Windows 10: How to remove ENG language bar/icon from taskbar?

Discus and support How to remove ENG language bar/icon from taskbar? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I would like to remove the ENG bar/icon from the taskbar but cannot find the relevant setting. For some reason the US keyboard layout is listed even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by THX1138, Jul 18, 2017.

1. THX1138 Win User

How to remove ENG language bar/icon from taskbar?

I would like to remove the ENG bar/icon from the taskbar but cannot find the relevant setting. For some reason the US keyboard layout is listed even though it's not present in the control panel.

Screenshot: http://imgur.com/0gDJMHy.png

:)

THX1138, Jul 18, 2017
  2. uausa Win User

System Icon defaults to off on Input Indicator, Why?

Missing language bar, In order to see the multi-language bar on taskbar I have to open in Windows 10 PRO, Personalize, Taskbar, Turn on System Icons, turn on Input indicator in order to see the Language preference choices e. g. Eng./UKP for (Phonetic Ukrainian)!
    When the system is rebooted the input indicator defaults to OFF!!! WHY???? Each time I need to switch from Eng. to UKP. (Phonetic Ukrainian), I have to turn the System Icon Input Indicator to on!! HELP!!!

uausa, Jul 18, 2017
  3. SuzyBaz Win User
    Removing English UK Language from task bar and as keyboard input method

I set Regional and Languages to only 2 Languages: English US and Hebrew. But still, a third language (ENG for English UK) is showing on right end of task bar and I need to switch 3 times the keyboard in order to move from English to Hebrew or viceversa.

How can I remove the third language from my keyboard?

Thanks

Suzy

SuzyBaz, Jul 18, 2017
  4. asdf123 Win User

Just click on the keyboard and go options > remove. Then remove one of the additional keyboards.

asdf123, Jul 18, 2017
  5. THX1138 Win User
    Click on the keyboard? What? Did you look at the screenshot? There are no additional languages to remove!

THX1138, Jul 18, 2017
  6. asdf123 Win User
    Click on "English (United Kingdom)" Windows Display Language then > options and then you will see a list which you should save only the desired keyboard.

asdf123, Jul 18, 2017
  7. THX1138 Win User
    THX1138, Jul 18, 2017
  8. cereberus Win User

It is convoluted how to remove it.

Let's assume you require UK keyboard and UK English is default, but below works for any language.

In settings menus (new ones not control panel), you have to add US language, and make it default. This will then show US keyboard.

Then select options, and add UK keyboard to US language, and delete US keyboard.

Now set UK English as default and delete US English.

However be warned, some software can reinvoke the 'hidden' US keyboard - typically remote control apps do that.

cereberus, Jul 18, 2017
  9. Bree New Member
    Thank you for that tip. I use the UK English language with a choice of ENG UK, ENG INTL and ENG US keyboards. The spurious fourth 'hidden' US keyboard (just plain ENG) that kept appearing had been bugging me.

It's gone now, along with another problem I'd been having since the Creators Update. The WinKey + spacebar shortcut to switch keyboards was working, but didn't show the list of available keyboards on a first press of the keys. It wouldn't appear until the second press, making it difficult to see which one was being selected. That too is back to normal now.

10. Seelgram Win User
    Thanks, it help me a lot with my FRA (french) in my taskbar, i added english uk keyboard and removed it and now it's gone. Thanks!!!

Seelgram, Jul 19, 2017
  11. cereberus Win User
    Real PITA is if you remove it, it can get reinstated. This is because OS hides US keyboard, and it can get reinvoke when using software that has on screen keyboard ability. I use splashtop for remote access and it always reinstated it. Other times it just reappears for no obvious reason. This is not a bug per second, and is not new - happened on 8.1 as well.

cereberus, Jul 19, 2017
  12. lx07 Win User
    What language Windows do you install, en-US or en-GB?

This only happens to me if I install en-US (which I normally do) and use a non US keyboard (always French). After clean install I always get the US keyboard as a second option. I delete it (through old control panel) but it comes back seemingly at random (thanks for the tip about onscreen keyboard).

If system (not display) language matches keyboard on OOBE I don't get the error - i.e. if I install fr-FR not en-US.

13. Bree New Member

My install is en-gb, but it still happens to me. *Sad

14. lx07 Win User
    Oh well, there goes that theory then...

15. The same problem appears on my freshly updated german 1709. I can switch between my DEU (Deutsch/German) and ENG with the keyboard shortcut WIN+Space, but I can't see the entry ENG in the language settings or where I could add another language.

If I add this English (US) entry - even If I never need it - change it to "Default", then change my DEU entry back to "Default" and remove the ENG (US) entry, the needless icon ENG on the taskbar disappear.

Strange thing...*Think

WTenNewbie, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to remove ENG language bar/icon from taskbar? - Similar Threads - remove ENG language

2. How to remove a language from taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove a language from taskbar?: Hi,I have 2 preferred languages yet also have 3 languages appearing in the task bar menu options, I cannot understand why as I have only 2 languages set up in Language & Region settings as preferred and that 3rd language is not even downloaded, how do I completely remove this...
  3. How to remove a language from taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove a language from taskbar?: Hi,I have 2 preferred languages yet also have 3 languages appearing in the task bar menu options, I cannot understand why as I have only 2 languages set up in Language & Region settings as preferred and that 3rd language is not even downloaded, how do I completely remove this...
  4. How to remove a language from taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to hide ENG button from taskbar ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to hide ENG button from taskbar ?: At the right corner, there is an ENG IN button, I'm not able to hide it.Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-hide-eng-button-from-taskbar/2def9a03-6fea-4c02-b3d2-59d20a38d555
  6. How to remove Language Switcher Icon from Taskbar in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove Language Switcher Icon from Taskbar in Windows 11: [ATTACH]In this post, we will help you remove the language switcher icon or language bar icon from the taskbar in Windows 11. Language switcher in Windows 11 helps to quickly change the input language or keyboard layout. You can either use Win+Space hotkey or click on its...
  7. How to remove "ENG" from taskbar in 20H2

How to remove "ENG" from taskbar in 20H2: [IMG] [ATTACH] There is a ENG icon in my taskbar, how do I remove that? I searched community and there was a old post on this one but that doesn't work for me....
  8. How to remove 'ENG' icon from the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove 'ENG' icon from the taskbar?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Comboxer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hua8dn/how_to_remove_eng_icon_from_the_taskbar/
  9. How to remove a language from the bar

How to remove a language from the bar: Hi everyone! I have actually 3 languages in my keyboard list, near the clock in the bottom-right side of the monitor. I would to remove the italian, since i never use it. How can i do it? into the option menu, i can see only 2: [ATTACH]...
  10. How do I remove "ENG CS" as a 2nd language and "ENG US" from the system tray

How do I remove "ENG CS" as a 2nd language and "ENG US" from the system tray: I reset my Win10 laptop back to factory and wiped all of my personal data so I could send it in for repairs. I don't know why or how it happened, but during the reinstallation process I suddenly had "ENG US" and "ENG CS" (Czech) come up as my two language options. Now "ENG...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows keyboard eng taskbar remove

2. remove eng us from taskbar

3. remove ENG off taskbar

4. how to remove eng from taskbar