Windows 10: How to remove clickable links on the lock screen in Win10?

Discus and support How to remove clickable links on the lock screen in Win10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I like this new feature in Windows 10 when it randomizes the picture that is shown on the lock screen. What I can't stand are those clickable links... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ahmd, Feb 2, 2017.

1. ahmd Win User

How to remove clickable links on the lock screen in Win10?

I like this new feature in Windows 10 when it randomizes the picture that is shown on the lock screen. What I can't stand are those clickable links that they put on it. These things:

How to remove clickable links on the lock screen in Win10? [​IMG]

Does anyone know how to remove them?

My main gripe with those links is that I often hit them by mistake when I try to unlock my PC so I then have to either click on an empty space or then close some annoying page that comes up in a web browser. It just kills productivity.

PS. I tried following these steps to use GPOs but it doesn't seem to do anything in my case. I also tried changing in the Settings so that not to allow spotlight, but then it removes this randomized wallpaper thing, which I like. I'm asking only about the links on it.

:)

ahmd, Feb 2, 2017
  2. phochb Win User

Start button on windows 10 not working?

i tried uninstalling malwarebytes with the computer disconnected from the internet. i then managed a restart. i had also removed it from startup first. it is now sitting at either the lock screen or the sign in screen with no icon clickable. frustrated.

phochb, Feb 2, 2017
  3. How to remove the password on the lock screen.

You should open Settings and in Accounts ->Sign in options, click to change password and enter old password and then for new password and retry new password leave them empty.

Note: you could do this on local account only and if you are using Microsoft Account, you should switch to Local Account first.

Cyber_Defend_Team, Feb 2, 2017
  4. How to remove clickable links on the lock screen in Win10?

have you tried navigating to the notifications tab in settings and turning off " Show notifications on the lock screen " ?.. I've never had this on my lock screen so this might be why i don't.. not entirely sure tho.

BrandonR188, Feb 2, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
    Unfortunate the GPO change doesn't work for you.

@BrandonR188 That doesn't apply or work, unfortunately. Just wondering- are you actually using Spotlight? Interestingly references say 'Like what you see?' occurs occasionally. Not my experience in general, but there are occasions when it hasn't (apart from what you see after a restart, which is differently generated).

@ahmd Clearly you can change from Spotlight to Slideshow and use your own images. You could also acquire the Spotlight images stored on your PC and use them in your Slideshow. Searching also offers sets of spotlight images for download.
    How to Find Windows Spotlight Lock Screen Images

Note that changing lockscreen settings (esp. Spotlight) can make it hard to restore it.

dalchina, Feb 2, 2017
  6. i only use Picture as my lockscreen.. perhaps that is why i don't have this issue.

BrandonR188, Feb 2, 2017
  7. ahmd Win User
    @BrandonR188: Notifications have nothing to do with this question. Those are "toast notifications". These things.

@dalchina: yes, of course I can load up a whole bunch of images and use the slideshow. This question is not about it, either. The "beauty" of that spotlight setting is that it picks images for you, which is pretty cool.

What I also noticed is that once you boot up your computer fresh it doesn't have those links and only shows them after some time. (I'm guessing because some service isn't running yet.) Only if I knew which service it is. In that case stopping it would solve the issue.

ahmd, Feb 2, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

Not sure if this helps you, but the links on the Spotlight images only seem to appear when the screen has been locked after you have logged on. If you boot up or log out you don't see them.

Bree, Feb 2, 2017
  9. dalchina New Member

Helpful description about the lock screen after restart being different.
    @ahmd - my #3 above
    And if the GPO solution doesn't work for you, you may either have to do an in-place upgrade repair install and then hope it does, or think laterally (slideshow) or find a solution someone has posted. Good luck!

dalchina, Feb 2, 2017
  10. ahmd Win User
    I think I might have solved it. It's kinda strange how it works though. All I did was this -- I set up these two GPOs in User Configuration node of gpedit.msc:

At first it didn't do anything (even after a reboot.) But a few days later I don't see those links anymore! So go figure. Might be another bug in Windows 10 (among many.)

11. dalchina New Member
    Good- It's odd how spotlight seems to take some days to reflect changes made to it. I stopped mine working somehow after disabling the lock screen- it now works properly, but took a long time. And the preview in Settings is now grey for all cases- but that's insignificant.

dalchina, Feb 8, 2017
  12. ahmd Win User
    Argh. Nevermind. Those annoying things just came back!

13. dalchina New Member

Searching around, it so far seems there's no way to keep Spotlight and not have these links displayed.

Therefore use one of the two ways to collect a set of Spotlight screens, and use the Picture or Slideshow mode to display them.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to remove clickable links on the lock screen in Win10? - Similar Threads - remove clickable links

2. how to deactivate/remove screen lock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to deactivate/remove screen lock: I have Windows 11 Home. I am frustrated with the Screen Lock function. It activates at 1 minute and using the settings program to adjust the timing does not work. Also, all of my attempts to deactivate and/or remove the screen lock function using instructions found in Bing...
  3. URL links in Phone Link not clickable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    URL links in Phone Link not clickable: I would like to report that the problem in this post is still there and not yet fixed.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/urls-in-phone-link-no-longer-clickable/620a6130-8e51-4d0c-bdfd-a13d6ba6368dWhen a message has a link as in this photo, nothing happens...
  4. URL links in Phone Link not clickable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    URL links in Phone Link not clickable: I would like to report that the problem in this post is still there and not yet fixed.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/urls-in-phone-link-no-longer-clickable/620a6130-8e51-4d0c-bdfd-a13d6ba6368dWhen a message has a link as in this photo, nothing happens...
  5. URL's in Phone Link no longer clickable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    URL's in Phone Link no longer clickable: Not sure if since the last update but links are no longer clickable. I cant even copy them in the app.Phone Link 1.22022.180.0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/urls-in-phone-link-no-longer-clickable/620a6130-8e51-4d0c-bdfd-a13d6ba6368d
  6. URL's in Phone Link no longer clickable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    URL's in Phone Link no longer clickable: Not sure if since the last update but links are no longer clickable. I cant even copy them in the app.Phone Link 1.22022.180.0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/urls-in-phone-link-no-longer-clickable/620a6130-8e51-4d0c-bdfd-a13d6ba6368d
  7. Remove tip links from lock screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Remove tip links from lock screen: How can I remove the tip links from the lock screen image in Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-tip-links-from-lock-screen/71412f6e-8237-4ff3-bd17-eff38934541a
  8. Unable to remove duplicate Win10 Lock Screen image

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to remove duplicate Win10 Lock Screen image: Is there a way to remove the duplicate Win10 Lock Screen image as shown here in my image? Guess I did something wrong... How can I remove it from the Settings\Personalization\Lock Screen 132293
  9. how to remove date and clock from lock screen of Win10?

how to remove date and clock from lock screen of Win10?: how to remove date and clock from lock screen of Win10? It is too annoy! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_screensave/how-to-remove-date-and-clock-from-lock-screen-of/3db49a8f-b169-47d6-93a6-6d6b51af3cfe
  10. Removing Edge links from Spotlight lock screen

Removing Edge links from Spotlight lock screen: I am looking for a way to clean up my lock screen so that it only shows the date/time in the bottom left and the feedback section in the top right. I had it this way previously, but since reinstalling Windows I have not been able to get it back. I have 'Get fun facts,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to remove clickable links on the lock screen in win10