Windows 10: How to reinstall Store.

Discus and support How to reinstall Store. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Well, it is a continuing issue. Over last two updates, I faced some issues with the metro apps. After the updates, some apps fail to work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Arc, Jul 14, 2015.

1. ARC
    Arc Win User

How to reinstall Store.

Well, it is a continuing issue. Over last two updates, I faced some issues with the metro apps. After the updates, some apps fail to work.

Previously, when I installed the 10159 upgrade, some apps did not respond for the first time. I got the great help from Kari to fix it. The process that I followed was to uninstall the probleming apps using PowerShell and then install them back from store.

Now, with the 10166 upgrade, the store itself was the problem, alongwith two other apps. So I uninstalled store itself too (using powershell) .... and I think that I have done something very wrong. *Redface No way I am seeing to get those apps back in this situation.

Is there any way to get store back without performing a clean reinstall? Please guide me if there is a way.

Thanks a great lot in advance. *Smile

:)

2. qwerty223 Win User

How to reinstall ovi store?

Hi

basically, my Ovi store app crash for no reason. it cannnot be uninstall, and i can't initial the install process throu the setup wizard for the same reason.

Anyone has an idea to solve this problem? Hard reset it the last thing i want to do

qwerty223, Jul 14, 2015
  3. How to reinstall ovi store?

Try going to Ovi store through the web browser and logging in, then when requested to 'shop smart' download the app, it may overwrite. Assuming you cant remove the app from phone either in the applications folder using the 'organise' function to delete,
    or by removing from the Installed Applications folder in settings ! )

carman58---01, Jul 14, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

How to reinstall Store.

Arc, try this. Create a restore point first!

Elevated PowerShell, you need first unrestricted script execution rights, command is:
    Code: Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted[/quote] Then re-register the Store:
    Code: Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.XML[/quote] Close the PowerShell, the store should work now. If it will not start, give this command in Command Prompt (not PowerShell!):
    Code: start "" "ms-windows-store:"[/quote] Come back to tell if we need to try something else or if this worked.

5. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Code: Windows PowerShell Copyright (C) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Execution Policy Change The execution policy helps protect you from scripts that you do not trust. Changing the execution policy might expose you to the security risks described in the about_Execution_Policies help topic at about_Execution_Policies. Do you want to change the execution policy? [Y] Yes [A] Yes to All [N] No [L] No to All Suspend [?] Help (default is "N"): A PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.XML Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\WINDOWS\WinStore\AppxManifest.XML' because it does not exist. At line:1 char:1 + Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\Win ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (C:\WINDOWS\WinStore\AppxManifest.XML:String) [Add-AppxPackage], ItemNot FoundException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>[/quote] I got some error, Kari. *Sad What I am doing wrong there?

6. Kari Win User
    Looks as if the Store really is completely gone. If you search for Store with Cortana / Search, is it shown?

How to reinstall Store. [​IMG]

7. ARC
    Arc Win User
    No. *Sad It is gone, totally.

8. Kari Win User

How to reinstall Store.

Arc, if SFC /SCANNOW can't fix it then I would either use system restore, restore an image or refresh Windows.

9. ARC
    Arc Win User
    SFC did not find any issue.

I am going to take the other options now. System restore first, and then (if it also dont work) refresh windows.

10. ARC
    Arc Win User
    I ended up with a reset, and now things are nicely responding.

The only thing is ... I have to reinstall the programs.

Thank you so much, Kari!! *Thumbs

11. I got similar problem. There is no folder "Winstore" on my c drive. When i open Win Store immediately it force close. Same XBOX, Grove, TV (i did not check all modern program) They were working on my first win10 build, but after some updates its not. Im on nevest build 10240. Reset system its not option to me, beacause i got many of programs that i dont want reinstall and configure. I tried sfc / dism. Even i tried "update" via iso file but it shows that i cant update.

realpinkman, Jul 15, 2015
  12. RedSnt Win User
    It says 'solved' but is "format c:" really a solution or rather a bandaid? Just like realpinkman I'd prefer not having to reinstall windows.
    And like realpinkman I don't have a winstore on my c drive which results in the:
    .. error message from powershell.

SFC /SCANNOW does absolutely nothing.

I'm suspecting that doing an upgrade from Windows 7 (perhaps 8 as well but it had apps, right?) results in not having the winstore folder making it hard to reinstall the windows store.

It's frustrating because all I really want is to play freaking Solitaire which is now an app!

EDIT: Been looking around the web regarding windows store problems for windows 8 and lo and behold, they had the same problem upgrading from win7 to win8. Avira is also mentioned in one post and I do have Avira installed as I upgraded from Win7 to win8. Anyone else that has Avira antivirus? Just trying to narrow it down.

RedSnt, Jul 16, 2015
  13. How to reinstall Store.

I do not have antyvirus. I;ve upgraded from win8.1 and in first build i got windows store, and all aps were working. They broke after some update. Iv copied windows store folder from my notebook but it not helped me

realpinkman, Jul 16, 2015
  14. Cliff S New Member
    @Arch @Kari @Brink I was having problems today with the Store(after a clean install) and tried everything to fix it, including uninstalling(planned to reinstall). Ha Ha on me!" How to fix the store is unimportant, what is, is how I finally got it back after trying different things & commands, all of which didn't work. Instead of going the extreme like Arc., I popped in my ISO USB and did an In-Place Upgrade and got it back(plus all the unwanted apps too*Sad). I was able to keep everything and just had to turn location back on and run Windows Update*Smile.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

I hope this information helps if it happens again or anyone else that searches the forums.

Cliff S, Aug 14, 2015
  15. Cliff S New Member
    Incidentally I just found the problem with store: After the clean install(and In-Place Upgrade being all settings were saved) my clock was set to the wrong time zone*Doh

Cliff S, Aug 14, 2015
Thema:

How to reinstall Store.

1. How to reinstall Store. - Similar Threads - reinstall Store

2. Cannot open or reinstall apps like Photos or Store on Windows 11, considering repair...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open or reinstall apps like Photos or Store on Windows 11, considering repair...: I have attempted reinstallation of these apps on powershell as admin and got no results. Only thing i haven't tried that I have come across is a repair install. I am questioning if I should do this and if it would mess anything up. Additionally, I am wondering if I should...
  3. Cannot open or reinstall apps like Photos or Store on Windows 11, considering repair...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot open or reinstall apps like Photos or Store on Windows 11, considering repair...: I have attempted reinstallation of these apps on powershell as admin and got no results. Only thing i haven't tried that I have come across is a repair install. I am questioning if I should do this and if it would mess anything up. Additionally, I am wondering if I should...
  4. i deleted a game off the microsoft store and reinstalled it only for the save data to be...

i deleted a game off the microsoft store and reinstalled it only for the save data to be...: Ive tried searching appdata but found nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-deleted-a-game-off-the-microsoft-store-and/d691256b-81fd-49d9-8723-1c3730e1a68b
  5. i deleted a game off the microsoft store and reinstalled it only for the save data to be...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i deleted a game off the microsoft store and reinstalled it only for the save data to be...: Ive tried searching appdata but found nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-deleted-a-game-off-the-microsoft-store-and/d691256b-81fd-49d9-8723-1c3730e1a68b
  6. i deleted a game off the microsoft store and reinstalled it only for the save data to be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. how can i reinstall microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    how can i reinstall microsoft store: How can I restore Microsoft Store to my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-reinstall-microsoft-store/873a95c2-6e1c-47ab-b019-276cd286d903
  8. how can i reinstall microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i reinstall microsoft store: How can I restore Microsoft Store to my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-reinstall-microsoft-store/873a95c2-6e1c-47ab-b019-276cd286d903
  9. how can i reinstall microsoft store

10. MS Store -Reinstall- uninstalled cos Apps stopped working

MS Store -Reinstall- uninstalled cos Apps stopped working: removed MS Store as Apps stopped working and state *error* on reinstall. Cannot reinstall Store now. tried all fixes available on internet like WS-reset -i or powershell remove gives error and reinstall gives error . package. Windows PowerShell Copyright C Microsoft...