Windows 10: How to remove monitor's black borders after installing win 10

Discus and support How to remove monitor's black borders after installing win 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After win10's installation my external monitor has black borders. This was happening also with win7 after installation. with catalyst control center... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GCF, Jul 31, 2015.

1. GCF
    GCF Win User

How to remove monitor's black borders after installing win 10

After win10's installation my external monitor has black borders.

This was happening also with win7 after installation. with catalyst control center [which I cannot open anymore in win 10 :-(...] I could easily fix the issue:

- open Catalyst Control Center
    - go to My Digital Flat-Panels
    - choose Scaling Options
    - slide the slider all the way to the right (so that it is a 0%)

So, this is a monitor scaling options (or border padding I think in windows) issue that I need to fix. I search everywhere but I cannot find any fix in win10.

My apologies if this is not the right place where to post my question. If this is the case, or if the question is already answered, please let me know where should I go to find an answer.

Thanks in advance!

Gian

:)

2. How to resize windows 10

How to resize windows 10 to the edge of the monitor, and not have a black border around the monitor

GUSSABELLA, Jul 31, 2015
  3. mabaguley Win User
    windows 10 - black edge

I have a black border on my windows 10 monitor screen. How can I make it go to the edge?

mabaguley, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

How to remove monitor's black borders after installing win 10

1. How to remove monitor's black borders after installing win 10 - Similar Threads - remove monitor's black

2. How to fix an occasional flickering black border on active monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix an occasional flickering black border on active monitor?: Several users at a firm I do helpdesk IT work for have been experiencing a problem with occasional black borders appearing around their "active" i.e. monitor displaying a word document actively being typed into. The black borders persist for approximately 1-5 seconds and...
  3. How to fix an occasional flickering black border on active monitor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix an occasional flickering black border on active monitor?: Several users at a firm I do helpdesk IT work for have been experiencing a problem with occasional black borders appearing around their "active" i.e. monitor displaying a word document actively being typed into. The black borders persist for approximately 1-5 seconds and...
  4. Asus Monitor How to remove black borders from the screen?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Asus Monitor How to remove black borders from the screen?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Since today I have a 2mm wide black border around the screen and no matter what I try, I can't get it on full screen, so the whole space is used. Asus Monitor Schwarze Bildschirmrand wie entfernen?
  5. Black border around my monitors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black border around my monitors: i have black borders around both of my monitors, saw it abaout a week ago. Tried fixing it by looking at websites and stuff but found nothing that helped, it doesnt bother me but i want it gone, and i cant put my mouse on the black bar so i cant take a screenshot...
  6. Black border all around monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black border all around monitor: Hi there, I recently upgraded my PC to Windows 10 pro. And I'm having black border all around my screen. I know that I need to get to Catalyst control to fix it but I don't have the right driver to do that. Can you help me get the right driver? Dell Studio XPS 435T...
  7. Black border around monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black border around monitor: I'm running Intel HD graphics on a Acer inspire 15.6", upon restart my monitor, 1366x768 aspect ratio, has two inch black bars on each side of the display and 1 inch black bars on the bottom and top. My drivers are updated and I know this is called a shrinked monitor but I...
  8. How to remove monitor's black borders after installing win 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to remove monitor's black borders after installing win 10: After win10's installation my external monitor has black borders. This was happening also with win7 after installation. with catalyst control center [which I cannot open anymore in win 10 :-(...] I could easily fix the issue: - open Catalyst Control Center - go to...
  9. How to remove monitor's black borders after installing win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to remove monitor's black borders after installing win 10: After win10's installation my external monitor has black borders. This was happening also with win7 after installation. with catalyst control center [which I cannot open anymore in win 10 :-(...as I have an ATI Mobility Radeon HD4670 which is not supported] I could...
  10. Black screen after installing WIN 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after installing WIN 10: Hello evreryone, When upgrading my TABLET (not a PC) from Win 8.1 to Win 10, windows system told me that I don't have enough memory space to install win 10 and give to me the option that I can use a micro SD card memory to install win 10. I choose this option and insert a...