Windows 10: How to reduce the startup delay (default is 30 secs)

Discus and support How to reduce the startup delay (default is 30 secs) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been told that Windows sets an overall delay of 30 secs (default) before the startup routine even begins. (I am not talking here of the way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Stevekir, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Stevekir Win User

How to reduce the startup delay (default is 30 secs)

I have been told that Windows sets an overall delay of 30 secs (default) before the startup routine even begins. (I am not talking here of the way to disable or delay the startup of individual startup items.) This overall delay is mainly designed (I am told) to allow users time to press the F key which brings up the boot order window and therefore allowing the user to change the boot order. Forgetting the boot order point, by setting this from 30 secs. to a lower value, the machine starts the startup process almost immediately (depending on the new setting) instead of waiting for 30 secs., therefore speeding up the startup.

>> How can I get to this setting please?
    >> If it involves the name of a routine etc., please tell me where to enter that name.
    >> If it involves one of the sub-panels of Control Panel, please give me the name of that sub-panel (my machine is suffering from the post-Anniversary bug which prevents reaching such a sub-panel via the Search Bar).
    >> What would be the lowest setting (in secs.)

Thanks for any help.

:)

Stevekir, Aug 4, 2016

2. google earth on the n900

@ elie7,

about your overclocking statement. i've written a guide on how to make overclocked profiles and control them from the desktop you you can reduce your 30 sec to 1 sec :-D

MatthewMaude, Aug 4, 2016
  3. Windows 10 build 1607 VERY slow startup

Hello everyone. How do I reduce the time of the startup? It was approximatley 30 sec. before the 1607 build and now it is 3 minutes!

I would really appreciate a solution from a Microsoft employee, because this update is a mess (I have already spent 3 days trying to solve this so please don't post some generic solution).

Thank you

CristianL., Aug 4, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

I believe you are confusing the boot menu timeout default of 30 seconds with whatever you think you are posting about. The boot menu timeout only gets used if you are actually using the boot menu to select different installed operating systems. You can find it by opening a run dialog (win key + R) and running msconfig then select the boot tab.

With all the default settings in Windows - including the 30 second boot menu delay timeout - my i7 laptop goes from Asus manufacturer splash screen to Windows login screen in 3-4 seconds. The boot menu timeout delay does not affect my laptop because it has only one operating installed.

NavyLCDR, Aug 4, 2016
  5. Stevekir Win User
    Mine (i5) goes from splash screen to desktop in about 40 secs (being a sole user and the administrator, I don't have to log in). It is that 40 secs that I would like to reduce. Can I, and if so how please. Thanks.

Stevekir, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to reduce the startup delay (default is 30 secs) - Similar Threads - reduce startup delay

2. "Pictures" folder on external HDD displays content with huge 20-30 sec delay.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Pictures" folder on external HDD displays content with huge 20-30 sec delay.: Hi, fellows.Short:Subj. How to make it open quick? Long:"Pictures" folder on external HDD displays content with huge delay. Was moved from default location with embedded button Properties -> Location -> Move.... Each time I open the folder it takes 20-30 seconds to display...
  3. "Pictures" folder on external HDD displays content with huge 20-30 sec delay.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Pictures" folder on external HDD displays content with huge 20-30 sec delay.: Hi, fellows.Short:Subj. How to make it open quick? Long:"Pictures" folder on external HDD displays content with huge delay. Was moved from default location with embedded button Properties -> Location -> Move.... Each time I open the folder it takes 20-30 seconds to display...
  4. Applications freeze for ~30 sec shortly after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications freeze for ~30 sec shortly after startup: Hello,Ive been having an issue with windows 11 now where every time my computer turns on from sleep or hibernate Basically whenever I have to sign in again, I can use my open applications which is mainly chrome for maybe 1-2 minutes, and then they freeze for about 30 seconds....
  5. Applications freeze for ~30 sec shortly after startup

Applications freeze for ~30 sec shortly after startup: Hello,Ive been having an issue with windows 11 now where every time my computer turns on from sleep or hibernate Basically whenever I have to sign in again, I can use my open applications which is mainly chrome for maybe 1-2 minutes, and then they freeze for about 30 seconds....
  6. Set a Reduced Size of Window program as default and startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set a Reduced Size of Window program as default and startup: Hello, good day, can I set default the reduced size of a program? Is there a setting? so whenever I open it, will always be the restored sized program For specification : the "restore down button- returns the window to its previous size "...
  7. Set a Reduced Size of Window program as default and startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set a Reduced Size of Window program as default and startup: Hello, good day, can I set default the reduced size of a program? Is there a setting? so whenever I open it, will always be the restored sized program For specification : the "restore down button- returns the window to its previous size "...
  8. Set a Reduced Size of Window program as default and startup

9. How to reduce the speed of keyboard (not repeat delay)?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to reduce the speed of keyboard (not repeat delay)?: I am looking for a way to reduce the speed of the keyboard. In other words, the goal is intentionally reduce my typing speed. I am naturally a fast typist but due to some medical reasons I need a way slow myself down. It is almost impossible to do consciously (as I will fall...
  10. How to reduce blue tooth delay?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to reduce blue tooth delay?: Long irrelevant intro about my personal life My bluetooth earbuds seem to have delay. When people talk during video calls or videos there's a noticeable delay between the audio and their lips. Are there any ways to reduce this? submitted by /u/RexDoloris [link]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reduce start up delsy

2. reduce startup seconds

3. Delay For HDD (Secs)