Windows 10: how to remove empty folders and duplicate icons from control panel

Discus and support how to remove empty folders and duplicate icons from control panel in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a duplicate icon (Desktop Gadgets) that I would like to physically remove (not just hide) from the control panel, together with three empty... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Florio, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Florio Win User

how to remove empty folders and duplicate icons from control panel

I have a duplicate icon (Desktop Gadgets) that I would like to physically remove (not just hide) from the control panel, together with three empty folders (Windows Update, Performance Information and Tools, Biometrics). The icon is not a .cpl file, but an .exe file.

:)

Florio, Sep 19, 2017

2. driver toolkit

I have downloaded and installed DriverToolkit. Knowing that this program could pose a threat, I never used it and I decided to uninstall it from the Control Panel "Programs and Features." After doing so, the entry for DriverToolkit was deleted from the
    "Programs and Features" list. However, the DriverToolkit icon is still on the task bar. If I click on the icon, the DriverToolkit starts up as if it were never removed from my system.

Using Windows Explorer, I found a folder "Local Disk (C): Program Files (x86)/DriverToolkit." This folder contains the following:

SUBFOLDER: Backup (empty)

SUBFOLDER: Download (empty)

DriverToolkit.exe

msvcp100.dll

msvcr100.dll

network.dll

zlibwapi.dll

So, I have two questions:

1. After uninstalling DriverToolkit from the Control Panel "Programs and Features," the DriverToolkit was eliminated from the list of programs. So why is this program still on my computer?

2. How should I go about permanently removing DriverToolkit from my computer? Should I delete the folder "Local Disk (C): Program Files (x86)/DriverToolkit"?

BinaryStar460, Sep 19, 2017
  3. How to Remove Control Panel from My Desktop and Return to Proper Location Windows 10?

I think I dragged it to the desktop from the start menu. I'm not sure. Was not my intention. I thought I was creating a shortcut. I've done this before and the only way I ever got it back was re-install. how to remove empty folders and duplicate icons from control panel :p

RustyFerguson, Sep 19, 2017
Thema:

how to remove empty folders and duplicate icons from control panel

1. how to remove empty folders and duplicate icons from control panel - Similar Threads - remove empty folders

2. How to remove duplicate folders from SharePoint sync

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove duplicate folders from SharePoint sync: When sync'ing with SharePoint the sync starts normally.However, over time our staff are find sync Folder 1 and sync Folder 2 are appearing.I can replicate this in SharePoint sync by stopping the sync and starting again and answering NO when asked to use the existing...
  3. How to remove duplicate folders from SharePoint sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove duplicate folders from SharePoint sync: When sync'ing with SharePoint the sync starts normally.However, over time our staff are find sync Folder 1 and sync Folder 2 are appearing.I can replicate this in SharePoint sync by stopping the sync and starting again and answering NO when asked to use the existing...
  4. How do I remove an icon from the control panel??

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove an icon from the control panel??: I removed flash player from my systems. However the flash player 32 bit icon remains in the control panel. How do I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-an-icon-from-the-control-panel/82a64703-bad6-46b3-9f99-b2da07fa0b3b
  5. Control Panel Icons

Control Panel Icons: Hello, Could someone explain me I obtain these new icons in Control Panel. I've installed the French 2004 version updated June 2020 Build 19041.329 on two different machines. Fresh install after formatting the drive. One have these new icons, the other not. Many thanks for...
  6. Orphaned duplicate icons in Control Panel, random apps hang

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Orphaned duplicate icons in Control Panel, random apps hang: Friends, I have orphaned icons in my Windows 10 Control Panel (see Below). Additionally, I have some apps like "camera" "HP smart""MS News""photos" are greyed out as they do when updating. I cannot uninstall them or reinstall a new copy over them. On top of this, I have...
  7. How to Customise icons in the Control Panel

How to Customise icons in the Control Panel: Hi Guys, I have been using CustomiserGod to change the icons in Windows 10, but as we know the programme has its limitations as to which icons it can change. So my question is: Is there another way to change the icons in the control panel or any icons in Windows 10...
  8. How to Remove Control Panel Icons no longer used?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Remove Control Panel Icons no longer used?: I have double icons for my laptop pointing device Synaptics v1.6 and Synatpicts v8.1. I want to delete these and just have one after a reinstall of my laptop mouse trackpad drivers. I cant get rid of them, is there a way to get rid of them thanks also tried the *.cpl thing...
  9. How to Remove Redundant NVidia Control Panel Icon?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to Remove Redundant NVidia Control Panel Icon?: I moved from an NVidia GPU to an AMD GPU a while ago but there is still a residual blank NVidia Control Panel icon in Control Panel. How do I remove it? The NVidia drivers were uninstalled a while ago. 72706
  10. Removing empty folders from the control panel ...

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing empty folders from the control panel ...: Does anyone know how to remove empty folders (and not app icons) from the control panel pane? Hiding them would also be an acceptable solution! Big thanks to whoever can lend a hand... 93922