Windows 10: How to remove Mail app unread notification badge

Discus and support How to remove Mail app unread notification badge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I just noticed a red circle with "1" in the middle on top of my mail app taskbar icon when I rebooted my PC but I cleared out the inbox and it remains.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by xlxcrossing, Sep 10, 2015.

1. How to remove Mail app unread notification badge

I just noticed a red circle with "1" in the middle on top of my mail app taskbar icon when I rebooted my PC but I cleared out the inbox and it remains. The notification badge bugs me like beckoning me to do something. I've checked all settings in app and Windows. Does anyone know how to turn it off?

:)

xlxcrossing, Sep 10, 2015

2. Windows 10 mail unread counter.

I have just started using the mail app in windows 10. When i get emails i get my notifications fine but when open the mail app, the unread counter clears. I would like the counter to go down as i open each individual piece of mail. If i get 10 emails and
    read 5 of them then leave my pc for a while, when i come back i would like to see the badge displaying 5 unread emails. How can i do this please?

LoVveeYouu, Sep 10, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Mail App Live Tile Won't Update!

Bought a Surface Pro 4 a couple days and I set up my Exchange Work E-mail and my hotmail email in the mail app. Ran into the same issue. The Badge Number (1,2,3/etc...) show up and they keep increasing in number if I get new e-mails. But I'll read those
    e-mails and delete them and the Badge Number never goes down. I don't have any other mail stuff pinned to the start screen.

With this issue and other issues that are plaguing the Surface Pro 4, I'm returning the device.

How can such a simple feature not work properly? If there's an unread e-mail, show a badge number. If it's deleted, reduce the badge number by 1. Pretty ridiculous.

Elan Shudnow, Sep 10, 2015
Thema:

How to remove Mail app unread notification badge

1. How to remove Mail app unread notification badge - Similar Threads - remove Mail app

2. any way to disable the ''windows mail notification badge''?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    any way to disable the ''windows mail notification badge''?: Hi,so i was wondering if it is possible to disable the email badge notification thingy on the taskbar for a specific emailone of my emails gets a bunch of spam and 99/100 times it says i have a new email so i check it and it turns out its the spam email accountwich isnt too...
  3. any way to disable the ''windows mail notification badge''?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    any way to disable the ''windows mail notification badge''?: Hi,so i was wondering if it is possible to disable the email badge notification thingy on the taskbar for a specific emailone of my emails gets a bunch of spam and 99/100 times it says i have a new email so i check it and it turns out its the spam email accountwich isnt too...
  4. any way to disable the ''windows mail notification badge''?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I fix the notification badge in the email app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix the notification badge in the email app?: Everything worked fine with the email app up until recently, its notification badge keeps showing me that I have 2 unread emails even if I don't. I even removed my accounts as you can see in the picture in order to fix it but nothing works...how can I fix it?...
  6. How do I fix the notification badge in the email app?

How do I fix the notification badge in the email app?: Everything worked fine with the email app up until recently, its notification badge keeps showing me that I have 2 unread emails even if I don't. I even removed my accounts as you can see in the picture in order to fix it but nothing works...how can I fix it?...
  7. How do I fix the notification badge in the email app?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows Mail app not showing any badges/notifications for gmail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Mail app not showing any badges/notifications for gmail: With the latest Mail update the Windows 10 mail app is not showing any badge notifications or any notifications at all for gmail accounts. Verified that all notifications work just fine for outlook accounts just not gmail. Have tried uninstalling, resetting etc. but still no...
  9. Taskbar Mail icon keeps showng unread email badge

Taskbar Mail icon keeps showng unread email badge: Hi! I got the email icon on my taskbar that keeps showing unread emails, even though I don't. I tried everything such as synicing but it doesn't go away. Do you have any solution? Thanks...
  10. Mail icon shows one notification although there are no unread mails

in Browsers and Email
    Mail icon shows one notification although there are no unread mails: The Windows Mail Icon in my taskbar persists in showing me that there is one notification, even though I have no unread emails and there is no notification in the Action Centre. Is there an easy way to clear this? I have tried selecting all and marking as read then as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 mail app badge not showing unread email number