Windows 10: How to remove a user from the list on the login screen

Discus and support How to remove a user from the list on the login screen in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; It is my interpretation of what will be required when we upgrade to 2018 creators update (1803). This update will remove the HomeGroup. I have tried... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MacNala, Apr 5, 2018.

1. MacNala Win User

How to remove a user from the list on the login screen

It is my interpretation of what will be required when we upgrade to 2018 creators update (1803).
    This update will remove the HomeGroup. I have tried to set up a method which will use windows credentials to allow access to files on a PC on the same LAN. This needs a username and password to access the target machine's files.
    Does that explain what I am doing and why or have I got it all wrong. I have 2 PCs, A laptop and 8 Virtual machines all running Windows 10 and 2 running Windows 7 on the same LAN one of the virtual machines is running the insider preview Fast build and another the Skip ahead build.
    By creating a user with administrator's authorisation on each specific target machine that can be used by a different machine to access the files on the target machine.

MacNala, Apr 5, 2018
  2. MacNala Win User

To permit the sharing of files I need to add a user to my Win 10 PC with administrator permissions. I do not want anyone attempt to login using this user name but it appears in the list on the login screen. I have read a number of other posts where they refer to modifying the registry specifically modifying the entry in Winlogin to implement this.
    I have searched the registry but cannot find this key or value anywhere.
    Where is this entry and what do I have to add to remove a specific user from the list of users on the login screen?

:)

MacNala, Apr 28, 2018
  3. EliudQV. Win User
    How Remove a call from the "Recent Call List"

thats for sure i will too ....if i dont smash it first

EliudQV., Apr 28, 2018
  4. Entegy Win User

How Remove a call from the "Recent Call List"

Do you think in some future version will be possible to delete one or more selceted contact in the "recent" call ?

For "privacy" reasons it is necessary.

If it will not be possible, I'll change my windows phone to an android one.

I have no insight into future updates to Windows Phone, but it's something that can be asked at the
    suggestion box.

I'm going to clarify that I'm strictly talking about the People Hub's recent section. That can't be cleared, but being in the recent section of the People hub does not mean you have called that contact. It means you looked at the "what's new" section of
    that contact or possibly called them.

Your actual call history in the Phone app can be cleared at any time.

Entegy, Apr 28, 2018
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Ummmm.......every Windows computer should have at least one administrator account on it. If you don't have an administrator account already on that computer, you are extremely limited in what functions you can perform.

And, if you don't already have an administrator account on that computer - then how do you expect to add one? A standard user without administrator privileges cannot add any other accounts to that computer.

NavyLCDR, Apr 28, 2018
  6. muchomurka, Apr 28, 2018
  7. MacNala Win User
    Thanks to both for taking the trouble to reply, but you misread my original posting.
    I of course have an administrator account, the problem was I wanted to add another but not present that username on the login screen.
    I have read again some of the posts that I referred to and realised I had made a mistake I was searching for the wrong key value, winlogin instead of winlogon. Having spotted my mistake I have used the correct key value in the registry and have the setup I desired.

MacNala, Apr 29, 2018
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Why do you need a second administrator account to share files? Standard users can access shared files if the permissions are set to allow that user to access them.

NavyLCDR, Apr 29, 2018
Thema:

1. How to remove a user from the list on the login screen - Similar Threads - remove user list

2. How to remove an account from the login screen, WIN11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove an account from the login screen, WIN11?: Hello,I have three accounts that appear on the login screen.They are not listed in my settings Settings > Accounts > Emails & Accounts, but on the bottom left of the login screen.I have followed Cannot remove account form login screen in Windows 10 - Microsoft Community and...
  3. How to remove an account from the login screen, WIN11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove an account from the login screen, WIN11?: Hello,I have three accounts that appear on the login screen.They are not listed in my settings Settings > Accounts > Emails & Accounts, but on the bottom left of the login screen.I have followed Cannot remove account form login screen in Windows 10 - Microsoft Community and...
  4. remove user account in login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove user account in login screen: Hello, My windows 10 was set up originally with a local user account. Later I added my online account and deleted the local account from "control panel". So now there is only one account online account under "control panel->user accounts". I wanted to set up auto login from...
  5. How to remove deleted User Account from login screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove deleted User Account from login screen in Windows 10: A computer administrator can delete a user account without needing any password. That’s a huge drawback, but it is also by design giving admin users the ultimate authority. It may so happen that you have deleted a user account, but for some reason, its User Account Picture is...
  6. User logins disappeared from login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User logins disappeared from login screen: [ATTACH][ATTACH] I used to have a couple user accounts for sign in or etcetera, that i added. I then realized it got less. When i checked in the users folder, i realized that a couple sign user sign in had disappeared. I couldn't find it no matter where I looked..I only have...
  7. Remove one of the "Other user" login options from login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove one of the "Other user" login options from login screen: We have Win10 ENT 1809 joined to our domain; laptops with docks. There are 2 "Other user" login options at the login screen; one requests email address or phone number AND the other joins our domain. We just want to display one "Other user" which joins our domain. The...
  8. How to remove user picture from login screen, but keep it elsewhere?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove user picture from login screen, but keep it elsewhere?: I have changed my login screen background picture using Windows 10 Login Screen Changer (available at the MyDigitalLife forums). Unfortunately, the option to Disable User Account picture won't work for me, so I had to delete all the copies of my account pic in the...
  9. Remove user account pic at login screen

Remove user account pic at login screen: I thought I read somewhere how to do this but can't find it anymore. Anyway, I want to remove the user account pic at the login screen. Not change it but remove it completely so all I have is a clean background (I've already removed the background picture and set it to a...
  10. What is "password" user in user list at login screen?

What is "password" user in user list at login screen?: [img] What is this? How can I remove it from login screen? 13747