Windows 10: How to remove borders around tray icons in a Windows theme?

Discus and support How to remove borders around tray icons in a Windows theme? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Specifically, this is what I'm talking about: [ATTACH] There are boxes/borders around tray icons (and the start button, too). It's the only thing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Aoyagi Aichou, Aug 5, 2018.

1. How to remove borders around tray icons in a Windows theme?

Specifically, this is what I'm talking about:

How to remove borders around tray icons in a Windows theme? 5e177cb0-b6f0-49ef-a2f0-2eb158ca7209?upload=true.png

There are boxes/borders around tray icons (and the start button, too). It's the only thing that I don't like with this High Contrast #2 theme, but I find it midly irrtating.

Thank you.

:)

Aoyagi Aichou, Aug 5, 2018

2. Remove windows defender icon from the tray on win 10

Hi Vaso,

To help you remove Windows Defender icon from your computer's system tray, you may follow these steps:

• Right-click taskbar, and then choose Settings.
    • Under Notification area, click Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
    • Turn off the Windows Defender notification icon.
    Do let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Aug 5, 2018
  3. USB Drives plugged in but No Safely Remove Icon in Tray, and

....no drives listed in Hardware List.

When I plug USB drives in, the Safely Remove Hardware icon does not appear in in system tray (its not hidden either)

First, I went to Settings > Personalization > Taskbar > Select which Icons Appear on the Taskbar...

How to remove borders around tray icons in a Windows theme? [​IMG]

.. and found it was already on

Next I tried using the solution in this post...

Solved No safely remove icon in tray any more after Windows 10 Anniversary up - Windows 10 Forums

...making a shortcut from "rundll32 shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL hotplug.dll", but when I run the shortcut, there are no devices listed...

How to remove borders around tray icons in a Windows theme? [​IMG]

(in this screenshot, you can see two USB drives in the Explorer window in the BG but nothing listed in the panel. )

NOTE: They are listed in Disk Management and in the Device Manager under Disk Drives, and they function just fine..
    I think the Safely Remove Hardware icon is not appearing because despite being detected and showing in Explorer, Device Manager and Disk Management, its not being listed in this panel for some reason.

NOTE2: I recently installed a new motherboard.

ASUS B150M-A
    CPU Intel Core i5 - 6500 (3.2 GHz)
    Mem 4096 MB (DDR4 - 2133)

I am 100% sure it was working before that, but I cannot say for sure if it was still working after that.
    A friend suggested that it might be a setting in BIOS, but I have looked through it and nothing stands out.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

ETA: this is not the system listed in my System Specs page. That is another computer which I still have.

smartcooky, Aug 5, 2018
  4. How to remove borders around tray icons in a Windows theme?

Border around my start menu and system tray.

I came back to my computer after running some errands and my wallpaper was gone and I had a weird border around my start menu. It's also on
    my hidden icons menu. Also various windows have the entire border as blue. Also changing the start menus settings from allow transparent on/off it removes the border however the icon tray retains the border, beginning to think this is a windows bug.

I have also run a couple virus scans just in case.

How to remove borders around tray icons in a Windows theme? 1bf940ea-4426-4d49-8c41-324975daec08.png

GraysonMroczko, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

How to remove borders around tray icons in a Windows theme?

1. How to remove borders around tray icons in a Windows theme? - Similar Threads - remove borders around

2. How can I remove the border around the Xbox Game Pass icons on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I remove the border around the Xbox Game Pass icons on my desktop?: I like to keep my games on my desktop to remind myself that I sometimes have to stop to work and play something for a change. But now I notice that the game icons I downloaded via the Xbox Gamepass app have a weird border around them. I tried changing the size of the icons,...
  3. Border in theme

in Windows 10 Customization
    Border in theme: Can someone help me how to solve this problem? How do i turn the border around the "Battery settings" off? Thank you all![ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/border-in-theme/4f79bb62-4130-4a9b-aa04-43c68e693a2c
  4. White Border Around Desktop Icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    White Border Around Desktop Icon: Whenever I resize my desktop Icons a white border appears around it. Whenever I refresh , it disappears, but when I singe click an icon it reappears again. I need to restart Windows Explorer to get rid of it but in doing so, my system tray icons disappear and will appear...
  5. Is there any way to remove the dotted border around desktop icons permanently?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to remove the dotted border around desktop icons permanently?: I strive for a clean desktop setup, but that annoying dotted icon border messes me up. Is there any way to get rid of it permanently? I've looked online and all the "solutions" are just one-time quick fixes. I know the outline is there for keyboard control, but I never use my...
  6. border around active window

in Windows 10 Support
    border around active window: I have been working on this for two days now. I upgraded from w7pro to w10pro. As soon as I did I am left with a one inch border around my screen. I have tried various settings and troubleshoots and can not get rid of the border. Last resort is changing the registry...
  7. How to remove 1-pixel border around active window

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove 1-pixel border around active window: [img] 60192
  8. :HELP: Random invisible border around system tray popups

in Windows 10 Support
    :HELP: Random invisible border around system tray popups: Hello, First time on these forums, so please cut me some slack if I make any mistakes/break any rules. I upgraded to Windows 10 and have a random border a couple of pixels wide around all of the system tray icons. I cannot for the life of me work out why. My Win 10...
  9. Dotted Border Around Desktop Icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Dotted Border Around Desktop Icon: Every now and then I notice a dotted box around an icon on my desktop. When I reboot it goes away. It's not all that important, but my curiosity gets the better of me. Does anyone know what causes this and can it be prevented from happening again? [img] 99371
  10. Border around window screenshot

in Windows 10 Support
    Border around window screenshot: After the Windows 10 Anniversary upgrade, the Alt+PrtScn combo captures a border of some size around a window, as in the screenshot below. Is it possible to have only the active window captured? [img] 65499

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove borders from icons windows 10

2. completley remove borders around desktop shortcuts

3. white borders around start menu icons