How to reduce thr size of windows 10 on my c drive

Discus and support How to reduce thr size of windows 10 on my c drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have a tablet/pc which has limited C drive capacity. It has an eMMC 32 on board memory. All my programs and apps are install on the 240 SSD drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dave1954, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Dave1954 Win User

Hi,
    I have a tablet/pc which has limited C drive capacity. It has an eMMC 32 on board memory. All my programs and apps are install on the 240 SSD drive D. When I open settings / system / storage I get the following information. C: system size 15.6GB (I am running windows 10 and office 365) Apps and games 7.49GB. I have installed all programs and where possible Apps on D drive. When I access the Apps and Games storage and add all the storage reflected I get about 900 MB of storage used. I can not find the 7.9 GB as reflected.

I have used windows disk cleanup and system cleanup and the size does not get any smaller.

If there is no easy solution is there any software that I can download that can solve my problem.

:)

Dave1954, Jul 23, 2018
  2. lacrumb Win User

Window 10: C drive disk size reduces automatically.

My suggestion would be to reduce the size of the new volume and move the unallocated space next to the (CHow to reduce thr size of windows 10 on my c drive :) and extend (CHow to reduce thr size of windows 10 on my c drive :) into the

that area.

You might want to do a Disk Cleanup first including cleaning the system files.

The Disk Cleanup app is included in all apps under Windows Administrative.

lacrumb, Jul 23, 2018
  3. Gerry C J Cornell Win User
    Extend C drive Size

Your Image does not show a D partition. It does show an F partition which if reduced in size would enable you to increase the size of the C partition.

These are the steps needed to enable you to increase the size of your C partition:

• Reduce F by 20 gb placing the unallocated space before F.

• Increase the Recovery partition by 20 gb taking up unallocated space created by Step 1.

• Reduce the Recovery partition by 20 gb placing the unallocated space before the Recovery partition.

• Increase the C partition by 20 gb to take in the unallocated space before the Recovery partition.

You can use Easeus Partition Manager (freeware) to carry out these tasks. The files in each partition are automatically moved when you carry out each step detailed above.

Free partition manager software to resize partitions - EaseUS Partition Master Free

How to extend system partition when there is no unallocated space next to it?

Detailed solutions to manage disk space and partition size with EaseUS Partition Master

Gerry C J Cornell, Jul 23, 2018
  4. ApurvaJariwala Win User

Free space in C drive keeps reducing

I have been using Win 10 Pro on my laptop for a while now. And I have noticed that the free space in my C drive keeps reducing on its own.

I tried adding the total size of all the folders (including hidden folders) in my C drive (eg Windows, Program files, Users, etc.) and it comes to around 51GB. The total size of my C drive is 96.8 GB and on "This PC" it shows free space of just 15.4 GB.
    A few days back it was 19.4 GB.

Whats wrong with my C drive? Whats eating up all the free space?

ApurvaJariwala, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

1. How to reduce thr size of windows 10 on my c drive - Similar Threads - reduce thr size

2. Windows Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Edge: Since last update i am no longer able to use windows edge or its associated programs. Have tried restart, and update did not work. Any suggestions before I return to an earlier version where it works?...
  3. Cannot remove old Microsoft account from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot remove old Microsoft account from Windows 10: I switched the Microsoft account that I use for my Office 365 applications and I cannot get Windows 10 to stop asking me to "fix a problem with the old account" that I am no longer using and would like to remove. When I go to Settings > Accounts the old account is listed...
  4. Windows Cannot Find

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Cannot Find: When I download an exe file, like iTunes for example, and click on "Open" I always get this message: "Windows cannot find C:\users\*myPCname*\Desktop\iTunesSetup.exe". I can't open about 40% of the stuff on my PC due to this issue....
  5. how do i update windows 10 home to windows 10 pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i update windows 10 home to windows 10 pro?: How do I update Windows 10 home to Windows 10 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/how-do-i-update-windows-10-home-to-windows-10-pro/144936ff-5732-4138-a371-cf571cf466f8
  6. Windows 10 keep crashing...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 keep crashing...: My win 10 keeps crashing every 35 mins - 2 hours since i updated it 2-3 days ago... The crash isnt common it shows me some white screen with little black lines... And i need to reset my pc to continiue what i was working on......
  7. Windows 10 Home SL and EM comparison

Windows 10 Home SL and EM comparison: Can anyone help in clarifying the main differences between Windows 10 Home SL and EM versions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-home-sl-and-em-comparison/38b6478c-485c-4472-9ad3-91a448463b27
  8. External dvd drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External dvd drive: I'm trying to connect a cocopa external dvd reader with no success. Any ideas why it's not connecting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/external-dvd-drive/89b08ee8-6e6d-4287-a820-3526daeb1b49
  9. I have error (Log file:C\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt)

I have error (Log file:C\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt): I have this error ... Log file:C\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt ... but i have windows 10 Home preinstall on my Yoga 920 .I can not instaled windows.First time I want upgrade windows 10 pro and after i have this error.Please help me .[ATTACH]...
  10. internal cd drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    internal cd drive: I'm on windows 10 and my CD/DVD rom drive will not play any discs, spins but system does not reconise it,driver shows up to date can anybody help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/internal-cd-drive/41442251-6064-40dd-b458-0137c7c92c53