Windows 10: How to recover numbers on numpad by regedit?

Discus and support How to recover numbers on numpad by regedit? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; In the past I have messed some regedit value some numpad value on the right area on the keyboard with AutoHotKey. Now I want to reset it to the default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Yi, Dec 1, 2023.

1. YI
    Yi Win User

How to recover numbers on numpad by regedit?

In the past I have messed some regedit value some numpad value on the right area on the keyboard with AutoHotKey. Now I want to reset it to the default value because it is remapped now. But I cannot remember any specific step to do it. I didn't store a file which can allow me to recover so I must manually reset them Can someone tell me some specific steps I can do to figure it out? Much thanks to you.

:)

2. set numpad to show numbers when turned off.

hello,

I have an hp elitebook 745 without numpad on the far right (Windows 10).

Each time i want to use the numbers from the numpad to input french accents, I have to do the following:

• fn + numlk (to enable the numbers)
    • then press fn + alt + accent combination code.
    • then to continue with the alphabets, i have to turn off the numpad again by fn + numlk
    This is a long annoying procedure since it have to be turned on and off each time for accents etc.

When i press the fn + the numeric keys when the numlk is off, i get the directional buttons which are of no use.

Is the a way to changes those two modes so the when i press fn + numeric keys when the numlk is off, i get the numbers instead of the directional buttons?

Example with the "U" key.

What it is now:

• U (when numlk is off) = alphabet U
    • fn + U (when numllk is off) = left directional button
    • fn + U (when numlk is on) = letter 4
    What i'm looking for:

• U (when numlk is off) = alphabet U
    • fn + U (when numllk is off) = letter 4
    • fn + U (when numlk is on) = left directional button

Thank you in advance for your help. This is an handicap for my work and your help would be really appreciated.

The solution of having an external usb numpad
    is not an option, since very often i have to move with the laptop around and having additional devices is not practical.

khembeegoo, Dec 1, 2023
  3. marcwilson, Dec 1, 2023
  4. How to recover numbers on numpad by regedit?

Numpad just pressing the 6 key

When I try to play a game, the numpad would spam the number 6 key, which would spam the right arrow key.And when I turn numlock on, it would spam the 6 key. Can anyone help me fix my numpad? I tried to use the regedit but still didn't work.

Nguyen Cao Minh, Dec 1, 2023
Thema:

How to recover numbers on numpad by regedit?

1. How to recover numbers on numpad by regedit? - Similar Threads - recover numbers numpad

2. Numpad can be used for everything except typing numbers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Numpad can be used for everything except typing numbers: Hi there, I have an issue with my PC. The Numpad can be used for everything, except for typing numbers. When the num lock is off, it can be used as an arrow button, when the accessibility settings is turned on, it can be used to move the mouse pointer, and when the login...
  3. How to recover numbers on numpad by regedit?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recover numbers on numpad by regedit?: In the past I have messed some regedit value some numpad value on the right area on the keyboard with AutoHotKey. Now I want to reset it to the default value because it is remapped now. But I cannot remember any specific step to do it. I didn't store a file which can allow me...
  4. How to recover numbers on numpad by regedit?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to recover numbers on numpad by regedit?: In the past I have messed some regedit value some numpad value on the right area on the keyboard with AutoHotKey. Now I want to reset it to the default value because it is remapped now. But I cannot remember any specific step to do it. I didn't store a file which can allow me...
  5. HOW TO RECOVER ACCOUNT WITHOUT NUMBER AND PASSWORD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW TO RECOVER ACCOUNT WITHOUT NUMBER AND PASSWORD: I forgot my password and I don't have my old phone number anymore and I can't verify my account because it's not enough information, I gave my credit card, name and surname on the card, etc. I have access to my e-mail all the time but it won't help me because the number...
  6. HOW TO RECOVER ACCOUNT WITHOUT NUMBER AND PASSWORD

HOW TO RECOVER ACCOUNT WITHOUT NUMBER AND PASSWORD: I forgot my password and I don't have my old phone number anymore and I can't verify my account because it's not enough information, I gave my credit card, name and surname on the card, etc. I have access to my e-mail all the time but it won't help me because the number...
  7. Numpad keep spamming number 6 keyRepost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Numpad keep spamming number 6 keyRepost: When I try to play a game, the Numpad would spam the number 6 key, which would spam the right arrow key when I turn the numlock off. And when I turn numlock on, it would spam the 6 key. Can anyone help me fix my numpad? I tried to use the regedit but still didn't work. I also...
  8. Numpad keep spamming number 6 keyRepost

Numpad keep spamming number 6 keyRepost: When I try to play a game, the Numpad would spam the number 6 key, which would spam the right arrow key when I turn the numlock off. And when I turn numlock on, it would spam the 6 key. Can anyone help me fix my numpad? I tried to use the regedit but still didn't work. I also...
  9. Numpad numbers won't type

in Windows 10 Customization
    Numpad numbers won't type: Some keys on my numpad won't type. Even without caps lock on. Keys include 8, 2, star, and period. How can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/numpad-numbers-wont-type/33a2ce04-991b-4d17-b9ba-9d9e9941dd19
  10. Numpad numbers makes beeping sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Numpad numbers makes beeping sound: When I press the numbers on my numpad I get beeping sounds. This is ALSO true if I use the numpad on the On-Screen keyboard so it is not a hardware issue. The Sticky keys is off, Toggle Keys is off, Filter keys is off, and I have turned off any system sounds. I have...