Windows 10: How to remove an email address from windows 10 mail as shown

Discus and support How to remove an email address from windows 10 mail as shown in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I made contact with a company using their email address in the form of *** Email address is removed for privacy *** (- I have changed the name to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jim Bat, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Jim Bat Win User

How to remove an email address from windows 10 mail as shown

I made contact with a company using their email address in the form of

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

(- I have changed the name to protect the company concerned but the STYLE is the same form)

Despite many attempts to remove the said address I am unable to do so as the "Delete" prompt is GREYED OUT.

If I add a name to the address, then I am able to remove the "Given name" but NOT the email address itself.

If anyone knows a method to remove this unwanted email address I would be extremely grateful as I have spent many hours searching for the solution.

Please noteIT IS NOT AN EMAIL ACCOUNT as so many videos etc line up to explain. IT IS AN EMAIL ADDRESS so PLEASE do NOT waste your time trying to explain HOW to REMOVE an EMAIL ACCOUNT. This is NOT the problem.

Should this request not be n the correct section it is because I cannot find anything that refers to Windows 10 MAIL in the selection boxes. Please bear with me on this and let me know which category it should have been placed.

Thank you.

Any help is ALWAYS appreciated

Kind Regards

Jim

:)

Jim Bat, Aug 17, 2018

2. Mail Question - Adding and Removing Email Addresses

Hello,

If I were to add a email address to the Mail app on Windows 10 Creators Update, would I be able to remove it from the Mail app and not permanently delete the email address? I don't want to accidentally delete my Google email address from existence. Does just removing the email from the Mail app, just remove it from the Mail app or deletes the email for good?

Computer Chicken, Aug 17, 2018
  3. Bastet Win User
    Win10 Mail - where's the address book?

That’s now the People app. How to remove an email address from windows 10 mail as shown :)
    If you know the contact's name or email address & they’re listed in the People app, you can start typing the first few letters of their name or email address and Mail for Windows 10 will suggest matching contacts.

Bastet, Aug 17, 2018
  4. Sam Vimes Win User

Mail App: Removing drop down email address suggestions

I'm not a big fan of the MS Mail program and don't really use it for serious stuff but somehow or other if I create a new email then as I start to enter the recipients address a whole load of suggestions will appear. I don't have any contacts in the People app so I'm not sure where these come from.

The question is how can I clear this list so that I no longer get the suggestions?

Thanks

Sam Vimes, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

1. How to remove an email address from windows 10 mail as shown - Similar Threads - remove email address

2. Why is the security email for my account shown as " *** Email address is removed for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the security email for my account shown as " *** Email address is removed for...: Why is the security email for my account shown as " *** Email address is removed for privacy ***" when this is not my mail address ? Please correct urgently....
  3. Why is the security email for my account shown as " *** Email address is removed for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the security email for my account shown as " *** Email address is removed for...: Why is the security email for my account shown as " *** Email address is removed for privacy ***" when this is not my mail address ? Please correct urgently....
  4. Remove email address from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove email address from Windows 10: Good morning, I have an old college email address that has been remotely deactivated. Meaning there is no email address or password to login to. I am getting the "account problem" message every time I boot up. I cannot remove it the traditional way, so can someone...
  5. How To Delete an Email Address from Windows 10 Mail Autofill

How To Delete an Email Address from Windows 10 Mail Autofill: I read some older forums. Has this issue been fixed yet? It looks like it has been an issue for a very long time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-an-email-address-from-windows-10/380b0671-418f-4657-9982-5ac257801bb3
  6. Sent Mail has strange From address *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Sent Mail has strange From address *** Email address is removed for privacy ***: Hi. Using Windows 10 Mail but has recently started to send emails with strange From addess. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I managed amazingly! to track this address down under the Sync email settings under outlook.live.com I have made sure it is NOT the...
  7. How to remove email address from windows login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove email address from windows login: Just purchased a new pc and forced to enter an email address to create new profile in latest build. Simply, how to remove (hide) your email address showing on windows start up log in screen? I have tried several fixes, so far nothing worked; many are dated. The privacy...
  8. How to remove email address from windows login

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove email address from windows login: Just purchased a new pc and forced to enter an email address to create new profile in latest build. Simply, how to remove (hide) your email address showing on windows start up log in screen? I have tried several fixes, so far nothing worked; many are dated. The privacy...
  9. Remove email address from Windows

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove email address from Windows: Hello I am under Windows 10 V. 1903. I am on a local account, in this case the Administrator account and I connected once (unfortunately) with my outlook.com email on the Windows store. Since this blunder, my Outlook address appears associated with the Administrator account...
  10. How delete an email address from Windows 10 mail autofill

How delete an email address from Windows 10 mail autofill: How do you delete an email address from the autofill file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-delete-an-email-address-from-windows-10-mail/52ab5a83-066a-4cde-a8ec-83a0831c28a4

Users found this page by searching for:

1. removing email addresses from win 10 mail