Windows 10: How to remove entries from current boot menu

Discus and support How to remove entries from current boot menu in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have the following entries in my system start up: Windows 10 Windows 10 Windows 7 How do I remove the last two entries so startup just shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by trinaz, Jan 6, 2016.

1. trinaz Win User

How to remove entries from current boot menu

I have the following entries in my system start up:

Windows 10
    Windows 10
    Windows 7

How do I remove the last two entries so startup just shows one Windows 10 only or just boots right into Windows 10 without a start screen ?

Thanks....TiminAz

:)

trinaz, Jan 6, 2016

2. Volume Labels when Dual Bootong

It was perfect. Once again the community has performed Magnificently.

Thanks a lot to both of you.

Michael-Bereece, Jan 6, 2016
  3. Volume Labels when Dual Bootong

To rename boot menu entries or labels, you can follow a helpful solution from a thread answered by Dena B on this link:

Rename boot menu entries

Let us know how it goes.

Jenicel Dri, Jan 6, 2016
  4. JohnC Win User

You can use msconfig. Type *Start + R and msconfig in the box hit ok click on the boot tab highlight the os you want to be the default(note that the os you are using is called current os), click on "set as default" and click apply and ok then set the timeout box (still in that tab) to zero seconds and reboot. This will retain everything in case you ever want to go back. But you will not see the boot screen at startup since the amount of time the boot screen is shown will be set to zero seconds.

How to remove entries from current boot menu [​IMG]

JohnC, Jan 6, 2016
Thema:

1. How to remove entries from current boot menu - Similar Threads - remove entries current

2. How to remove Windows Boot Manager entry from one disk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove Windows Boot Manager entry from one disk?: Hello. I have an Acer laptop with Nvme2 disk which I have windows installed on it. I have decided to add secondary 2,5" SSD Samsung EVO 860 and did it. This SSD was used in my previous laptop, it was a main disk, I had windows and all the files there.So before moving to a new...
  3. How to remove Windows Boot Manager entry from one disk?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove Windows Boot Manager entry from one disk?: Hello. I have an Acer laptop with Nvme2 disk which I have windows installed on it. I have decided to add secondary 2,5" SSD Samsung EVO 860 and did it. This SSD was used in my previous laptop, it was a main disk, I had windows and all the files there.So before moving to a new...
  4. Remove right click menu entry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove right click menu entry: Hi, recently I installed a software game which created an entry in the right-click menu of desktop i.e. this entry only appears when I right-click on the desktop. Below is a screenshot of it. [ATTACH] Now, I want to remove it but I don't know how to do it,...
  5. WinRE, add boot menu entry

WinRE, add boot menu entry: 1909 Anyone know how to do it? (The internal drive's WinRE.) 160075
  6. Entries in the Start Menu can't be removed

Entries in the Start Menu can't be removed: Hi there, I have two entries in my Start Menu that can't be removed. Both the programs have been uninstalled from my computer, but their entries are still there. I tried: Going to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs to remove them there, but they aren't...
  7. How do I remove this entry from the Desktop's context menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remove this entry from the Desktop's context menu?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Kololos [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dz0jza/how_do_i_remove_this_entry_from_the_desktops/
  8. How to remove OneDrive entries from right click context menu

How to remove OneDrive entries from right click context menu: Hi, this is my first post and I hope this is the right forum section. I'm trying to make Windows 10 more "personal", adding/removing some features according to my needs. Now I'm customising the right click context menu and I'd like to remove OneDrive entries, without...
  9. How to remove entry's from startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to remove entry's from startup: Hello all,is there a way to remove entry's from the startup menu? I know you can disable them but i would like to remove entry's to some programs that are not even on my computer but are still listed in the startup menu as disabled. (I like to keep things looking neat)*Smile...
  10. Removing a OS from boot menu?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing a OS from boot menu?: So i got a new hard drive and installed it few days ago and when i boot up, it asks me every time, which OS i want to boot up. This gets annoying since I only have 1 and I can't find the boot.ini anywhere and websites don't specify how to remove an OS from the boot up screen....