Windows 10: How to put any shortcut / folder in Windows 10 Navigation Pane

Discus and support How to put any shortcut / folder in Windows 10 Navigation Pane in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a way to customize Navigation Pane folders in order to remove unnecessary folders and add desired folders and shortcuts in Windows 10 Pro.?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RedCat, Aug 3, 2015.

1. RedCat Win User

How to put any shortcut / folder in Windows 10 Navigation Pane

Is there a way to customize Navigation Pane folders in order to remove unnecessary folders and add desired folders and shortcuts in Windows 10 Pro.?

:)

RedCat, Aug 3, 2015
  2. Nashsafc Win User

How can i make a folder shortcut in user account folder in navigation pane

I want to put a folder that i have from a different hard disk drive into the user account drop down menu in the navigation pane in windows explorer. Simply creating a shortcut of the folder into my user account's folder doesn't display the folder in the
    windows explorer navigation pane. So what i want is a shortcut folder that acts like a folder of it's own but is directly linked with the other folder in the other hard drive.

Nashsafc, Aug 3, 2015
  3. Windows 10 File Explorer Navigation pane auto scrolls after 15 seconds

I want File Explorer to start in a particular folder. To do that, I define a shortcut to explorer.exe, and add the required folder to the Target. If I run the shortcut, and then scroll down and select another folder in the Navigation pane, the Navigator
    pane scrolls back to the top 15 seconds after running the shortcut. I can reproduce the problem on three Windows 10 computers, as follows.

In File Explorer, choose ‘View > (Panes) Navigation Pane’, and check only ‘Navigation pane’ and ‘Expand to open folder’. Reduce the height of the window so that when C: is expanded, ‘Windows’ is not visible in the Navigation pane. Close File Explorer.

Create a shortcut to ‘C:\Windows\explorer.exe C:\’. Run the shortcut. In the Navigation pane, use the scroll bar to scroll down, and click ‘Windows’. The Navigation pane scrolls to the top 15 seconds after File Explorer was started. ‘Windows’ is still
    selected, but no longer visible in the Navigation pane.

This also happens with the standard File Explorer shortcut, but only the first time File Explorer is used after a restart. In the Navigation pane, click the arrow next to C: to expand the folder before scrolling.

With either method, if you delay doing anything for 15 seconds after the program starts, the problem doesn’t occur.

I have a plain Windows background color (no slideshow).

Mike Dallwitz, Aug 3, 2015
  4. How to put any shortcut / folder in Windows 10 Navigation Pane

Right click on the folder and go with Add to Quick access.

cutesunita21, Aug 3, 2015
  5. RedCat Win User
    I don't mean how to put in Quick access, i mean a separate "Master" folder / shortcut, like the same Quick Access or Network.​ That thing is not supported by the OS as far as i know, but i guess there is a way to do so through registry!

RedCat, Aug 3, 2015
  6. PFP
    pfp Win User
    It must be possible.

I installed Dropbox and it added itself to the Navigation Pane.
    I also installed Google Drive which only added itself to Quick Access but I want it on the Navigation Pane.

7. Im wondering about this also.
    So far I haven't been able to find anything, anybody has any idea?

NemesisWolfe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to put any shortcut / folder in Windows 10 Navigation Pane

1. How to put any shortcut / folder in Windows 10 Navigation Pane - Similar Threads - put shortcut folder

2. Navigation pane shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Navigation pane shortcut: To control the navigation pane in File Explorer a user must click view > show > navigation pane. I understand that there is no keyboard shortcut built in Windows 11 to perform that operation. However, could someone please reply with instructions on how I could create my own...
  3. Navigation pane shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Navigation pane shortcut: To control the navigation pane in File Explorer a user must click view > show > navigation pane. I understand that there is no keyboard shortcut built in Windows 11 to perform that operation. However, could someone please reply with instructions on how I could create my own...
  4. Folders missing from Navigation Pane

Folders missing from Navigation Pane: Desktop and Download folders missing from Navigation Pane. Also There is 2 Libraries Folders in navigation pane.OS : Windows 11 Home Insider Preview, Build 25140rs...
  5. Save As Navigation Pane with blank folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Save As Navigation Pane with blank folders: Save As dialog boxes show many blank folders. I believe this was from iCloud Photos creating numerous instances. What registry values will I need to edit/remove to clean this up? Thanks. [ATTACH]...
  6. Adding shortcuts to navigation pane

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding shortcuts to navigation pane: Hello In the past I had managed to add shortcuts in my Computer/Video folder in my navigation pane the left vertical bar, but I don't remember how to do this. Be careful, I'm not talking about putting shortcuts in Quick Access I never use that. Here's a screenshot it's a...
  7. Opening a folder adds shortcut under This PC in the navigation pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening a folder adds shortcut under This PC in the navigation pane: When I open a folder in the Windows Explorer, despite having the "Expand to current folder" option ticked off, the navigation panel will add a "Desktop" or "Downloads" shortcut under This PC. In this screenshot, on the left is how it looks like after opening folders and on...
  8. add custom shortcuts to navigation pane

in Windows 10 Customization
    add custom shortcuts to navigation pane: hello is there a way to adding custom files shortcut (not folders shortcut) to navigation pane? for example i want to add a shourtcut from explorer.exe to my navigatin pane.i knew about adding custom folders or control panel items to navigation pane,but my question is about...
  9. Windows 10 Navigation pane

Windows 10 Navigation pane: I have installed adobe creative cloud but its folder is showing in the navigate pane. I want to remove it from there. Will you please help me to do this. 13320
  10. "Documents" folder multiplying in navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    "Documents" folder multiplying in navigation pane: I have this problem on my fresh Windows 10 Pro x64 installtion where the documents folder keep multiplying in the file explorer navigation pane, it sometimes appears when I'm using the file explorer or leave it open in the background for a while. The system folders...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i put shortcuts on my navigation pane

2. how to put something in the navigation pane on win