Windows 10: How to re-pin File Explorer to Taskbar

Discus and support How to re-pin File Explorer to Taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had unpinned file explorer from the taskbar and now I would like to re-pin it. Is this possible and if so, how is this accomplished please. 73820 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by robdam1001, Jan 1, 2017.

1. How to re-pin File Explorer to Taskbar

I had unpinned file explorer from the taskbar and now I would like to re-pin it. Is this possible and if so, how is this accomplished please.

:)

robdam1001, Jan 1, 2017
  2. jimingo Win User

File Explorer Issues Windows 10

My file explore icon disappeared from the main taskbar and there is no option to re-pin it. I can put a shortcut on the desktop and I can add a "this pc" navigation option on the far right side of the taskbar but I don't care for these options. I just
    want my file explorer shortcut back on the main section of the taskbar.

Also, as this might be related, the icon for file explorer is missing as well (when I put a shortcut on the desktop or to the start menu for example). But it still works, even without the icon.

1) How do I get the icon for file explore back? I tried rebuilding the windows icons but that didn't work.

2) How do I get the file explorer shortcut back on the main portion of the taskbar? I've read a bunch of posts of people saying to right click the file explorer option in the start menu but mine has no option to pin to taskbar. It only has an option to
    pin to start and that's not what I want. I can't drag the shortcut to the taskbar either.

I tried restarting the computer in safe mode with everything except Microsoft services disabled but that didn't work. I also ran a system file check (SFC) and multiple virus anti-malware programs and all found no problems.

jimingo, Jan 1, 2017
  3. Windows File Explorer won't open frequently visited folders via right click

Did you try unpinning and re-pinning Explorer to the taskbar?

Also go to Explorer's options and clear its history. Perhaps that will help.

Finally, you can try unpinning everything from Quick Access and re-pinning them, then seeing if right-clicking the taskbar icon and clicking on the newly pinned locations opens them successfully or not.

RobertJWin, Jan 1, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

How to re-pin File Explorer to Taskbar

Open the Start Menu, click on File Explorer, when it opens, right click the taskbar icon and choose Pin to Taskbar.

How to re-pin File Explorer to Taskbar [​IMG]

Edwin, Jan 1, 2017
  5. • Open Start Menu by clicking on the Windows icon in bottom left corner or press the Windows key
    • Click on the File Explorer icon near bottom left of Start Menu (hover cursor over icon to see name)
    • File Explorer will open and button will appear on TaskBar, right click on the button and select Pin to taskbar
    • Left click and hold on the button and drag to the your favored position

Edit: Edwin is fast *Biggrin

FrillyBits, Jan 1, 2017
  6. Thanks, but I should have let you know that I am using Start10 as a Start Menu Replacement.

How to re-pin File Explorer to Taskbar [​IMG]

robdam1001, Jan 1, 2017
  7. Edwin New Member
    Just click on one of them there folders and Pin that to the taskbar.

Edwin, Jan 1, 2017
  8. How to re-pin File Explorer to Taskbar

Thank you again but pinning any of them there folders to the taskbar is not an option. I figured out my issue; I needed to press the left Windows key on my keyboard and then left mouse click in order to launch the original W10 Start Menu. Then your instructions were 100% accurate. Thank you for your time & help, greatly appreciated.

robdam1001, Jan 1, 2017
  9. Edwin New Member
    Once you pin any File Explorer object to the Taskbar, it's Target will always be either File Explorer/This PC or File Explorer/Quick Access from then on, depending on which option you have chosen in Folder Options.

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How to re-pin File Explorer to Taskbar

1. How to re-pin File Explorer to Taskbar - Similar Threads - pin File Explorer

2. How do I pin File Explorer to Win11's taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I pin File Explorer to Win11's taskbar?: I have a short cut to file explorer on my desktop, but every day, I find myself minimizing a bunch of programs that are open just so I can get to the short cut and click on it. So I want to know how to just pin it to the taskbar.This is for my company laptop, for which I do...
  3. Pinned file explorer on taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pinned file explorer on taskbar not working: The Pinned file explorer on the taskbar doesn't work for few days.If I left click the file explorer icon, nothing will happen. If I click again to do anything on the taskbar, the taskbar will just freeze. However, the file explorer can be opened via start menu, desktop icon,...
  4. Pinned file explorer on taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinned file explorer on taskbar not working: The Pinned file explorer on the taskbar doesn't work for few days.If I left click the file explorer icon, nothing will happen. If I click again to do anything on the taskbar, the taskbar will just freeze. However, the file explorer can be opened via start menu, desktop icon,...
  5. Pinned file explorer on taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Pinning File Explorer to secondary taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pinning File Explorer to secondary taskbar?: Hi! I'm trying to pin a shortcut to the explorer on my secondary taskbar but I have no idea how to do this.I'm using a dual-monitor setup with two taskbars, with 'showing programs on taskbar where window is open' enabled. I also use a third-party add-on to set the icons to...
  7. Pinning File Explorer to secondary taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinning File Explorer to secondary taskbar?: Hi! I'm trying to pin a shortcut to the explorer on my secondary taskbar but I have no idea how to do this.I'm using a dual-monitor setup with two taskbars, with 'showing programs on taskbar where window is open' enabled. I also use a third-party add-on to set the icons to...
  8. Pin File Explorer to Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pin File Explorer to Taskbar: I have gone through all of the recommended steps for pinning File Explorer to the task bar and nothing works. Any suggestions as to why this is happening? [Original Title: File Explorer]...
  9. Location of File Explorer's pinned shortcuts in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Location of File Explorer's pinned shortcuts in Taskbar: I am looking for the location of the list of pinned File Explorer shortcuts on the Taskbar. When any of the pinned Taskbar programs are right-clicked, a list of "Recent" items appears. If any of those are pinned, a list above "Recent" appears called "Pinned". I am looking...
  10. Cannot pin File Explorer to Taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot pin File Explorer to Taskbar: I just bought a new Win 10 PC about 8 hours ago and am trying to set it up. I tried to transfer files from my external hard drive onto the new laptop only to find out, once the transfer was nearly complete, that Win 10 defaulted the transfer into my OneDrive, which I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pin file explorer taskbar

2. how to repin files to taskbar