Windows 10: How to remove a Desktop Icon without destroying My Account

Discus and support How to remove a Desktop Icon without destroying My Account in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Desktop Icon that bears the name of my account. I want to be able to delete this icon without deleting the contents of My Account. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nolly1959, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Nolly1959 Win User

How to remove a Desktop Icon without destroying My Account

I have a Desktop Icon that bears the name of my account. I want to be able to delete this icon without deleting the contents of My Account. I have already deleted my Windows Live Mail Contacts List as I had a Contacts Icon on the Desktop.*Mad

Norman

:)

Nolly1959, Mar 8, 2018

2. Windows 10 Desktop App Icon Removal

How can I remove an app icon on the desktop of one user account without removing it from all other user account desktops?

DonBuddington, Mar 8, 2018
  3. Remove a windows live account from my PC without deleting.

My grandson installed his windows live account on my PC, now I have to use his password at start up. How do I remove his account from my PC please?

Jeffdeinlein, Mar 8, 2018
  4. Edwin New Member

Settings/Personalization/Themes/Desktop icon settings/uncheck 'User's Files'/Apply/OK

Edwin, Mar 8, 2018
  5. Nolly1959 Win User
    Edwin, Thanks for your response. Did that and the 'Account Name' Icon has now disappeared from the Desktop*Smile
    I do however have another Desktop Icon named Control Panel. How can I remove that Icon?

Norman

Nolly1959, Mar 8, 2018
  6. Edwin New Member
    Same location, uncheck the ones you don't want showing, click Apply and OK.

*Arrow Add or Remove Default Desktop Icons in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

How to remove a Desktop Icon without destroying My Account [​IMG]

Edwin, Mar 8, 2018
  7. Nolly1959 Win User
    Edwin, Thanks again. All done.

Norman

Nolly1959, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to remove a Desktop Icon without destroying My Account - Similar Threads - remove Desktop Icon

2. How to remove the small arrow icon from the applications icons on the desktop without...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove the small arrow icon from the applications icons on the desktop without...: Hello Community,I had Windows 11 Pro installed on my PC and I've recently reinstalled it from the scratch due to some display drivers related issues. After the OS reinstallation, I can see that there're small arrow icons at the bottom left corner of some of the applications...
  3. How to remove the small arrow icon from the applications icons on the desktop without...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove the small arrow icon from the applications icons on the desktop without...: Hello Community,I had Windows 11 Pro installed on my PC and I've recently reinstalled it from the scratch due to some display drivers related issues. After the OS reinstallation, I can see that there're small arrow icons at the bottom left corner of some of the applications...
  4. How can I remove only a couple icons from my desktop without removing all?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove only a couple icons from my desktop without removing all?: I have some important folders and I want to keep 2 of them on my desktop but not the other desktop icons. I want to remove those from my desktop but leave 2. They also don't show up in my desktop folder, just visibly on my desktop. Thanks...
  5. How can I remove only a couple icons from my desktop without removing all?

How can I remove only a couple icons from my desktop without removing all?: I have some important folders and I want to keep 2 of them on my desktop but not the other desktop icons. I want to remove those from my desktop but leave 2. They also don't show up in my desktop folder, just visibly on my desktop. Thanks...
  6. how to remove icon on desktop that can not be moved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove icon on desktop that can not be moved: Icon on desktop can not be removed or moved . i want to delete it and I can not do that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-icon-on-desktop-that-can-not-be/9568290b-65d7-41e3-9c95-05604cf6797d
  7. how to remove icon on desktop that can not be moved

how to remove icon on desktop that can not be moved: Icon on desktop can not be removed or moved . i want to delete it and I can not do that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-icon-on-desktop-that-can-not-be/9568290b-65d7-41e3-9c95-05604cf6797d
  8. IHow to remove desktop icon's arrows without regedit

in Windows 10 Customization
    IHow to remove desktop icon's arrows without regedit: Is there a way to remove desktop icon arrows without regedit?I don't want to mess with registry on my main PC because i have sensitive data, tons of apps as well...
  9. Windows Desktop Destroyer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Desktop Destroyer: Can anyone explain why Windows desktop manager eats 100% of my GPU?? I recently got a new Computer and my Graphics card is a RTX2060 Super 8GB However i notice my system begins freezing or sometimes begins to stutter or both And my screen turns black but windows is still...
  10. How to remove OneDrive desktop icon

How to remove OneDrive desktop icon: After upgrade of Win7 to Win10 I got an Onedrive icon on my desktop. It can't be deleted. [img] [img] Is there a way to disable this icon in the registry? What is the guid? 37113