Windows 10: How to remove drop shadows under desktop text?

Discus and support How to remove drop shadows under desktop text? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; . After last night's Win update, I now have version 1803. All my desktop icons now have drop shadows under the text. How can I remove these shadows?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by OldGrantonian, May 18, 2018.

1. How to remove drop shadows under desktop text?

After last night's Win update, I now have version 1803.

All my desktop icons now have drop shadows under the text. How can I remove these shadows?

I tried Control Panel > System > Advanced System Settings, but I couldn't see the setting.

Thanks.

:)

OldGrantonian, May 18, 2018

2. Drop Shadows on Desktop

I want to eliminate the drop shadows on the text under the icons on my desktop. I used the following procedure that hasn't worked:

- Control Panel, System

- Advanced system settings

- Advanced tab, Performance, Settings

- Unchecked "Save task bar thumbnail previews", "Show shadows under mouse pointer", "Show shadows under windows", and "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop"

The drop shadows are still there. How do I get rid of them?

BeverlyHedberg, May 20, 2018
  3. Desktop icon labels have drop shadows

On my Windows 10 Desktop, the text under icons has an unpleasant shadow. I cannot seem to remove the drop shadows. There is a checkbox (in Advance System Settings), and I have carefully unchecked it, and restarted my PC. But the drop shadows under the
    icon labels persist. I was able to get rid of the drop shadows in Windows 7 quite easily. But so far, I can't accomplish the same task in Windows 10. Any help?

SteveChesebrough, May 20, 2018
Thema:

How to remove drop shadows under desktop text?

1. How to remove drop shadows under desktop text? - Similar Threads - remove drop shadows

2. Unable to remove shadows on desktop icon text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove shadows on desktop icon text: Ever since Installing Windows 11 Moments 4 update, text shadows have appeared on my desktop icons. It tuns out that "Smooth edges of screen fonts" is the issue.When enabled, it's applying "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop" setting as well. Turning on or off...
  3. Unable to remove shadows on desktop icon text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to remove shadows on desktop icon text: Ever since Installing Windows 11 Moments 4 update, text shadows have appeared on my desktop icons. It tuns out that "Smooth edges of screen fonts" is the issue.When enabled, it's applying "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop" setting as well. Turning on or off...
  4. Unable to remove shadows on desktop icon text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove shadows on desktop icon text: Ever since Installing Windows 11 Moments 4 update, text shadows have appeared on my desktop icons.My Desktop icons used to look like this.When enabled, it's applying "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop" setting as well.Turning "Use drop shadows for icon labels on...
  5. Unable to remove shadows on desktop icon text

Unable to remove shadows on desktop icon text: Ever since Installing Windows 11 Moments 4 update, text shadows have appeared on my desktop icons.My Desktop icons used to look like this.When enabled, it's applying "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop" setting as well.Turning "Use drop shadows for icon labels on...
  6. Remove Shadow Under Icon Text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Shadow Under Icon Text: Remove Shadow Under Icon Text .I have tried going into the System properties... then Visual effects, and unchecking the box for "Use drop shadows for icons... " It does NOT work. Can someone please help me with this?...
  7. Remove Shadow Under Icon Text

Remove Shadow Under Icon Text: Remove Shadow Under Icon Text .I have tried going into the System properties... then Visual effects, and unchecking the box for "Use drop shadows for icons... " It does NOT work. Can someone please help me with this?...
  8. Remove Shadow Under Icon Text

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Cannot remove drop shadow on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove drop shadow on desktop icons: Desktop Icons are hard to read. I have tried at least 10 different suggestions on Google. All are different. None worked. Why would have such a wonderful program as Windows 11 and make the icon text blurred with a needless shadow?? Help on this, please?...
  10. Cannot remove drop shadow on desktop icons

Cannot remove drop shadow on desktop icons: Desktop Icons are hard to read. I have tried at least 10 different suggestions on Google. All are different. None worked. Why would have such a wonderful program as Windows 11 and make the icon text blurred with a needless shadow?? Help on this, please?...