Windows 10: How to Reduce Bass

Discus and support How to Reduce Bass in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I recently set up my 5.1 surround sound for my PC and the sub-woofer is very powerful and almost distorts the sound, how can i reduce the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by zakgio23, Jul 4, 2016.

1. zakgio23 Win User

How to Reduce Bass

Hi everyone,
    I recently set up my 5.1 surround sound for my PC and the sub-woofer is very powerful and almost distorts the sound, how can i reduce the bass, is their a 3rd party mixer can download?

:)

zakgio23, Jul 4, 2016

2. Looking for a MP3 Player with good Bass.

Whatever you do to the sound with the processor (or a DSP) will be a compromise if the output stages aren't up to scratch.

The only things you can do are

increase the bass level (causes clipping in loud passages - I'm guessing this is what you tried and didn't like)

compress the bass (bass will be loud enough in quiet passages, but won't be louder in the loud passages - I think this is a bit more processor intensive and complex and doubt there's any software that does it)

or

reduce the treble and midrange (you will have to turn the volume up, but if you can that's the best option as it should be lower in distortion). I would try this last idea and see how that does.

martin_eyles, Jul 4, 2016
  3. Elmer San Win User
    How can I prevent bass from reducing the rest of speakers' playback volume?

Hi,

For your concern about how you can prevent the bass from reducing the rest of speakers’ playback volume, we would suggest you to contact the
    Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for further assistance.

Regards.

Elmer San, Jul 4, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

How to Reduce Bass

Hello zakgio23 *Smile

My sub-woofer has a volume control on it for adjusting this effect. Do you have this on yours? Perhaps you can provide some details of the sound software and speaker system you are using.

philc43, Jul 4, 2016
  5. zakgio23 Win User
    I am using a Samsung system it doesn't have manual controls on the sub that is why software is my only choice here, i am not running any additional sound software other than whats on windows 10.

zakgio23, Jul 4, 2016
  6. AndreTen Win User
    This is usually part of the sound chip software. Below is the picture of my soundcard software: Realtek.
    First select speaker configuration that you have (5.1), then select appropriate options.

After that you can set frequencies in equalizer. You have to provide more info.

AndreTen, Jul 4, 2016
  7. zakgio23 Win User
    My realtek settings do not show that i have 5.1 ? most of the options are missing on mine?

zakgio23, Jul 4, 2016
  8. AndreTen Win User

How to Reduce Bass

Did you run Realtek settings or just Windows sound mixer? And how do you connect to speakers (optical, coax...)?

AndreTen, Jul 4, 2016
  9. AndreTen Win User
    OK, I have to make another post or it will look like mess.

You stated, that you have Samsung system. If this is audio-visual system, you have to make correct connection (5.1) to take control over advance sound settings.

If non will work, you can use software equalizer (part of Realtek software) to adjust lower frequencies.

Edit. you can download realtek software (drivers) here. Or at your motherboard manufacturer site.

AndreTen, Jul 4, 2016
  10. zakgio23 Win User
    My speakers are connected via RCA, but i was told 5.1 doesnt work over RCA, but sound comes out of all speakers? and i was using Realtek

zakgio23, Jul 4, 2016
  11. AndreTen Win User
    5.1 doesn't work, that means that all speakers get same signal (only stereo). Use equalizer and lower signals of 125 Hz and below for start.

AndreTen, Jul 4, 2016
  12. zakgio23 Win User
    how do i get to the equalizer

zakgio23, Jul 4, 2016
  13. AndreTen Win User

How to Reduce Bass

Install Realtek drivers. Link is in my post above. Better, go to your motherboard manufacturer site and download drivers from there. Can't help you with that, since you didn't fill in the specs of your computer in profile.

After you install Realtek drivers, you will have all the options like I have (in pictures posted before).

AndreTen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to Reduce Bass

1. How to Reduce Bass - Similar Threads - Reduce Bass

2. Why is my hard drive's capacity reduced after Microsoft Backup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my hard drive's capacity reduced after Microsoft Backup?: Greetings and well wishes Microsoft assistants.I ran Recovery Drive, and used a 128 GB hard drive to create the backup.After the backup was completed, the drive capacity was reading 69 GB on a FAT32 system.Did the format ruin my drive, and can my drive be restore to its...
  3. Why is my hard drive's capacity reduced after Microsoft Backup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my hard drive's capacity reduced after Microsoft Backup?: Greetings and well wishes Microsoft assistants.I ran Recovery Drive, and used a 128 GB hard drive to create the backup.After the backup was completed, the drive capacity was reading 69 GB on a FAT32 system.Did the format ruin my drive, and can my drive be restore to its...
  4. Why is my hard drive's capacity reduced after Microsoft Backup?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. In Windows 11, how can I reduce Explorer's columns to less than 170 pixels?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Windows 11, how can I reduce Explorer's columns to less than 170 pixels?: I have Windows 11 v. 10.0.22361 Family, French-language. Hopefully my column names are correctly translated.On my Surface Pro X, more often than not I can't reduce de size of any column in Explorer, save the File Name. Any adjustments I try to make to best guess for names:...
  6. In Windows 11, how can I reduce Explorer's columns to less than 170 pixels?

In Windows 11, how can I reduce Explorer's columns to less than 170 pixels?: I have Windows 11 v. 10.0.22361 Family, French-language. Hopefully my column names are correctly translated.On my Surface Pro X, more often than not I can't reduce de size of any column in Explorer, save the File Name. Any adjustments I try to make to best guess for names:...
  7. How to reduce animation time when in vertical tab mode ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reduce animation time when in vertical tab mode ?: Animation in vertical tab mode is very slow. I want to reduce the time it takes for vertical tabs to appear on hover. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reduce-animation-time-when-in-vertical-tab/25ebe82c-8c0a-4f8c-a4b6-2b21dd13a06e
  8. How to reduce animation time when in vertical tab mode ?

How to reduce animation time when in vertical tab mode ?: Animation in vertical tab mode is very slow. I want to reduce the time it takes for vertical tabs to appear on hover. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reduce-animation-time-when-in-vertical-tab/25ebe82c-8c0a-4f8c-a4b6-2b21dd13a06e
  9. Cannot reduce taskbar size in W11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot reduce taskbar size in W11: The taskbar is humongous, takes precious space on the desktop. Clock and date are shown in two rows, not in one as I used to have it. I tried to change it using the regedit as suggested on one of the other sites: I went to...
  10. Reduce bass in VLC sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reduce bass in VLC sound: How do I reduce bass in vlc sound? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/reduce-bass-in-vlc-sound/95c0876e-306a-4c2b-936c-2bd5b5482ae9