Windows 10: How to remove Multiple Network Connections?

Discus and support How to remove Multiple Network Connections? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a pocket Wifi Device, however, it is NOT using Wifi connection, as I have it connected to my PC using an USB Cable. Every morning I turn on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Yeremyah, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Yeremyah Win User

How to remove Multiple Network Connections?

I have a pocket Wifi Device, however, it is NOT using Wifi connection, as I have it connected to my PC using an USB Cable. Every morning I turn on my PC, it creates a new network connection, for example "Network 7"

How do I remove Network 1 to 6, and where are they located?

And how do I stop it from happening, as it seems it will keep going to Network 8, then Network 9 and so on.

Thanks*Smile

:)

Yeremyah, Oct 30, 2015
  2. GregE_KC Win User

Old not connected device shows up in Devices and Drives area of Windows Explorer - Win 10

My wife's laptop has Windows 10 installed and working. From one of her previous wireless networks 'Network Discovery' was turned on for a while. A co-workers MacBook Pro shows up under the "Devices and Drives" area in Windows Explorer... Have tried multiple
    things to remove it but no luck.

The old computer is not connected to the same network

It doesn't show up in Devices and Printers

I see no obvious driver in Device Manager for it

How do I remove that device from the Devices and Drives area?

Thanks,

Greg

GregE_KC, Oct 30, 2015
  3. How to remove multiple notifications in the settings?

Hi Squad,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand how frustrating it could be when things go unusual. I will certainly help you.

To guide you in right direction we want to know:

Do you get this multiple notifications only with anti logger apps as shown in screenshot?

We suggest you to follow the below steps and check:

1. In search type settings

2. Notification and settings

3. Disable the show app notification.

Perform clean boot to identify if any 3rd party service is causing this issue:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After performing the troubleshooting steps in clean boot, follow
    Step 3 from the link to start the computer to Normal startup mode.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Deepak..Raghav, Oct 30, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Oct 31, 2015
  5. Yeremyah Win User
    That didn't work.

Any other suggestions anyone?

Whenever I turn on my PC in the morning, Windows 10 asks me if I want to share my Ethernet network, and then names it differetly each time, for example, it started with Network, then Network1, now it's up to Network 14.

How do I stop this? And where are the Network 1 to Network 13 stored so I can delete them?

Yeremyah, Nov 2, 2015
  6. Yeremyah Win User
    It keeps doing it.. I turned on PC again this morning and now it says "Network 18", it keeps going up and up and up.

How do I STOP THIS and how to I DELETE Network 1 to Network 17?

Yeremyah, Nov 4, 2015
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Open regedit and search for ethernet 13, see what that finds? Should get you to the right key at least.

Make a backup of the registry before changing though or create a System Restore Point.

Ztruker, Nov 5, 2015
  8. Yeremyah Win User

Nothing shows up!

Any other ideas?

Yeremyah, Nov 5, 2015
  9. Ztruker Win User
    My error. Should search for network 13.

Ztruker, Nov 6, 2015
  10. Yeremyah Win User
    Searched registry, NOTHING shows up.

Very strange. Any other suggestions?

Yeremyah, Nov 6, 2015
  11. Ztruker Win User
    This command should list the interfaces defined.

netsh interface show interface

For me, it shows:

Code: Admin State State Type Interface Name ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Enabled Connected Dedicated VirtualBox Host-Only Network Enabled Disconnected Dedicated Wi-Fi Enabled Connected Dedicated Ethernet[/quote] Then use netsh delete profile interface= InterfaceName to delete the ones you don't want.

See here: Netsh Commands for Wired Local Area Network (LAN) in Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2

Ztruker, Nov 7, 2015
  12. Yeremyah Win User
    Then use netsh delete profile interface= InterfaceName to delete the ones you don't want.

See here: Netsh Commands for Wired Local Area Network (LAN) in Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2[/quote] I been able to delete them all, I went into this area using Regedit:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles

However, how do I now STOP this happening again and again?

Yeremyah, Nov 7, 2015
  13. Ztruker Win User

I think this is due to connecting via USB, not sure you can do anything about it, at least I couldn't find anything.
    What is the make and model number of the device?

Ztruker, Nov 8, 2015
  14. Yeremyah Win User
    Telstra 4G Wifi

Yeremyah, Nov 8, 2015
  15. Ztruker Win User
    Have you tried contacting Telstra? If this is happening often then they may have a fix or a workaround for it.

Ztruker, Nov 9, 2015
Thema:

1. How to remove Multiple Network Connections? - Similar Threads - remove Multiple Network

2. Multiple versions of home network appear in network connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple versions of home network appear in network connections: In network connections my computer consistently shows multiple versions of my home network; I have a Fios router and the name of the network is MOTOR18, however, there are always at least 4 'MOTOR 18' networks shown, and also always 'MOTOR18 2, MOTOR18 3,' and so on. They all...
  3. Multiple versions of home network appear in network connections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple versions of home network appear in network connections: In network connections my computer consistently shows multiple versions of my home network; I have a Fios router and the name of the network is MOTOR18, however, there are always at least 4 'MOTOR 18' networks shown, and also always 'MOTOR18 2, MOTOR18 3,' and so on. They all...
  4. Multiple versions of home network appear in network connections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Win11 Network Connection added and removed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 Network Connection added and removed: GDay All,Motherboard = Asus ROG Strix X570-E GamingBIOS Version = 4408Since Windows 11 was released I seem to be having an issue with Windows update changing my network connections. This does not occur at every Windows update, but it happens often enough to be a PITA. It may...
  6. Win11 Network Connection added and removed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 Network Connection added and removed: GDay All,Motherboard = Asus ROG Strix X570-E GamingBIOS Version = 4408Since Windows 11 was released I seem to be having an issue with Windows update changing my network connections. This does not occur at every Windows update, but it happens often enough to be a PITA. It may...
  7. Multiple ethernet network connections

Multiple ethernet network connections: I carry my laptop between work and home frequently. At work, I have an assigned IP address. And at home, I am using DHCP. Right now, if I switch to DHCP, then I have to reenter my assigned IP address when I take the laptop to work. Is there someway to set up two "identities"...
  8. How to remove unwanted network connection?

How to remove unwanted network connection?: Why delete button become grey color? May I know how to delete so many unwanted network connection. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-unwanted-network-connection/4d9d2f95-a350-44dc-8021-c3ff8d396bc6
  9. Multiple Network connections

Multiple Network connections: Can someone please tell me how to get rid of these connections. [img] I have tried disabling them. Is it safe to delete them..? and is it safe to do so. Thanks. 65209
  10. How to auto connect to multiple wifi networks?

How to auto connect to multiple wifi networks?: Hi all. Can you help me configure my Win10 to automatically connect to multiple wifi networks? I have wifi at home so when I get to the office I have to configure the "manage wifi settings" on my laptop, click "forget" my home wifi, and manually enter the office wifi...