Windows 10: How to remove corrupted or readable file

Discus and support How to remove corrupted or readable file in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Somehow my Visual Studio 2017 community installation has failed. A folder called Roslyn is corrupted or unreadable. I cannot delete it, even running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RonNewYork, Nov 12, 2017.

1. How to remove corrupted or readable file

Somehow my Visual Studio 2017 community installation has failed. A folder called Roslyn is corrupted or unreadable. I cannot delete it, even running CMD as an Admin.

Reinstalling VS 2017 doesn't work because it needs that folder.

SO...what to do?

Thanks.

RON

:)

RonNewYork, Nov 12, 2017
  2. dkbuchner Win User

Can't remove 'file or directory is corrupted and unreadable"

How can I remove a directory when I get this message 'file or directory is corrupted and unreadable"

dkbuchner, Nov 12, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Can't remove 'file or directory is corrupted and unreadable"

Hi dkbuchner,

Run Check Disk on the drive that directory is located on to remove the directory entry . . .

Open Windows files Explorer

Right click the Drive, choose properties

On the Tools Tab, click 'Check'

If that drive is your system drive, windows will ask you if you want to schedule a disk check on next boot, choose yes and restart your system

DaveM121, Nov 12, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

How to remove corrupted or readable file

First job run check disk see if that corrects the problem if the problem is disk corruption

Samuria, Nov 12, 2017
  5. Thanks. I did and it's gone!!! But I ran it as Administrator.

RonNewYork, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to remove corrupted or readable file

1. How to remove corrupted or readable file - Similar Threads - remove corrupted readable

2. Word and ppt files not readable anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word and ppt files not readable anymore: Bonjour,I have problems with Microsoft office files .Text are no more readable and i can't write a readable text anymore pictures belowStyle of Font are deleted.I can't detect the virus with any of anti-virus. I use Windows defender for now.Windows 10 Professionnel Any help...
  3. Word and ppt files not readable anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word and ppt files not readable anymore: Bonjour,I have problems with Microsoft office files .Text are no more readable and i can't write a readable text anymore pictures belowStyle of Font are deleted.I can't detect the virus with any of anti-virus. I use Windows defender for now.Windows 10 Professionnel Any help...
  4. Removing a corrupt file on an external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing a corrupt file on an external drive: I have a corrupt file on a SanDisk drive that I need to erase. attached is an image of my problem. Can anyone suggest a way to remove this folder and file?...
  5. Removing a corrupt file on an external drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing a corrupt file on an external drive: I have a corrupt file on a SanDisk drive that I need to erase. attached is an image of my problem. Can anyone suggest a way to remove this folder and file?...
  6. xlr files open but not readable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    xlr files open but not readable: xlr files open but not readable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xlr-files-open-but-not-readable/daebf949-c55b-4771-a1b0-523082372696
  7. Update/Corrupt Account/Files Removed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update/Corrupt Account/Files Removed: Kia ora/hello, Windows 10 recently forced another update on my computer. As a result, only one user account is corrupted can log in, but all settings set to default, all files gone. Can access some files via Users>Account name. How do I: 1 Recover removed files the ones...
  8. Readable File Backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Readable File Backup: I am setting up a new computer. In the past I have used SyncToy to back up files to an external hard drive, but I understand that it won't work with Windows 10 any longer because an older .net version is required for SyncToy. I do not want to use cloud services. What...
  9. App crashing and removing corrupt files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    App crashing and removing corrupt files: Hello Everyone, This is Sagnik, An user of Windows 10 2004 version and a dell laptop. Recently, I had one of my apps namely Dell Support assist crashing when tried to open it. The technicians suggested to do a sfc scan in cmd, and some corrupt files were found, which it was...
  10. Readability problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Readability problems: On my small 10.1 screen in a number of situations I am finding the text difficult to read, sometimes because of the size of the font, more often it is the colour of the font against the background. This applies to some apps and often with system popup windows. I have just...