Windows 10: How to reduce thr size of windows 10 on my c drive

Discus and support How to reduce thr size of windows 10 on my c drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have a tablet/pc which has limited C drive capacity. It has an eMMC 32 on board memory. All my programs and apps are install on the 240 SSD drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dave1954, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Dave1954 Win User

How to reduce thr size of windows 10 on my c drive

Hi,
    I have a tablet/pc which has limited C drive capacity. It has an eMMC 32 on board memory. All my programs and apps are install on the 240 SSD drive D. When I open settings / system / storage I get the following information. C: system size 15.6GB (I am running windows 10 and office 365) Apps and games 7.49GB. I have installed all programs and where possible Apps on D drive. When I access the Apps and Games storage and add all the storage reflected I get about 900 MB of storage used. I can not find the 7.9 GB as reflected.

I have used windows disk cleanup and system cleanup and the size does not get any smaller.

If there is no easy solution is there any software that I can download that can solve my problem.

:)

Dave1954, Jul 23, 2018
  2. lacrumb Win User

Window 10: C drive disk size reduces automatically.

My suggestion would be to reduce the size of the new volume and move the unallocated space next to the (CHow to reduce thr size of windows 10 on my c drive :) and extend (CHow to reduce thr size of windows 10 on my c drive :) into the

that area.

You might want to do a Disk Cleanup first including cleaning the system files.

The Disk Cleanup app is included in all apps under Windows Administrative.

lacrumb, Jul 23, 2018
  3. Extend C drive Size

Your Image does not show a D partition. It does show an F partition which if reduced in size would enable you to increase the size of the C partition.

These are the steps needed to enable you to increase the size of your C partition:

• Reduce F by 20 gb placing the unallocated space before F.

• Increase the Recovery partition by 20 gb taking up unallocated space created by Step 1.

• Reduce the Recovery partition by 20 gb placing the unallocated space before the Recovery partition.

• Increase the C partition by 20 gb to take in the unallocated space before the Recovery partition.

You can use Easeus Partition Manager (freeware) to carry out these tasks. The files in each partition are automatically moved when you carry out each step detailed above.

Free partition manager software to resize partitions - EaseUS Partition Master Free

How to extend system partition when there is no unallocated space next to it?

Detailed solutions to manage disk space and partition size with EaseUS Partition Master

Gerry C J Cornell, Jul 23, 2018
  4. How to reduce thr size of windows 10 on my c drive

Free space in C drive keeps reducing

I have been using Win 10 Pro on my laptop for a while now. And I have noticed that the free space in my C drive keeps reducing on its own.

I tried adding the total size of all the folders (including hidden folders) in my C drive (eg Windows, Program files, Users, etc.) and it comes to around 51GB. The total size of my C drive is 96.8 GB and on "This PC" it shows free space of just 15.4 GB.
    A few days back it was 19.4 GB.

Whats wrong with my C drive? Whats eating up all the free space?

ApurvaJariwala, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

How to reduce thr size of windows 10 on my c drive

1. How to reduce thr size of windows 10 on my c drive - Similar Threads - reduce thr size

2. Size of the C: drive affecting Windows installation.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Size of the C: drive affecting Windows installation.: After asking about forcing the version 1809 installation, I got many responses. One person gave me a link to the Windows 10 update page and when I went there I found that version 1809 is now released. I once again tried to install it on my desktop computer, but once again...
  3. Reduce the size of the WinSxS folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reduce the size of the WinSxS folder: Good morning, In Windows 10 Home in partition C in the Windows folder there is a folder named WinSxS where it has many files. Please be nice to tell me how I could reduce the space (size) of this folder. Wait for response! A good day!...
  4. How do I reduce screen size on my desktop computer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I reduce screen size on my desktop computer?: I read some threads that suggest to get out of the tablet mode. I have an OLD computer (but Microsoft upgraded the system to Windows 10). I do NOT have a touch screen. Where can I get the menu to get out of the tablet mode. Many thanks. BE...
  5. How to reduce the size of windows 10 on my c drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to reduce the size of windows 10 on my c drive: Hi, I have a tablet/pc which has limited C drive capacity. It has an eMMC 32 on board memory. All my programs and apps are install on the 240 SSD drive D. When I open settings / system / storage I get the following information. C: system size 15.6GB (I am running windows 10...
  6. reduce picture size on background

in Windows 10 Customization
    reduce picture size on background: how do i reduce the size of the background picture 57973
  7. Reduce photo size in emails

in Browsers and Email
    Reduce photo size in emails: In Windows 10, how can I reduce the size of photos I want to attach to my emails so that the entire photo either fits or is smaller than the screen size? 49719
  8. How To Reduce Size of Photo?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Reduce Size of Photo?: Hi all, I just want to know I can reduce the width of a photo I've taken so that both the left and right side of the photo are subtracted equally. How can I best do this using Windows Paint? Thank you! 89479
  9. Unable to reduce size of app window

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to reduce size of app window: I am using Internet explorer 11 with Windows 10 pro 64 bit. I am referring to the controls in the upper right corner of the webpage window (the minus sign, the overlapping squares and the "X" symbols). The minus sign and the X do what they are supposed to do. The...
  10. Reduce Windows size in HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reduce Windows size in HDD: Hi , sorry for my poor English. Windows is tkaing around 20GB on my PC, and my HDD is only 32GB has 8GB free. What and how can I reduce its size to a minimum size? 49902