Windows 10: How to Re-paginate (concatinate pages) in Firefox

Discus and support How to Re-paginate (concatinate pages) in Firefox in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I was asked by a fellow member how to use a re-pagination extension in Firefox. I'm posting here to make it public for all.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by f14tomcat, Aug 10, 2016.

1. f14tomcat Win User

How to Re-paginate (concatinate pages) in Firefox

I was asked by a fellow member how to use a re-pagination extension in Firefox. I'm posting here to make it public for all.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The extension is called Re-Pagination, and can be found here: Re-Pagination :: Add-ons for Firefox It works with Firefox and Chrome, as well as others based on Mozilla or Chrome browser. It is not available for Edge. Not sure if IE will support it.

Re-pagination is the process of concatenating (joining together) 2 or more pages into one. There are several reasons why you might want to do this. Avoid click "next". Save all pages as one. Print all pages as one.

I'm using Shawn's thread on Firefox releases as an example. Any thread will do, as well as any other web site with multiple pages.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After installing the extension and bringing up the first page, right click on page 2, not last or next....page 2. This tells re-pagination to join the current page (1) with all remaining pages, 2 - last. Then click LOAD ALL.

How to Re-paginate (concatinate pages) in Firefox [​IMG]

In the upper left, you will see the progress of the joining. Wait for it to finish.

NOTE: There is a limitation, imposed by the extension, on how large the result can be.
    It's not number of pages or length of post, just an internal buffer cap. I've found
    <30-40 pages will fit into one result. If not, it will simply complete what it can.
    You may need to join groups of pages if this is the case.

At this point, the extension has actually re-loaded all available pages, as one. If you were to press END on your keyboard, it would rapidly scroll all the way to the end of the last page. Press HOME, and it will pop to the top.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of the main reasons for joining all pages as one is the ability to print the entire thread as one document. If "printed" as a PDF file, it then becomes available to open in the PDF reader of your choice and becomes searchable. Or any other function or use you may have for a PDF. It can even be zipped and posted, only limitation here on TF is the size, about 6.8MB, zipped.

Here is how to create the PDF after you have joined all the pages.

Do a CTRL-P and choose Microsoft Print to PDF. You may have other plugins available, also.

Click OK.

You will see the green progress bar in the background while the MS plugin is preparing the file. Choose where to save the PDF and give it a name. Click SAVE.

The progress bar for saving is displayed.
    (actually creating the PDF at this point)

I'm using Foxit Reader, but you can use any good PDF reader to open the file. The PDF is searchable, contains clickable links, and can be used for any purpose like any other PDF file.

Note: The number of pages in the PDF file will be larger than the thread. This is due to
    the PDF default page format of 8 1/2 X 11. Posts in the threads are variable
    length. This will result in the PDF possibly splitting a post into 2 or more pages.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it. TC

:)

f14tomcat, Aug 10, 2016

2. touch screen impazzito cambia pagine da solo senza contatto alcuno

touch screen impazzito cambia pagine da solo senza contatto alcuono. Effettuato reset non e' cambiato nulla persiste continua a cambiare pagine ed attivare funzioni . Cosa fare??

emanuelecitarrella, Aug 10, 2016
  3. Windows keeps warning me about "Low memory" when opening games on build 14393

That was it! I just had to increase my pagination file.

NickeManarin, Aug 10, 2016
  4. essenbe Win User

Good info, TC. Well done.

essenbe, Aug 10, 2016
  5. Great work, easy to understand TC, thanks.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Aug 10, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    Thanks so much TC! I will try it shortly. *Smile

EDIT: Worked well!

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to Re-paginate (concatinate pages) in Firefox - Similar Threads - paginate concatinate pages

2. Pagination

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pagination: I am working in Word on a Mac. I have a book in which I would like to begin pagination at the eighth page. I put in page numbers for all pages. I put in a page break and after the break, was able to begin page numbers at page 8. I then went into the section before the break...
  3. Pagination

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pagination: I am working in Word on a Mac. I have a book in which I would like to begin pagination at the eighth page. I put in page numbers for all pages. I put in a page break and after the break, was able to begin page numbers at page 8. I then went into the section before the break...
  4. Pagination

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pagination: I am formatting a book in Word and trying to get the page numbers to begin after the Table of Contents. I put in a page break and then inserted page numbers into the footer- starting with page 1 after the Table of Contents. All went well, but then I went to delete the page...
  5. Pagination

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pagination: I am formatting a book in Word and trying to get the page numbers to begin after the Table of Contents. I put in a page break and then inserted page numbers into the footer- starting with page 1 after the Table of Contents. All went well, but then I went to delete the page...
  6. How to get the old about:config page back in Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    How to get the old about:config page back in Firefox: This is helpful if you don't really like the new About:config page in Firefox, and want the previous compact one back. about:config in the URL box currently gives the redesigned page: First..... [img] then you have to click Show All to get [img] Instead of using...
  7. Pagination

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pagination: On my new Laptop I have to choose Insert and then type Ctrl+Fn+F9 (nobody seems to know how to lock the Fn keys) to insert field brackets. In my last computer I used to type F9 to hide the field code. If I now press F9 the screen jumps to a Screen saver picture and I...
  8. Pagination

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pagination: I asked a question about pagination yesterday and was rapidly advised to click Fn +ctrl +F9,on my new Laptop to insert field brackets. However it was not clear whether I should include the Fn click when removing the brackets. Also should I click Fn every time I use a...
  9. Pagination

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pagination: I've recently had a new computer and the system I've previously used for 'Page x of y pages' ( Ctrl plus f9 for field brackets does not seem to work. Help please. RauyTJ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pagination/e8b8287a-5123-43f1-9d3b-b197fa55e079
  10. Locking in page size in Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Locking in page size in Firefox: I'm trying out Firefox on my tablet. The window size goes to 100% every time I change web pages. Is there a way to lock the size to 80% and keep it there? I don't see any setting. 61683

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 how to repaginate the web