Windows 10: How to re-download/re-installWMP 12? It's NOT in Optional Features!

Discus and support How to re-download/re-installWMP 12? It's NOT in Optional Features! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've always hated Windows Media Player, so after I installed 64-bit Windows 10 Pro (EN-US - NOT N or K), I uninstalled WMP 12 and was happy. But now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Thenin, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Thenin Win User

How to re-download/re-installWMP 12? It's NOT in Optional Features!

I've always hated Windows Media Player, so after I installed 64-bit Windows 10 Pro (EN-US - NOT N or K), I uninstalled WMP 12 and was happy. But now I'm trying to install a new application called PlayOn Desktop, but it always fails because I don't have WMP installed.

I'm running release 1803.

I've tried using Programs and Features in Control Panel and then Optional Features in Settings, but there are absolutely no entries relating to "Media Features" or any kind of media player. I've also tried downloading from Microsoft and attempting to install WMP 12 for Win 10 "N" editions, but that refused to install because I don't have either the "N" or "K" versions. I also tried some MSU file for WMP 12 support, but that didn't work either.

So where can I download the EN-US version of WMP 12 that I can install in my Win 10? Note that this is NOT an easy question...

Thanks!

ETA: Please, please do not suggest a repair install of Windows 10! I've spent MONTHS setting up my system exactly the way I want it, yet even a repair install will massively screw me over!! I'd far rather kill myself than re-install Windows 10!

:)

Thenin, Aug 19, 2018

2. How to remove all entries in windows 10 Optional Feature History

Hello,

To help you with your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Settings > System, and select Apps & features from the left side.
    • Click on the Manage optional features link.
    • To remove an app or a feature, select the feature and click on the Uninstall button.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Aug 19, 2018
  3. Jaune Bel Win User
    manage optional features

Hi Alicia,

There could be a setting that has been configured to open the Manage optional features automatically. We'd like to know a few things so we could provide an accurate resolution. Kindly answer the following:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Is Manage optional features popping up right after you turn on your computer or while using it?
    • Are you trying to disable the Manage optional features completely?

If you're trying to disable any of the optional features, here are the steps on how to do it :

• Go to Control Panel and click on Programs.
    • Click on the Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On Windows Features, select the feature(s) that you want to enable or disable and click
      OK.
    • Restart your computer as the wizard says to complete the task.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Jaune Bel, Aug 19, 2018
  4. How to re-download/re-installWMP 12? It's NOT in Optional Features!

No Features to Install Under Optional Features?

Hello,

Since you are facing issue in installing optional Japanese language pack, I suggest you to install the language pack by following the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open Settings menu.

• Click on Time and language in settings window.

• Click on Region and language from left navigation pane.

• Click on Add a language (+ symbol)

• Select Japanese language pack.

• Now, click on Japanese language pack
      and click on Set a default button under the
      Region and language from left navigation pane.
    Step 2:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select
      Control panel.

• Type Language in the search bar located at the top right corner of Control panel and click on language.

• Click on the Japanese language pack
      on the Language window.

• Click on Download and install language pack button under
      Japanese language pack.

• Enter the administrator password if prompted.

• Click on Save button.
    Hope this helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

How to re-download/re-installWMP 12? It's NOT in Optional Features!

1. How to re-download/re-installWMP 12? It's NOT in Optional Features! - Similar Threads - download installWMP Optional

2. How to re-download deleted photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to re-download deleted photos: Hi,I recently downloaded photos from an iphone using the Photos App in Windows 11. About one hundred of the photos did not download properly only partially show the photo due to an unknown error, so I deleted them from the Photos app one-by-one. Now I would like to...
  3. How to re-download deleted photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to re-download deleted photos: Hi,I recently downloaded photos from an iphone using the Photos App in Windows 11. About one hundred of the photos did not download properly only partially show the photo due to an unknown error, so I deleted them from the Photos app one-by-one. Now I would like to...
  4. Re-download minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-download minecraft: So I have purchased minecraft a few years ago before the account migration from Mojang to Microsoft. Now my account is migrated and eyerything as expected. The thing is my laptop will probably need a format and so the launcher and basically the game's files will be deleted....
  5. Re-download minecraft

Re-download minecraft: So I have purchased minecraft a few years ago before the account migration from Mojang to Microsoft. Now my account is migrated and eyerything as expected. The thing is my laptop will probably need a format and so the launcher and basically the game's files will be deleted....
  6. Re downloading Minecraft

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re downloading Minecraft: Hello! So I had bought Minecraft a long time ago and my PC recently started having some issues so I restarted it and uninstalled all my apps. I was able to get most of them back but I was unable to get my Minecraft back and it's saying I need to rebuy it even though I already...
  7. Cloud download re-install feature not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cloud download re-install feature not working: Hi guys, Have any of you had any success using this new Windows feature? Whenever I click Cloud Download it fails to download and I have to do a local-reinstall. submitted by /u/sunfrogz [link] [comments]...
  8. Minecraft Re-Download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Re-Download: I have a PE account, so I tried to re-download the windows 10 edition on my computer. When I tried the first time, my password wasn't working. So I pressed forgot password. It didn't send me the email so I thought it was my email that was wrong, so I retried my email 20...
  9. Option to re-add/re-install math input panel?

Option to re-add/re-install math input panel?: So i removed this via the optional features section under settings > apps & features > optional features. I was under the assumption it could be added back the same way. Alas, its simply not there in the list to re-add. Since its not a widely used/popular feature, google...
  10. How to re-download/re-installWMP 12? It's NOT in Optional Features!

in Windows 10 Support
    How to re-download/re-installWMP 12? It's NOT in Optional Features!: I've always hated Windows Media Player, so after I installed 64-bit Windows 10 Pro (EN-US - NOT N or K), I uninstalled WMP 12 and was happy. But now I'm trying to install a new application called PlayOn Desktop, but it always fails because I don't have WMP installed.I've...