretty inconsistent as to when the issue happens. I will do my best to describe my issue. When I listen to spotify there is a stuttering noise, like a CD...