How to reassign a keyboard key combination to a specific key?

Discus and support How to reassign a keyboard key combination to a specific key? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How can I set "Ctrl+J" combination (witch means "í" character on a 101 keys hungarian keyboard) to another key? Forexample, Ctrl+J = Left Win button. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by andrewatya, Jun 5, 2018.

1. andrewatya Win User

How can I set "Ctrl+J" combination (witch means "í" character on a 101 keys hungarian keyboard) to another key? Forexample, Ctrl+J = Left Win button. I wont do changes directly in registry. I tried several softwares (SharpKeys, KeyExtender, KeyTweak...), but no one can handle the key-combinations just the one-to-one key sets.
    Thanks in advance,
    András

:)

andrewatya, Jun 5, 2018
  2. Anna Bon Win User

Reassign shorcut

Let us perform some other process. You can reassign some keys to access different commands, shortcuts, or Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center features to better fit your work style.

Please note that the options listed in this wizard vary depending on the key selected. For example, since you cannot reassign the Windows key, the only option available is to disable it. To reassign a key, please follow the steps below:

• Using the keyboard that you want to configure, start Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center.
    • From the displayed list of key names, select the key you want to reassign.
    • In the command list of the key that you want to reassign, select a command.

Let us know the outcome of the steps provided.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Reassign Space-Backspace Key

Hello Alex,

Thank you for posting your question on Microsoft community.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue.

I would suggest you to refer this Microsoft help article to reassign Keys and check if it helps.

Refer:

How do I reassign hot keys for my keyboard?

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/help/support/how-to/keyboard/reassign-keys

I hope this information helps.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

1. How to reassign a keyboard key combination to a specific key? - Similar Threads - reassign keyboard key

2. Deactivate Windows 10 Pro on HDD, use key to upgrade new PC license from Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deactivate Windows 10 Pro on HDD, use key to upgrade new PC license from Windows 10 Home: I bought a new PC with a Windows 10 Home OEM license. My old PC died, but it had a transferrable Windows 10 Pro license whose product key I had printed out before it died. Both Windows copies are linked to my Microsoft account. I would like to upgrade my new PC to Windows...
  3. How to set a service to a specific logon account?

How to set a service to a specific logon account?: Microsoft update service starts automatically. So I wanna set the service to a specific account. Windows version: 1709, build: 16299.547....
  4. RESOLVED! But NOT how you'd think!: Windows 10 Still freezing at 81 percent from...

RESOLVED! But NOT how you'd think!: Windows 10 Still freezing at 81 percent from...: This is a reply/resolution to feedback that I had submitted a while back, that I had for over a year of trying to install the latest updates of Windows 10, and the issues i was having, My suggestion is that the Microsoft team really needs to look into this issue, and try to...
  5. How to use your hard drive as RAM in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to use your hard drive as RAM in Windows 10: Windows 10 has a feature that allows part of your hard drive to work the same way that RAM(Random Access Memory) does. Known as virtual memory, it is important to system stability and can help improve your computer’s performance when properly configured. Before covering how...
  6. How do i prevent external HDD to go in sleep in windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i prevent external HDD to go in sleep in windows 10 ?: I am using windows 10 in my laptop and desktop. I am having a problem with my external HDD. Windows automatically disconnects my external HDD after 30-40 minutes. I have tried all but still it disconnects with a sound. In windows 7 all same steps worked for me but I don't...
  7. How do I change the font size of the names under my desktop icons?

How do I change the font size of the names under my desktop icons?: How do I change the font size of the names under my desktop icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/how-do-i-change-the-font-size-of-the-names-under/50291850-7360-442b-9191-cbd59aa3e445
  8. how do i get my task bar back on the bottom of my screen again, it seems to have moved to...

how do i get my task bar back on the bottom of my screen again, it seems to have moved to...: how do i get my task bar back on the bottom of my screen again, it seems to have moved to the side of my page ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-get-my-task-bar-back-on-the-bottom-of-my/91d92472-3313-42ec-9302-421a68b67fcd
  9. How to set Windows 10 shortcut to my mouse?

How to set Windows 10 shortcut to my mouse?: The shortcut to change virtual desktop in Windows 10 is: Ctrl + Win + ←/→ i want to bind this to my mouse side key , how to do this? my mouse is DeathAdder2013...
  10. Uknown Device - How to Remove

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Uknown Device - How to Remove: Hello, I have upgraded my windows to win 10 version 1803 after the upgrade I ended up with an unknown drive on Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) the hardware id property shows "BTH\MS_BTHL2CAP" how can remove these driver , after an uninstall attempt it keeps coming back...