Windows 10: How to re-enable Cortana after disabling with .bak method?

Discus and support How to re-enable Cortana after disabling with .bak method? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm on the Windows 10 Anniversary Update version and a while back I disabled Cortana completely with this method: Can I completely disable Cortana... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dowon, Aug 23, 2016.

1. dowon Win User

How to re-enable Cortana after disabling with .bak method?

I'm on the Windows 10 Anniversary Update version and a while back I disabled Cortana completely with this method:

Can I completely disable Cortana on Windows 10? - Super User

Now I want to re-enable it again, how would I go about that? I checked the SystemApps folder where it apparently created another folder for Cortana and now I have two identical folders that I don't know what to do about.

Imgur

Thanks!

:)

dowon, Aug 23, 2016
  2. jdrewf99 Win User

Cortana Setting

When I go into Cortana settings it states "Cortana is disabled by company policy" my pc is not a company pc, it is a private personal pc how I re-enable Cortana and for that matter anything covered by this faux policy setting.

jdrewf99, Aug 23, 2016
  3. pirast Win User
    Cortana only doing Bing searches in Windows 10?

I had the same issue. What I did to solve it was to run cmd as administrator and run sfc.exe /scannow

After, I disabled and re-enabled Cortana and it worked again.

pirast, Aug 23, 2016
  4. How to re-enable Cortana after disabling with .bak method?

TairikuOkami, Aug 23, 2016
Thema:

How to re-enable Cortana after disabling with .bak method?

1. How to re-enable Cortana after disabling with .bak method? - Similar Threads - enable Cortana disabling

2. Disable and Re-enabling Touchscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable and Re-enabling Touchscreen: I was wondering once you Disable your tocuhscreen, are you able to Enable it again after? Just asking before I make a mistake. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-and-re-enabling-touchscreen/0ea8942b-e1b9-4773-a5ef-8a226289eb83
  3. Disable and Re-enabling Touchscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable and Re-enabling Touchscreen: I was wondering once you Disable your tocuhscreen, are you able to Enable it again after? Just asking before I make a mistake. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-and-re-enabling-touchscreen/0ea8942b-e1b9-4773-a5ef-8a226289eb83
  4. Disable and Re-enabling Touchscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Notification can't be re-enabled after being disabled

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Notification can't be re-enabled after being disabled: Hi guys! First of all, this is my first post in this sub-reddit, so let me know if it is not appropriate to the usual questions/content. If you're a true Windows 10 master, this issue is for you! So here's the problem I've spent about 10 hours trying to fix (because others...
  6. Can't disable Windows Defender after re enabling it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't disable Windows Defender after re enabling it: I enabled Windows Defender to scan some files. Now when I try to disable it by writing 1 to DisableAntiSpyware I get error writing value's new contents. I have tamper protection disabled and also tried using Group Policy but also didn't work. My laptop runs slower and heats...
  7. Cortana Partially Appearing After Disabling. How to Disable Cortana Completely?

in Cortana
    Cortana Partially Appearing After Disabling. How to Disable Cortana Completely?: Hello, I am trying to disable cortana in my new laptop Windows 10 system, which I am still configuring things. I followed some steps in regedit and set a flag to 0. Source: https://www.hows.tech/2019/04/disable-cortana-in-windows-10.html But it is still showing up the...
  8. Disabled Cortana, now cannot re-enable her.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabled Cortana, now cannot re-enable her.: I disabled Cortana and Telemetry a couple weeks ago, but now I want to reverse my actions. Here's what I did initially: Code: In regedit - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Policies > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Search I created a new DWORD and named it AllowCortana, and...
  9. How do I re-enable Cortana?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I re-enable Cortana?: I have disabled and renamed the folder of cortana, knowing not what I was doing and now I can't use the search function. I really need this for what I do. I thought I could close Cortana without getting rid of the search function, but I guess it did. *cry Now, I don't know...
  10. Re-enabling local file search in taskbar with Cortana disabled

in Windows 10 Support
    Re-enabling local file search in taskbar with Cortana disabled: Hello! If I disable websearch in the taskbar by setting the key Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search\ConnectedSearchUseWeb to 0 and/or I disable Cortana completely either by setting the key...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to disable cortana bak

2. how to enable cortana after disabling