Windows 10: How to Remove MEGA in Navigation Pane

Discus and support How to Remove MEGA in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Was perfect! Now I have another problem... How to Remove MEGA in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 Anyone knows it? TY! 84475 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by izualest, May 14, 2017.

1. izualest Win User

How to Remove MEGA in Navigation Pane

Hi,

Was perfect! Now I have another problem... How to Remove MEGA in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10

Anyone knows it?

TY!

:)

izualest, May 14, 2017
  2. RobertJWin, May 14, 2017
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    How to make file explorer look more simple?

Remove the Navigation pane:

File Explorer > View tab > Panes group > Navigation pane dropdown box > remove the check mark from Navigation Pane

BulldogXX, May 14, 2017
  4. jl2509 Win User

If you are referring to MEGA as the Sync client for storage, easiest way is to uninstall MEGA.
    If you want to remove the MEGA entry from the navigation pane, but continue to use MEGA, then post a screen shot to show where it is listed.

There may then be a chance of finding a solution

Hope this helps

jl2509, May 14, 2017
  5. izualest Win User
    Ty!!!!

How to Remove MEGA in Navigation Pane [​IMG]

izualest, May 14, 2017
  6. jl2509 Win User
    Are you wanting to remove the MEGA application or just the quick access shortcut as shown?
    Do you use mega?
    Is MEGA installed?
    To check if MEGA is installed, run Powershell and copy/paste the following command. Alist of installed aplication swill be detailed. Review the list to find MEGA.

Get-ItemProperty HKLM:\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\* | Select-Object DisplayName, DisplayVersion, Publisher, InstallDate | Format-Table –AutoSize

To remove just the shortcut, right click the icon and select unpin from quick access or remove from quick access
    To remove the entire application and the icon in the Navigation pane, uninstall from the control panel.

hope this helps

jl2509, May 14, 2017
  7. izualest Win User
    Hi!

I use MEGA, i just want to remove the shortcut in the Navigation Pane. In this case was so easy with right button *Sick

TY!

izualest, May 14, 2017
  8. jl2509 Win User

To remove just the shortcut, right click the icon and select unpin from quick access or remove from quick access

jl2509, May 14, 2017
  9. Integro Win User
    Wow guys, did anyone read the question.

Try this izualest:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{CAEB938D-211C-4C45-B35D-AE53F1C77167}]
    @="MEGAsync"
    "System.IsPinnedToNameSpaceTree"=dword:00000000
    "SortOrderIndex"=dword:00000000

Copy this to Notepad, save it, and change the extension from .txt to .reg and then run it.

Alternatively you can just search for the key using regedit (Ctrl+F for find to open search within regedit) and type MEGAsync.
    When you find IsPinnedToNameSpaceTree, just open the key and change the value from 1 to 0.

NB: You'll probably have to do this everytime MEGAsync updates unless you edit the permissions to prevent that, but if you just save the .reg file, you can run it anytime, or even schedule a task to run it once a month or something.

All the best.

Integro, Aug 3, 2017
  10. Integro Win User
    For anyone else picking up this thread. There's an easier way too:
    How to Remove MEGA in Navigation Pane [​IMG]

Just tick this box *Smile

Integro, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to Remove MEGA in Navigation Pane - Similar Threads - Remove MEGA Navigation

2. Unable to remove duplicate drives in the navigation pane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove duplicate drives in the navigation pane: Hi how are you, I am unable to remove the duplicate drivers in the navigation pane. I have removed the key F5FB2C77-0E2F-4A16-A381-3E560C68BC83 from the regedit and also unchecked the show al folders and show library issue under the Navigation Pane. Still no luck....
  3. Navigation Pane.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Navigation Pane.: What's going on with this update? I only updated because it forced me to.My OCD can't take this ****.How do I remove this? I can't for some reason revert back to the previous version Also if someone can tell me how to stop updates from occurring ever....
  4. Navigation Pane.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Navigation Pane.: What's going on with this update? I only updated because it forced me to.My OCD can't take this ****.How do I remove this? I can't for some reason revert back to the previous version Also if someone can tell me how to stop updates from occurring ever....
  5. navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    navigation pane: where do I control the navigation pane in w10 113744
  6. remove DropBox from navigation pane

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove DropBox from navigation pane: hello Mr Shawn Brink *Smile i tried to PM you, but the system didn't let me, since this is my first post :P following the text from the PM: " I just did read (and do) your instructions about removing OneDrive from the left explorer-pane. (and the quick-access pane)...
  7. How to remove OneDrive from navigation pane of File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove OneDrive from navigation pane of File Explorer: Thanks Brink Another (similar) question in case you know the answer or have time to have a look at it. I moved my OneDrive folder to my E:\ drive on Surface Pro. A OneDrive icon has now appeared at the top of my FE navigation pane, which I would like to remove or hide. I...
  8. Remove User from navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove User from navigation Pane: Hello, any idea about how to remove the user (Ciccio in the picture) from the navigation pane (and/or from the save as windows)? [img] 11775
  9. Removing entries in navigation pane?

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing entries in navigation pane?: My navigation pane shows Joseph Simpson (‘my name’) & My PC. Under My PC (expanded) I can see my external H-drives; but they do not show under ‘my name’. Both are almost the same as far as entries (Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, etc. etc. Would it be safe to move most...
  10. Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane: Can anyone tell me how to get the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer to expand to show the sub folders. If I right click the folder, 'Expand' is greyed out. This has only happened since the AU. Thank you 64888

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stop mega adding Icons to Navigation Pane

2. [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{CAEB938D-211C-4C45-B35D-AE53F1C77167}] @=MEGAsync System.IsPinnedToNameSpaceTree=dword:00000000 SortOrderIndex=dword:00000000