Windows 10: How to remove OneDrive desktop icon

Discus and support How to remove OneDrive desktop icon in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After upgrade of Win7 to Win10 I got an Onedrive icon on my desktop. It can't be deleted. [img] [img] Is there a way to disable this icon in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by zdzdz, Jan 11, 2016.

1. zdzdz Win User

How to remove OneDrive desktop icon

After upgrade of Win7 to Win10 I got an Onedrive icon on my desktop. It can't be deleted.

How to remove OneDrive desktop icon [​IMG]

How to remove OneDrive desktop icon [​IMG]

Is there a way to disable this icon in the registry? What is the guid?

:)

zdzdz, Jan 11, 2016

2. How to remove onedrive icon from desktop

My computer restarted and there is now a OneDrive icon on my desktop. I cannot remove or delete the icon.

I do not use OneDrive. How do I remove the OneDrive icon from the desktop?

DougVillaire, Jan 11, 2016
  3. How to remove onedrive icon from desktop

I had mentioned in the other posts, the icon is not listed in Task Manager. So I don't think there is a process running. It just appeared on my desktop after a restart. Originally, I disabled it from showing up in the File Explorer. So I think this is why
    the process is not running. I could not uninstall it from the Programs and Features because it was not listed there.

Also, now it appears to have been uninstalled (not sure how, since I never uninstalled it). The icon now looks like an icon that is not associated with any thing. It is still on my desktop and cannot be removed. When I right click on it, there is no option
    to exit or delete it. And again it is not running in Task Manager.

Is there a way to manually edit something that will remove an icon from the desk top?

DougVillaire, Jan 11, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello zdzdz, *Smile

Downloading and merging the .reg file below should remove the OneDrive desktop icon for you. You may need to either refresh (F5) the desktop or log out/in to fully apply.

See also: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

Remove_OneDrive_Desktop_Icon.reg

(contents)
    Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 ; Created by: Shawn ; Windows 10 Help Forums ; Remove OneDrive icon from desktop [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel] "{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}"=dword:00000001 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\ClassicStartMenu] "{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}"=dword:00000001 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel] "{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}"=dword:00000001 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\ClassicStartMenu] "{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}"=dword:00000001[/quote]

Brink, Jan 11, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to remove OneDrive desktop icon - Similar Threads - remove OneDrive desktop

2. How to remove desktop from Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove desktop from Onedrive: My pc has moved my desktop into my Onedrive and now it keeps backing up all the thousands of photos i had on the desktop. How do I move my desktop out of Onedrive and back to where it was last week?I have tried the steps on this thread but when i get to the Desktop Properties...
  3. How to remove desktop from Onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove desktop from Onedrive: My pc has moved my desktop into my Onedrive and now it keeps backing up all the thousands of photos i had on the desktop. How do I move my desktop out of Onedrive and back to where it was last week?I have tried the steps on this thread but when i get to the Desktop Properties...
  4. OneDrive Desktop icons

OneDrive Desktop icons: At my org, we are pushing URL links/shortcut icons to the desktop via Group Policy. Two thirds of our users are O365 and half of those use OneDrive. When nurses sign-in to their exam room computers, GPO is pushing icons to the desktop such as time clock, our intranet page,...
  5. OneDrive Desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive Desktop icons: At my org, we are pushing URL links/shortcut icons to the desktop via Group Policy. Two thirds of our users are O365 and half of those use OneDrive. When nurses sign-in to their exam room computers, GPO is pushing icons to the desktop such as time clock, our intranet page,...
  6. How to Remove OneDrive Desktop Icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Remove OneDrive Desktop Icon in Windows 10: How to Remove OneDrive Desktop Icon in Windows 10. I can't remove it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-onedrive-desktop-icon-in-windows-10/5e32833f-3c55-4299-9a21-15d5e0ff460a
  7. How to Remove OneDrive Desktop Icon in Windows 10

How to Remove OneDrive Desktop Icon in Windows 10: How to Remove OneDrive Desktop Icon in Windows 10. I can't remove it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-onedrive-desktop-icon-in-windows-10/5e32833f-3c55-4299-9a21-15d5e0ff460a
  8. How to Remove OneDrive Desktop Icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. icons missing on desktop and taskbar after removing OneDrive and ...

in Windows 10 Support
    icons missing on desktop and taskbar after removing OneDrive and ...: I uninstalled OneDrive earlier today, and it has turned out to be a BIG mistake. There are now no icons on my desktop except the Recycle Bin, and all icons have disappeared from my task bar except for the standard Microsoft apps (volume, battery, network etc.). A couple of...
  10. Add or Remove OneDrive Desktop Icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove OneDrive Desktop Icon in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove OneDrive Desktop Icon in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove OneDrive Desktop Icon in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can easily save your files to OneDrive and get to them from any device, like your PC, tablet, or phone. OneDrive...