Windows 10: How to remove 1-pixel border around active window

Discus and support How to remove 1-pixel border around active window in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] 60192 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yineva, Aug 13, 2016.

1. yineva Win User

How to remove 1-pixel border around active window

How to remove 1-pixel border around active window [​IMG]

:)

yineva, Aug 13, 2016

2. Windows 10 refuses to apply Accent Color to Active Window Title Bar

In the early days of Windows 10, Accent Color was applied to a 1-pixel border around the Active Window. This was subtle to the point of uselessness. Thankfully, this has changed in newer builds of Windows 10. Now, all up-to-date Windows 10 machines show
    a fully-colored Title Bar on the Active Window. There is at least one exception, however: No matter what I do, I have one Windows machine that insists on maintaining the useless subtlety of the old 1-pixel border. Regardless of the Active Window, all of
    my title bars are always pure white.

My accent color is set.

"Show color on Start, taskbar, and action center" is enabled.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize\ColorPrevalence is set to 1.

How can I force Windows 10 to behave normally, so I can know my Active Window with an effortless glance?

scotthoff01, Aug 13, 2016
  3. Strange 1 pixel border around my start menu

Hi,

Thank you for your update.

As your issue still persists, please follow the below steps to troubleshoot.

Step 1: Uninstall and reinstall display drivers

Please try to uninstall and re-install the display drivers and check if the issue persists.

To uninstall the display drivers, please follow the below method.

1. Press Windows Key +X Key and select Device manager.

2. In the Device Manager, select the Display Adapters.

3. In Display adapters, select the driver you have and right click it.

4. there, select the “Uninstall” option.

5. Your device driver will be uninstall and restart the computer.

Now, after restarting the computer, please go to the manufacturer’s website and download the latest drivers and install them and check if the issue persists.

Now, if you are unable to install the drivers, please install them in compatibility mode and check if the issue persists.

1. Right click the driver set up.

2. In the compatibility tab, go to compatibility mode, tick the

Run the program in compatibility mode for: select the windows operating system you want the driver to run in.

Also, please install all the latest updates and check if the issue persists.

Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

If the issue still persists, please follow the below step.

Step 2: Create a new account

Create a new account and check if the issue persists

a. Type Settings on the search bar.

b. Click on Accounts.

c. Go to Family and Other users, in that click on Add someone else to PC.

d. In there click on Microsoft Account if you want to create an MS account or else click on Local Account.

e. There give a name to the account and provide password if you want.

Please let us know if the issue got resolved or you need any further assistance.

Amarjeet_Paul, Aug 13, 2016
  4. yineva Win User

Or make it back to black or whatever it was, find it bug me a lot with a color around

yineva, Aug 13, 2016
  5. Cliff S New Member
    In regedit change ActiveBoarder and InactiveBoarder at [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors]

Cliff S, Aug 13, 2016
  6. yineva Win User
    Have got that Windowframe to 0 0 0, still nothing, and the pixel border changed as the theme color changed

yineva, Aug 13, 2016
  7. Cliff S New Member
    Yep! You need to make the change to ALL your saved themes, and resave them.

Cliff S, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to remove 1-pixel border around active window - Similar Threads - remove pixel border

2. Is it possible to remove the 1-pixel border around windows that the "Show accent color on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to remove the 1-pixel border around windows that the "Show accent color on...: Hello. the title pretty much says it all. I've tried to search for answers but its all just people talking about turning off the setting, which just makes the border a different color. There is chance that if I do disable the border, I might be unable to resize windows, and...
  3. Is it possible to remove the 1-pixel border around windows that the "Show accent color on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to remove the 1-pixel border around windows that the "Show accent color on...: Hello. the title pretty much says it all. I've tried to search for answers but its all just people talking about turning off the setting, which just makes the border a different color. There is chance that if I do disable the border, I might be unable to resize windows, and...
  4. Pixelated boarders around all active windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pixelated boarders around all active windows.: Hello,Intermittent problem I'm having with my active windows. A strange pixeled boarder appears around the boarders of my window. What could cause this and how to fix?...
  5. Pixelated boarders around all active windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pixelated boarders around all active windows.: Hello,Intermittent problem I'm having with my active windows. A strange pixeled boarder appears around the boarders of my window. What could cause this and how to fix?...
  6. Pixelated boarders around all active windows.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. 1 pixel border around menus and thick borders

1 pixel border around menus and thick borders: Hey,I recently got a problem where my taskbar menus got a 1 pixel border, and the Windows Settings menu has a very thick border. Control Panel menus are even weirder than the Settings menu. I've fixed this temporarily repeatedly by switching to another preset Windows theme...
  8. border around active window

in Windows 10 Support
    border around active window: I have been working on this for two days now. I upgraded from w7pro to w10pro. As soon as I did I am left with a one inch border around my screen. I have tried various settings and troubleshoots and can not get rid of the border. Last resort is changing the registry...
  9. How to remove borders around tray icons in a Windows theme?

How to remove borders around tray icons in a Windows theme?: Specifically, this is what I'm talking about: [ATTACH] There are boxes/borders around tray icons (and the start button, too). It's the only thing that I don't like with this High Contrast #2 theme, but I find it midly irrtating. Thank you....
  10. Pixel border around active window

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pixel border around active window: Hi there - first post as a new Windows 10 user migrating (returning) from OSX. So far only two issues found on 10130: Orange active window border: I have this horrble orange colour around the active window. I have changed all the colour settings but bothing seems to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove pixel border windows

2. windows 10 remove window border