Windows 10: How to reassign a keyboard key combination to a specific key?

Discus and support How to reassign a keyboard key combination to a specific key? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How can I set "Ctrl+J" combination (witch means "í" character on a 101 keys hungarian keyboard) to another key? Forexample, Ctrl+J = Left Win button. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by andrewatya, Jun 5, 2018.

1. andrewatya Win User

How to reassign a keyboard key combination to a specific key?

How can I set "Ctrl+J" combination (witch means "í" character on a 101 keys hungarian keyboard) to another key? Forexample, Ctrl+J = Left Win button. I wont do changes directly in registry. I tried several softwares (SharpKeys, KeyExtender, KeyTweak...), but no one can handle the key-combinations just the one-to-one key sets.
    Thanks in advance,
    András

:)

andrewatya, Jun 5, 2018
  2. Anna Bon Win User

Reassign shorcut

Let us perform some other process. You can reassign some keys to access different commands, shortcuts, or Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center features to better fit your work style.

Please note that the options listed in this wizard vary depending on the key selected. For example, since you cannot reassign the Windows key, the only option available is to disable it. To reassign a key, please follow the steps below:

• Using the keyboard that you want to configure, start Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center.
    • From the displayed list of key names, select the key you want to reassign.
    • In the command list of the key that you want to reassign, select a command.

Let us know the outcome of the steps provided.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Reassign Space-Backspace Key

Hello Alex,

Thank you for posting your question on Microsoft community.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue.

I would suggest you to refer this Microsoft help article to reassign Keys and check if it helps.

Refer:

How do I reassign hot keys for my keyboard?

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/help/support/how-to/keyboard/reassign-keys

I hope this information helps.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

How to reassign a keyboard key combination to a specific key?

1. How to reassign a keyboard key combination to a specific key? - Similar Threads - reassign keyboard key

2. Stubborn keyboard keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stubborn keyboard keys: All of a sudden about 2 weeks ago, certain keys on my keyboard have become extremely hard to activate. As far as I can tell so far, the problem is limited to the c, q, k, and period keys. That's it. All other keys behave normally I can get those problem keys to activate by...
  3. Keyboard keys error

Keyboard keys error: After getting new update for windows 10 I updated my laptop and delete previous version of windows 10 and there were no issues of anything but then after some days later some keys ( delete, backspace, enter,F10, F11,F12,shift,down arrow, right arrow) unfortunately without any...
  4. Keyboard key problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard key problem: My Keyboard key scrolled automatically. specially right key. Moreover most of the laptop keyboard are not working properly. What is the solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/keyboard-key-problem/e6f46a01-4a74-4f2b-9a3c-6bb4dd818357
  5. keyboard key skipping

keyboard key skipping: i have chaged my keyboard 3 times, motherboad and hard drive single time but the problem in window 10 key skipping has not been resolved by the company itself. i already has installed, reset, restore the window 8 times as per the Dell assistant assist me, but still i am...
  6. Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Key combinations using TAB key

Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Key combinations using TAB key: Hardware: Sculpt Comfort Mouse (Bluetooth) I'm using the "Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center" to set app-specific commands for the swipe up capabilities. When I'm in the Key Combination textbox I'm unable to add the TAB key to the key sequence. I want to create a Win+TAB...
  7. disabling the keys on keyboard

disabling the keys on keyboard: can we disable the keys on he virtual keyboard if we don't want to use them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/disabling-the-keys-on-keyboard/90b1cae3-3265-4630-85f3-0dddf0a41893
  8. Reassign a keyboard key combination to a specific key?

Reassign a keyboard key combination to a specific key?: How can I set "Ctrl+J" combination (witch means "í" character on a 101 keys hungarian keyboard) to another key? Forexample, Ctrl+J = Left Win button. I wont do changes directly in registry. I tried several softwares (SharpKeys, KeyExtender, KeyTweak...), but no one can handle...
  9. Keyboard keys switched

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Keyboard keys switched: After the latest windows insider update some keys on my keyboard have changed. For example " is now @ and the opposite as well. Meaning if I want the @ key as in a email address, I must push the " key. I cant seem to find a way to reset to default. The normal keyboard default...
  10. Keyboard layout wrong when trying combinations with Shift key

Keyboard layout wrong when trying combinations with Shift key: Hey guys, So my brother recently got a new laptop (Acer Aspire V Nitro, 17'') and everything was working fine until yesterday, while he was typing and suddenly couldn't use AltGr+2 to get an @-symbol. We looked into the layout settings, everything fine (It's still set to...