Windows 10: How to remove certain items from "all apps" list?

Discus and support How to remove certain items from "all apps" list? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey all, Another question I have about Windows 10. Back on Windows 7, under the all programs list I was able to delete anything I didn't want listed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Aiku1jas, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Aiku1jas Win User

How to remove certain items from "all apps" list?

Hey all,

Another question I have about Windows 10. Back on Windows 7, under the all programs list I was able to delete anything I didn't want listed there. Unfortunately with Windows 10 I can't remove everything. So I am wondering how can I clean up the "All Apps" list under the start menu?

For example, I want to remove "Calculator", "Calendar" and "Camera" from all apps. When I right click on these items I can only either pin to start bar or task bar.

Is there any way to remove these items so the All apps is a little bit cleaner?

Thanks!

:)

Aiku1jas, Aug 1, 2015
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Aug 1, 2015
  3. pichs Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

What are third party tag editors?

pichs, Aug 1, 2015
  4. YOU
    You Win User

With normal programs like for example Firefox, their shortcuts are located in %AppData%\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs, but if want to delete apps which aren't like normal programs, I'm not sure. In Windows 8, would just uninstall them in PC Settings, but can't uninstall the default apps in Windows 10.

5. Aiku1jas Win User
    There has to be some way to remove these items from the all apps menu. Maybe through the registry? I notice a "WindowsApps" folder in Program Files, but denied access to it.

Any other ideas?

Aiku1jas, Aug 1, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 1, 2015
  7. Aiku1jas Win User
    Thanks for the reply, Brink.

That helps with removing some items. But what about stuff I don't see listed or can't uninstall? Stuff I want to remove from All Apps includes "Calendar", "Camera", "Cortana", etc. I would hardly use these items and have no need for them to be in the all apps list. There seems to be no way to remove them from the menu?

Aiku1jas, Aug 2, 2015
  8. YOU
    You Win User

can't remove them, as there are no shortcuts to the apps in the Start menu folder and can't uninstall them.

9. Aiku1jas Win User
    Actually, you can remove them. I just found out how to do it.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

For example, to remove the "Camera" from All Apps, do the following:

1) Start an Administrative Powershell window
    2) Run the command 'Get-AppxPackage | Select Name,PackageFullname' (This will list installed Metro apps displaying the Name and PackageFullname needed to uninstall)
    3) Locate the Camera Package (Microsoft.WindowsCamera)
    4) Copy the 'PackageFullname' from the Camera Package
    5) Type 'Remove-AppXPackage <PackageFullname>' (replace <PackageFullname> with the text you copied from the list) and hit enter

After that has been done, the Camera app will be removed from All Apps. And this can be done for many other apps that you simply cannot uninstall.

It works, but is a pain. I wish Microsoft would just let you right click and delete like on past Windows.

Aiku1jas, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to remove certain items from "all apps" list? - Similar Threads - remove certain items

2. How Do I Remove an Orphaned Menu Item from the All Applications List?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Remove an Orphaned Menu Item from the All Applications List?: After the latest 3/2023 Windows 11 update, I discovered I had a program menu entry in my All Apps menu that I could not remove. I removed the offending program through the recommended uninstall method and rebooted to clear any remnants that might have remained. The program...
  3. How Do I Remove an Orphaned Menu Item from the All Applications List?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Do I Remove an Orphaned Menu Item from the All Applications List?: After the latest 3/2023 Windows 11 update, I discovered I had a program menu entry in my All Apps menu that I could not remove. I removed the offending program through the recommended uninstall method and rebooted to clear any remnants that might have remained. The program...
  4. Unable to remove an item from the exclusion list

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to remove an item from the exclusion list: Hi, after running a full scan with windows defender, it has helped to remove some malware threats. However, after doing another full scan for good measure, I've encountered this issue where the system notifies me about "Items skipped during scan". When I clicked into the...
  5. How Do I Remove All Apps List?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How Do I Remove All Apps List?: So, As you can see in the video... I want to clean up the start menu but this \"thing\" is quite annoying me... I am so close to giving up on getting rid of it... I have tried to look on YouTube for something that works but nadda. So now I am asking Reddit... Open to...
  6. how to show or list all items on Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to show or list all items on Desktop: All items show on regular desktop, but not listed under File Explorer. Question is, how to get all listed under File Explorer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-show-or-list-all-items-on-desktop/d32f5701-77f1-4452-95cb-36bf43add0a3
  7. Remove item from "Open with..." list (Not the FileExt registry)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove item from "Open with..." list (Not the FileExt registry): I have an app in the "Open with..." list that is not in the location everyone on the internet is pointing to (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\) What are other places that the key could be hidden ? E1: Ok found it, i guess...
  8. Remove item from "Open with..." list (Not the FileExt registry)

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove item from "Open with..." list (Not the FileExt registry): I have an app in the "Open with..." list that is not in the location everyone on the internet is pointing to (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\) What are other places that the key could be hidden ? 135231
  9. Can't add or remove items from start list

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't add or remove items from start list: The situation is I can't add any item to the "start list', which is the list on the left of the start icons. As far as I've read, it's supposed to be as easy as dragging an icon, but it can't be done I get an "x" when I reach the destination at the left. Strange also, is...
  10. Remove certain items from Start search

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Remove certain items from Start search: When I search for apps sometimes "Best match" is far from being the best and is almost always something I would use very rarely or never. Is it possible to manually reorder items or just remove them all together? I'm used to hit Start, type the beginning of app's name and hit...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 25% 3)%https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/73388-change-taskbar-clock-12-hour-24-hour-format-windows-10-a.html