Windows 10: How to reinstall a dual boot cloned image

Discus and support How to reinstall a dual boot cloned image in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am new here, I was wondering if you can please help me with this issue. I have basic skills. Recently I created a dual boot system with win 7 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rwy12, May 19, 2016.

1. Rwy12 Win User

How to reinstall a dual boot cloned image

I am new here,
    I was wondering if you can please help me with this issue.
    I have basic skills.
    Recently I created a dual boot system with win 7 and 10, on separate hard drives. Vertex 3 and Samsung 850.
    I have created clones of each drive using acronis on separate hard drives, thinking if any problems I can re-clone the appropriate hard drive.
    Yesterday I had a problem with win 10 and used the cloned image. Sadly, on boot up i get the blue screen saying press F8, F9 etc.
    My question is how can I reload the win 10 cloned image and get standard options of either win 10 or win 7 at start up-like before.
    I did not make a boot up disc-thinking there is no need.
    I would be grateful if you point me towards a tutorial to resolve this please.
    Many thanks-looking forward to some help.

Qas

:)

Rwy12, May 19, 2016
  2. JackosCAD Win User

How to Clone 'dual boot' Win7/Win10 HDD to new SSD

I have genuine Windows 7 (x64) system with CAD software and another dual boot Windows 10 (x32) with Office 365 apps. The Win7 drive is frustratingly slow so I want to clone to a SSD. I'm worried about the dual boot? Is there software out there that will
    competently clone dual booting activated systems without a glitch? Currently I default to Win7 with the windows boot manager, and option into Windows 10 when needed. Any help or advice appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. please don't judge me. I would prefer just Win10 (x64) but this is how my legal licenses fell... lol. My CAD software doesn't work correctly under Windows 10, so I really need to keep it working and productive on Win7 (x64).

JackosCAD, May 19, 2016
  3. Dual boot Windows 10 and Windows 7 by cloning Windows 7 to new HDD

Old title: Dual boot Win 10 and Win 7

Have Win 10 on SSD C:\ and a failing HDD with Win 7 and some programs I don't want to lose. I have a new HDD to use to create a dual boot. Media for Win 7 is no longer available. How do I clone the failing disk into a bootable partition on the new HDD?

DavidSchott263, May 19, 2016
  4. spapakons Win User

Looks like your boot manager was on the Windows 10 disk and now you cannot boot your computer. You have to use a bootable CD or USB with the Acronis utility so you can use it to restore the image of Windows 10 to the disk. If there is no image and you have a bootable Windows 10 clone, then make sure you set the Boot priority so the Windows 10 hard disk is before the Windows 7 hard disk on the list. In worst case, assuming your Windows 10 clone is OK you may need to boot from Windows 10 DVD or USB and repair startup.

spapakons, May 19, 2016
  5. Rwy12 Win User
    Hi thank you for the reply.
    I am confused-
    in boot order both win 7 and 10 will boot up individually when i select the appropriate boot drive,
    I loaded win 7 1st and than win 10-I think win 7 was the boot up drive.
    Can you please help with step by step guide on what to do-i have acronis boot cd-but don't know to use it for dual boot up system.
    I think I am not under standing a small point.
    tu

Qas

Rwy12, May 19, 2016
  6. Rwy12 Win User
    Hi
    would it be possible to edit either win 7 or win 0 to show the boot up options-as both OP systems boot up individually.I just to create the options at start up.

Rwy12, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to reinstall a dual boot cloned image - Similar Threads - reinstall dual boot

2. cloned image wont boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cloned image wont boot: Hi,so a lot of 'mea culpa's' here - i know I have done a few things wrong and really should have created a boot disk/recovery disk..... but i didn't.i used macrium reflect to create an image of my hard drive - then restored this image to a new drive .however i messed up and...
  3. cloned image wont boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cloned image wont boot: Hi,so a lot of 'mea culpa's' here - i know I have done a few things wrong and really should have created a boot disk/recovery disk..... but i didn't.i used macrium reflect to create an image of my hard drive - then restored this image to a new drive .however i messed up and...
  4. cloned image wont boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Dual boot with cloning issue

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Dual boot with cloning issue: I want to take the working 120gig kingston with Win 7 and clone it to a completely new drive 240gig drive (NOTE : the drive already has a working copy of Win 10 on it that can be erased) : Looking to figure out how to i) FORMAT the 240gig drive for this procedure ii) what...
  6. How to Clone Dual-Boot HDD to SDD Using Macrium Reflect?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to Clone Dual-Boot HDD to SDD Using Macrium Reflect?: Hello, I want to clone a 500GB internal HDD with three partitions to a 2TB SDD using Macrium Reflect. Windows 10 boot view: Vista (D:) Active, Data (E:) Primary, Windows 10 (C:) Primary. I created a Macrium Rescue Disk from within Windows 10. When booting into WinPE using...
  7. Cloning and setting up a dual boot system

Cloning and setting up a dual boot system: I seek advice about the possibility of setting up a dual boot system on my existing Windows 10 64 bit pc. I have an old redundant PC which I built in 2009. Windows 7 Professional 32bit OS installed. I no longer possess the installation disc and am therefore considering...
  8. Cloning and setting up a dual boot system

in Windows 10 Support
    Cloning and setting up a dual boot system: I seek advice about the possibility of setting up a dual boot system on my existing Windows 10 64 bit pc. I have an old redundant PC built in 2009 that has Windows 7 Professional 32bit OS installed. I no longer possess the installation disc and am therefore considering...
  9. cloning / imaging

in Windows 10 Support
    cloning / imaging: Can I clone/ image win 10 to a thumb drive? 77647
  10. Dual booting and system imaging

Dual booting and system imaging: Hey. So i currently have Windows 10 pro on my wd blue nvme 256gb and i have 500gb ssd for storing my games. I will get a another 500gb ssd for other media like videos and photos. I would like to get into video editing and that leads me to "how to do this". I want to dual...