Windows 10: How to remove onedrive for business but keep onedrive personal

Discus and support How to remove onedrive for business but keep onedrive personal in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I had both personal and business onedrive accounts on my computer. I no longer need the business account so I unlinked the pc and signed out. I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by yaynative, Dec 1, 2016.

1. yaynative Win User

How to remove onedrive for business but keep onedrive personal

I had both personal and business onedrive accounts on my computer. I no longer need the business account so I unlinked the pc and signed out. I can't get rid of the location in file explorer and I get a constant nag to log in to business onedrive. I no longer have access to the business account.

I have tried everything I could find online but it normally "fixes" the personal too so I have to reverse it. As you can see in the attached image the account in yellow is the one I wish to remove. It doesn't even sync anything at the moment.

How to remove onedrive for business but keep onedrive personal [​IMG]

:)

yaynative, Dec 1, 2016
  2. Chanh S. Win User

OneDrive for Business and Personal OneDrive Sync

Hello NeilMacCuish,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Support. I understand you have some questions about the accounts on your phone, specifically Onedrive and Office 365. In order to get a better idea of what's going on, I'd like to go over a few things:

• Have you been using a Microsoft Account on the phone for some time for personal use, which you now want to change to just business-only, specifically for Office 365? From your description, it sounds like you want to change the primary alias used on your
      Windows Phone.
    • If changing the Microsoft Account on your phone is what you had intended, please note that if you do follow through with this, your purchase history for apps and games for Windows Phone will be lost, as the licenses are tied directly to the Microsoft Account
      itself.
    • Do your Office 365 documents not show up when you add your business-only account to the phone?
    • When opening up the Office App on the phone, it will always default to showing the Office-compatible documents from the primary Microsoft Account of the phone. The only way to change the primary account on the phone would be a factory reset. You'll want
      to back up any content before doing this.
    Feel free to get back to us when you can and we'll go from there.

Regards,

Chanh S., Dec 1, 2016
  3. OneDrive for Business and Personal OneDrive Sync

PS I've also managed to foul my personal account in some form such that I've had to create a second display name in the community so I could post, hence the VG tag

NeilMacCuishVG, Dec 1, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

If you installed OneDrive for Business from your O365 for Business portal, you will see two OneDrive entries in Start menu. In this case you might get lucky simply by uninstalling the OneDrive for Business:

How to remove onedrive for business but keep onedrive personal [​IMG]

Notice that this only applies if you have installed it from O365 portal as part of Office 2016 desktop suite. If you did not separately install Office suite but instead just added a workplace OneDrive account to existing OneDrive, your Start menu only has one entry for OneDrive; in that case do not uninstall it as it would also uninstall the personal OneDrive.

Kari, Dec 1, 2016
  5. yaynative Win User
    Unfortunately I can't uninstall by right clicking.

yaynative, Dec 1, 2016
  6. nutmix Win User
    Did anyone find a solution to this? I have the same issue. I dont know what O365 portal is. I installed office personal, then did some magic to get onedrive to also sync a separate business account (it was not easy). NowI want to remove the buseinss onedrive, and if I do anything to disable any onedrive, it always disables both.

nutmix, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to remove onedrive for business but keep onedrive personal - Similar Threads - remove onedrive business

2. Onedrive Business & Personal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive Business & Personal: If you want to put personal and business onedrive account on the same computer with the same email address do you just need to have different usernames? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-business-personal/1f640046-b050-4bce-9bb4-0586fa629d91
  3. Onedrive Business & Personal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive Business & Personal: If you want to put personal and business onedrive account on the same computer with the same email address do you just need to have different usernames? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-business-personal/1f640046-b050-4bce-9bb4-0586fa629d91
  4. OneDrive-Personal Keeps Disconnecting

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive-Personal Keeps Disconnecting: Why does my OneDrive application keep disconnecting stopping and then moving itself out of the system tray on my task bar? How do I get it back and restart OneDrive? I have gone to the start menu, typed in onedrive, but the application did not reboot/start. I am unable to...
  5. How can I transfer files from OneDrive personal to OneDrive for Business?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I transfer files from OneDrive personal to OneDrive for Business?: How can i transfer some of my files from OneDrive personal to my OneDrive for Business https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-transfer-files-from-onedrive-personal-to/661c0ee6-3012-44c4-866b-c307ed0905ec"
  6. OneDrive Business

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Business: Files on my PC wont open or attach any more https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-business/34e0ec66-8452-4950-99e2-97505e53c4e8
  7. Change OneDrive personal to Business

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change OneDrive personal to Business: I already use the 5GB OneDrive for personal use. I have absolutely no need for Office 365 so the personal upgrade does not work for me. So I am considering purchase a OneDrive 1TB Business plan so I can back up all my files to the cloud rather than using local storage....
  8. OneDrive Personal vs. OneDrive Business and "Special folders" in Windows

OneDrive Personal vs. OneDrive Business and "Special folders" in Windows: Hi, I have two OneDrive accounts (not really sure why anymore, as I cancelled my personal Office365 in favour of Business Office265). So - my new PC now has two OneDrive icons on the taskbar, and the personal one with 5GB space is almost full. I am trying to get the content...
  9. How to start OneDrive personal sync on a Win10 that is using OneDrive for Business?

How to start OneDrive personal sync on a Win10 that is using OneDrive for Business?: On my previous computer I had OneDrive personal and OneDrive for Business co-existing. I just got a new Windows 10 PC and it has my OneDrive for Business set up on it. I'm unable to start (install?) OneDrive sync personal on it. In the search bar if I type in OneDrive the...
  10. OneDrive personal vs OneDrive for business vs GoogleDrive

OneDrive personal vs OneDrive for business vs GoogleDrive: Just curious to know: from a technical point of view: what are the differences between OneDrive personal, the default OneDrive or the one coming with 365, versus OneDrive for Business? Background: there may be applications, like SnagIt, that do support OneDrive for Business,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to remove onedrive for business but keep onedrive personal

2. how do you keep personal one drive and remove onedrive for business

3. keep ondrive personal and delete onedrive business

4. how to disable one drive business but keep onedrive personal in windows 10,
  5. remove onedrive for business but keep onedrive personal from explorer,
  6. remove default onedrive on keep onedrive for business,
  7. I want OneDrive but not OneDrive for Business.,
  8. how do i remove onedrive for business but not onedrive personal,
  9. remove onedrive for business but keep onedrive personal,
  10. how to delete onedrive personal but keep onedrive business accounts ,
  11. onedrive for business remove windows explorer keep personal,
  12. can you remove onedrive for business but keep onedrive personal