Windows 10: How to reassign a keyboard key combination to a specific key?

Discus and support How to reassign a keyboard key combination to a specific key? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How can I set "Ctrl+J" combination (witch means "í" character on a 101 keys hungarian keyboard) to another key? Forexample, Ctrl+J = Left Win button. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by andrewatya, Jun 5, 2018.

1. How to reassign a keyboard key combination to a specific key?

How can I set "Ctrl+J" combination (witch means "í" character on a 101 keys hungarian keyboard) to another key? Forexample, Ctrl+J = Left Win button. I wont do changes directly in registry. I tried several softwares (SharpKeys, KeyExtender, KeyTweak...), but no one can handle the key-combinations just the one-to-one key sets.
    Thanks in advance,
    András

:)

andrewatya, Jun 5, 2018
  2. Anna Bon Win User

Reassign shorcut

Let us perform some other process. You can reassign some keys to access different commands, shortcuts, or Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center features to better fit your work style.

Please note that the options listed in this wizard vary depending on the key selected. For example, since you cannot reassign the Windows key, the only option available is to disable it. To reassign a key, please follow the steps below:

• Using the keyboard that you want to configure, start Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center.
    • From the displayed list of key names, select the key you want to reassign.
    • In the command list of the key that you want to reassign, select a command.

Let us know the outcome of the steps provided.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Reassign Space-Backspace Key

Hello Alex,

Thank you for posting your question on Microsoft community.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue.

I would suggest you to refer this Microsoft help article to reassign Keys and check if it helps.

Refer:

How do I reassign hot keys for my keyboard?

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/help/support/how-to/keyboard/reassign-keys

I hope this information helps.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

How to reassign a keyboard key combination to a specific key?

1. How to reassign a keyboard key combination to a specific key? - Similar Threads - reassign keyboard key

2. How to Disable Specific Key on Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Disable Specific Key on Keyboard: Hello,I am using HP i5 Intel iRisxe with Windows 11I want to disable Lock Key which works for Log Off like Windows Key+L. I have installed Power Toys Utility, Please guide me step by step, Thanks & RegarsJayesh Soni...
  3. How to Disable Specific Key on Keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Disable Specific Key on Keyboard: Hello,I am using HP i5 Intel iRisxe with Windows 11I want to disable Lock Key which works for Log Off like Windows Key+L. I have installed Power Toys Utility, Please guide me step by step, Thanks & RegarsJayesh Soni...
  4. Keyboard layout key combination is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard layout key combination is not working: I've installed the custom keyboard layout for the Ukrainian language - it has some additional symbols. Everything works perfectly except one combination - Alt+Ctrl+і in the Ukrainian layout in the English layout, it would be Alt+Ctrl+s. It returns nothing, but it should...
  5. Keyboard layout key combination is not working

Keyboard layout key combination is not working: I've installed the custom keyboard layout for the Ukrainian language - it has some additional symbols. Everything works perfectly except one combination - Alt+Ctrl+і in the Ukrainian layout in the English layout, it would be Alt+Ctrl+s. It returns nothing, but it should...
  6. Print screen key reassign

Print screen key reassign: Hi. When capturing a screenshot, on older Windows versions I would always just press PrtSc button and paste the screenshot into an image sowtware. However on my new computer there is this Snipping tool app that is extremely clunky and adds like 10 more steps just for making a...
  7. Some Keyboard keys and combinations not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some Keyboard keys and combinations not working.: Hello, Recently I have started facing this issue in my laptop. The Device Manager shows 2 HID Keyboard Devices and 1 HID Compliant mouse. I don't connect external usb keyboard or mouse frequently. But now, the issue is that, my Function keys F1-F12 are working individually....
  8. Keyboard keys combination not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard keys combination not working: Laptop Keyboard keys combination wasn't working, so I did reset. After reset, keyboard started working fine. But today some keys combination again stopped working. I tried driver reinstallation, but didn't work. Also tried keyboard replacement, still the same. Please help me....
  9. how do I reassign keys on my keyboard?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do I reassign keys on my keyboard?: Hi Using a PC so keyboard is all inclusive in pc. Having just installed windows 10.. onto my samsung PC..all works well so far... BUT....my m is not working. I have to cut and paste a 'm' to insert one. When using windows 7 it was an easy fix with 'Sharpkeys' programe, and...
  10. Reassign a keyboard key combination to a specific key?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reassign a keyboard key combination to a specific key?: How can I set "Ctrl+J" combination (witch means "í" character on a 101 keys hungarian keyboard) to another key? Forexample, Ctrl+J = Left Win button. I wont do changes directly in registry. I tried several softwares (SharpKeys, KeyExtender, KeyTweak...), but no one can handle...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to reassign character on windows keyboard