Windows 10: How to remove a password from windows 10

Discus and support How to remove a password from windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; how to remove a password from windows 10 * Moved from Community Participation Center... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by danniid1, Aug 9, 2018.

1. danniid1 Win User

How to remove a password from windows 10

how to remove a password from windows 10

* Moved from Community Participation Center

:)

danniid1, Aug 9, 2018
  2. Isha Soni Win User

Remove password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with the Issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps on how to make your Local Account as Administrator Account.

Method 1:

To remove password from the User Account :

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Click on ‘Control panel’.
    • Select ‘User account’. (On which you want to disable password)
    • Click on Remove Passowrd and follow the instructions.

Method 2:

After removing password follow the below steps to disable password page from start up.

• Press ‘Windows + W’ key to search Apps.
    • Type keyword “netplwiz” in the search box
    • Open netplwiz window from search list.
    • On the user accounts page, uncheck the option
      “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer”
      and click OK.
    • Restart the computer and check if it helps.
    If you want to change the Administrator account follow the steps.

• Login into your current Administrator Account.
    • Right click on Start button and select
      Control Panel.
    • Select User Account.
    • Select the option Manage another Account.
    • Select the Local Account.
    • Now select the option Change Account Type
      and select Administrator and click Change Account Type tab.

Try the above steps and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Aug 9, 2018
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Aug 9, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

1. How to remove a password from windows 10 - Similar Threads - remove password

2. How to remove an admin account which has password in it? I'm not the admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove an admin account which has password in it? I'm not the admin: I'm sorry but I let someone use my laptop for a while and they accidently create an admin account and they cannot remember the password. It has limited my permissions to use my laptop, is there any way to remove it with the admin password?...
  3. How to remove an admin account which has password in it? I'm not the admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove an admin account which has password in it? I'm not the admin: I'm sorry but I let someone use my laptop for a while and they accidently create an admin account and they cannot remember the password. It has limited my permissions to use my laptop, is there any way to remove it with the admin password?...
  4. How to remove an admin account which has password in it? I'm not the admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to remove Windows Logon Screen Password on windows 10?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to remove Windows Logon Screen Password on windows 10?: I have signed in with my MS account so that I can only use it for MS Store. I have already made below changes:1. Settings - Sign-in-options - Requires sign-in option set to Never.2. Windows PIN is also removed3. After following this command - netplwiz - I have unchecked the...
  6. How to remove Windows Logon Screen Password on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove Windows Logon Screen Password on windows 10?: I have signed in with my MS account so that I can only use it for MS Store. I have already made below changes:1. Settings - Sign-in-options - Requires sign-in option set to Never.2. Windows PIN is also removed3. After following this command - netplwiz - I have unchecked the...
  7. How to remove Windows Logon Screen Password on windows 10?

8. How to remove Windows startup PIN/password prompts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove Windows startup PIN/password prompts?: This should be simple, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to remove the PIN/password prompt that appears when I start my computer. I've read several other Microsoft advisories, and tried them all - to no avail. In fact, my efforts have made things worse. At this...
  9. How to remove Windows startup PIN/password prompts?

How to remove Windows startup PIN/password prompts?: This should be simple, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to remove the PIN/password prompt that appears when I start my computer. I've read several other Microsoft advisories, and tried them all - to no avail. In fact, my efforts have made things worse. At this...
  10. How to remove Windows startup PIN/password prompts?

in Windows 10 Customization