Windows 10: how to reinstall windows 10 (home) after replace hard drive

Discus and support how to reinstall windows 10 (home) after replace hard drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; FACTS: Dell inspiron 3050 (small fanless cube) came with windows 8.1 later upgraded to windows 10 .. it only had a 32 gig solid state drive which is so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RandyCalhoun, Jul 6, 2018.

1. how to reinstall windows 10 (home) after replace hard drive

FACTS: Dell inspiron 3050 (small fanless cube) came with windows 8.1 later upgraded to windows 10 .. it only had a 32 gig solid state drive which is so crowded now it has NOT been able to update since oct 2017because it says it needs 8 gig on c to do the update ... I tried removing everything but the OS and it still only has 4.5 gig free (there seems to be 4 or 5 gig listed under "other" which I can find ... so maybe it's bad sectors??) anyway I've exhausted hope of finding the 8 gig and when I try to update win 10 DOES NOT offer me the option to put it on a USB drive (where I have PLENNTY of space) ... it just says clear up 8 ghig on c .. and the only option is CANCEL and start over ....

ISSUES:

A) is there some way to DO the UPDATE to the drive c by using my USB so I don't need the 8 gig like it says?? I do NOT care if I loose all data on c ... I have my data on the usb anyway

b) now or later ... I want to replace that 32 gig drive with a bigger one (I got a 128 m.2 type solid state drive) ... after I do that ... how can I reinstall win 10 on that blank drive?? it is not even going to boot up??

c) if there is a way to install win 10 on that new blank drive .... would I need to buy a new license?? I never got any kind of "key" either to win 6.1 or win 10 ... my os is activated but it only shows a "product id there .... will that work or do I need to buy a key?

I appreciate any help on how to fix this little box ... I really like carrying it in my overnight bag wherever I'm going ...

:)

RandyCalhoun, Jul 6, 2018

2. Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Jul 6, 2018
  3. LarrieM Win User
    Reinstalling Win 10 to a replacement hard drive

I have an HP Pavilon desktop which I upgraded to WIN 10 from WIN 7. The hard drive is starting to fail with a BIOHD-8 error.Before the drive fails I would like to create a set of restore or recovery disks so I can buy a new one terabyte drive to replace
    the current 750 gig drive and reinstall the current version of Win 10. Will creating an ISO disk image work if I used a one terabyte external USB to create the image and then replaced the drive and copied the image back? I'd like to use a set of DVD to create
    an image or recovery drive so I wouldn't have to "waste" the external Hard drive. The steps in Control panel create a Windows System Repair Disk and a System Image but it says its for WIN 7. What am I missing? Seems that the system image created for DVDs (64
    bit) would occupy 14.37 gig or four DVDs.

Help

LarrieM, Jul 6, 2018
  4. how to reinstall windows 10 (home) after replace hard drive

Windows 10, Occasional Error, No Hard Drive, after Hard Drive Replacement

Hi,

System corruption can cause issues detecting your computer's hard drive. For us to properly investigate on your concern, we'd like to confirm the following information:

• On which cases do you receive the startup error?
    • Aside from replacing the hard drive, have you made any significant changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • Have you tried plugging in the replaced hard drive to another computer to check if the same thing occurs?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your reply so we can move forward to resolving your query.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

how to reinstall windows 10 (home) after replace hard drive

1. how to reinstall windows 10 (home) after replace hard drive - Similar Threads - reinstall home replace

2. How do I reinstall windows 10 on laptop after replacing defiective Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reinstall windows 10 on laptop after replacing defiective Hard Drive?: Hello,I have an older laptop that originally came with Windows 8, but I upgraded to Windows 10 when it became available. Now the Hard Drive has failed and I am replacing it. Once I replace the drive how do I reinstall Windows 10?I don't have installation files for Windows 8...
  3. How do I reinstall windows 10 on laptop after replacing defiective Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I reinstall windows 10 on laptop after replacing defiective Hard Drive?: Hello,I have an older laptop that originally came with Windows 8, but I upgraded to Windows 10 when it became available. Now the Hard Drive has failed and I am replacing it. Once I replace the drive how do I reinstall Windows 10?I don't have installation files for Windows 8...
  4. How do I reinstall windows 10 on laptop after replacing defiective Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive: I am going to be replacing my hard drive with a new drive soon, and it will be the only piece of hardware that I am changing in my computer. My question is can I reinstall windows 10 pro on the new drive without the product key? I looked everywhere but I can't find my...
  6. Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive: I am going to be replacing my hard drive with a new drive soon, and it will be the only piece of hardware that I am changing in my computer. My question is can I reinstall windows 10 pro on the new drive without the product key? I looked everywhere but I can't find my...
  7. Hard drive fail - replaced - Windows reinstall issues

Hard drive fail - replaced - Windows reinstall issues: Dell Inspiron 3670. Purchased with win 10 Pro installed in 2018. SSD died on Monday. Tested in BIOS - DEAD. New SSD installed yesterday. Used Windows 10 installation media creation tool to create USB installation drive and input the wrong email address while reinstalling...
  8. Reinstalling windows 10 after hard disk replacement

Reinstalling windows 10 after hard disk replacement: I had upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. However, my hard disk crashed and my service provider re installed window 7 after installing new hard disk. Can I still upgrade to Windows 10 and windows will identify earlier activation if its not based on hard disk....
  9. activate windows 10 after hard drive replacement

activate windows 10 after hard drive replacement: How do I activate Windows 10 after replacing my hard drive. I tried windows key and X as suggested and find "no administrative" space to fill in. I have my old windows xp disc with a number on it....
  10. Reinstall Windows 10 and replace primary hard drive

Reinstall Windows 10 and replace primary hard drive: Hi folks, I've been running Windows 10 on this PC for a couple of years now. Upgraded online from Windows 7 during the free upgrade period. So I have no product key for Windows 10, I have a digital license tied to my Microsoft account. I want to reinstall Windows 10 now...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reinstalling windows 10 homw on dell inspirion 3050

2. reinstall windows after hdd replacement

3. reinstall windows 10 after replacing hard drive

4. reinstall windows 10 after hard drive replacement,
  5. how to reinstall win10 after replace a new hard drive,
  6. replace hd on laptop and reinstal windows 10