Windows 10: How to reduce the volume of Win messages?

Discus and support How to reduce the volume of Win messages? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How can one reduce the volume (without effecting the volume of other sounds) of the sound playing when messages occur like this one [img] at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bingus, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Bingus Win User

How to reduce the volume of Win messages?

How can one reduce the volume (without effecting the volume of other sounds) of the sound playing when messages occur like this one

How to reduce the volume of Win messages? [​IMG]

at the bottom right side?

Using the sound mixer (or whatever it is called) does not work, the "Systemsounds" slider (set to "0") does not effect the volume of that messages:

:)

Bingus, Feb 24, 2016

2. how to reduce the increasing volume of system files storage ?

Hi SoLEiL360,

It's OK that system files are containing the OS so they must be hidden. But the volume of System is quite big (about 3/4 from phone storage - about 2,2+ GB with required minimum installed apps), so even using an enough large SD card /D:/ for all customer
    staff - the remaining free phone storage /C:/ is urgently small (about 1 GB and less).

After short using of any application (even from SD card) - it generates cache files not only in it's own data, but also somewhere in System storage (about 30 - 50 MB). Also some network apps increase the "email+messages" section in phone storage (about
    20 - 30 MB and even more) !

For example Lumia-Denim update requires 1,5 GB free phone memory - so I definitely think that developers of Microsoft Windows Phone must find solutions of costumer controlled "System" storage - ONLY in the part of applications Cache, as well
    as in some other phone hidden memory !!!

The developers of Microsoft Windows Phone have very bad policy in auto-hiding and auto-storing of large volume of generated garbage from everyday usage of their operation system. Very small number of application engineers successfully find some decisions
    against that stupid policy - decisions of pure cleaning by enforcing the WP 8.1 to use it's own mechanism of wiping all unused temp, junk and unnecessary cache files !!!

Velio Manev, Feb 24, 2016
  3. SoLEiL360 Win User
    how to reduce the increasing volume of system files storage ?

Hi, vmanev. The system files make the phone works. There's no application that can access it. We recommend using an SD card to expand the
    storage of your phone.

SoLEiL360, Feb 24, 2016
  4. lmaneke Win User

Hmm really? I shut off the system sounds, as shown there, and all of my pop ups don't have sound, even User Account Control sound doesn't even sound.

In the "Sound" app in control panel, system sounds will only affect the volume of "those sounds". If you have a separate program that uses the Action Center pop-ups, then Windows may not control the sounds for that particular program, unless there were sounds added there for that particular program.

I remember when I had an older version of avast antivirus, and it always told me when virus definitions updated. Lowering the system volume didn't help, so I had to manually shut the notifications off within the program. That was with Windows Vista and Windows 7.

Not sure if that is what you are asking

lmaneke, Feb 25, 2016
  5. Bingus Win User
    Many thanks, lmaneke.

Suddenly - at the moment - it (almost) works like that. But before it didn't. When I now shut off the system sounds there are (may be almost) no sounds anymore. There are different programs (when running) sometimes shown in the Sound Mixer sometimes they are not (and there are 3party programs always shown there and which are controlable by the Sound Mixer). When they are shown and I pull the slider the sound keeps staying the same, so pulling the slider does not have any effect of that particular program or. And, the same system sound generally triggered by most or all of the programs sounds louder when a special program causes it than the same system sound caused by other programs. So, I now have set the system sounds to a volume I want, but there a some programs being not effect by that, so they cause too loud system sounds (the same sound the other programs causes, but too loud).

Unfortunately these programs which sometimes are shown in the Sound Mixer do not have an option to play or not to play sounds, else it would be easy to handle.

Many thanks again

Bingus, Feb 25, 2016
  6. caperjack Win User
    in control panel there is sound settings with options to turn of some windows apps sounds,but I don't see one for the weather app ,unless your a close weather watcher you could maybe right click on the app and turn live tile off.

caperjack, Feb 25, 2016
  7. Bingus Win User
    Thank you for the screenshot.

The weather program is a 3rd party program, not on of Win. I assume, there is no other program in that sound tab than the ones of Win. All of the sounds in that sound tab have the volume I want / assigned (when clicking the "Test" button).

I just want to have the temperature of outside in the tray, but there is option to shut off the sounds of the program and it is not only the weather program, there are also other programs causing sounds. It is one of the standard Win sounds or more but too loud.

Bingus, Feb 25, 2016
  8. Bingus Win User

Thank you for the screenshot.

The weather program is a 3rd party program, not on of Win. I assume, there is no other program in that sound tab than the ones of Win. All of the sounds in that sound tab have the volume I want / assigned (when clicking the "Test" button).

I just want to have the temperature of outside in the tray, but there is option to shut off the sounds of the program and it is not only the weather program, there are also other programs causing sounds. It is one of the standard Win sounds or more but too loud.

And when I plug in an external drive a few standard messages like "choose action what to do with the drive" or similar like this occur

with these standard Win sounds being much too loud.

Actually I could live with some sounds being too loud but in the night I do not want to wake up all the time

Bingus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to reduce the volume of Win messages? - Similar Threads - reduce volume messages

2. My space key reduce volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    My space key reduce volume: I am gamer and in game i have to use space bar but when ever i press the space key it reduce volume , and there is an important role of the shift key which is also working abnormally since today morning ,Please help me becoz of this issue i can't play the game smoothly as i...
  3. My space key reduce volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My space key reduce volume: I am gamer and in game i have to use space bar but when ever i press the space key it reduce volume , and there is an important role of the shift key which is also working abnormally since today morning ,Please help me becoz of this issue i can't play the game smoothly as i...
  4. My space key reduce volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Volume reducing at night

Volume reducing at night: Hi All, I've an issue where my laptop reduces the max volume - it only seems to occur at night time, but to confuse things I've tried changing the time zone and rebooting so it was day time on the clock, but the issue persists. If I play a song and move the slider all...
  6. Windows keeps reducing my microphone volume

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows keeps reducing my microphone volume: Recently my friends have told me that my mic was really quiet, but my gain was turned all the way up. I checked in the Windows settings, and I saw that the volume was turned down to 30. I readjusted it, but when my microphone picks up any form of sound, it automatically...
  7. Increase Volumed W Reduced Sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Increase Volumed W Reduced Sound: Hi y'all I am wondering how I can increase the volume of my headphones without having too much sound come out of it to the public. submitted by /u/TrapBae2000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g2d3ww/increase_volumed_w_reduced_sound/
  8. Volume reduced after failed call

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume reduced after failed call: Hi, I have a Bluetooth headset attached to a Creative Labs USB Dongle. My headset is also connected to my iPhone via Bluetooth it supports two connections A call came into my iPhone and by mistake, I clicked the headset as the audio source. I didn't want this so I...
  9. How do I reduce the volume Windows thinks is 100%

How do I reduce the volume Windows thinks is 100%: Hi, I've recently upgraded my sound system and I'm having issues with the volume being far too loud. My previous audio setup was using the auxiliary port on an old stereo that gave me another level of volume control. I only ever had it at 30% on the stereo and 12% through...
  10. Skype reduces windows volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Skype reduces windows volume: Not sure if this is skype or windows. Out of the box, Windows is set to reduce volume on a call by 80%. Normally, I go in and change it to "do nothing" through the sound control panel, and it's fine. Now when I'm on a call, Skype reduces my volume, and windows still has "do...