Windows 10: How to remove programs from Open With ... More Apps

Discus and support How to remove programs from Open With ... More Apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to remove apps I have opened before with Open with -> Choose another app -> More apps -> Look for another app on this PC. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by aoironowind, Jul 18, 2018.

1. How to remove programs from Open With ... More Apps

Hello,
    I am trying to remove apps I have opened before with Open with -> Choose another app -> More apps -> Look for another app on this PC. The programs I opened through this now listed in my Open with -> More apps.
    I wish to clean this list up but I cannot locate the entries in the registry.
    Could someone help me please?

:)

aoironowind, Jul 18, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 18, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    File Explorer > Open With > remove Windows Store & Metro apps?

A web search for
    remove from open with
    suggests a registry edit
    Remove Programs from the Open With Menu in Explorer

Now note that update checks for universal apps are scheduled every 4 hours.
    I cannot tell you if an update will cause the key to be recreated.

Personally the risk presented by reg. editing outweighs the minor inconvenience of seeing sthg you don't want - and I find I rarely use Open With- and when I do there's a list of desktop programs.

dalchina, Jul 18, 2018
  4. Edwin Win User

How to remove programs from Open With ... More Apps

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

How to remove programs from Open With ... More Apps

1. How to remove programs from Open With ... More Apps - Similar Threads - remove programs Open

2. How to Remove Old Programs from the "Open With" Context Menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Remove Old Programs from the "Open With" Context Menu?: I have uninstalled the old application and replaced it with a new one, but the old icon still appears https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-old-programs-from-the-open-with/0d1ed50c-7bf2-4dbb-a3cd-7ed81fee7260
  3. How to Remove Old Programs from the "Open With" Context Menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Remove Old Programs from the "Open With" Context Menu?: I have uninstalled the old application and replaced it with a new one, but the old icon still appears https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-old-programs-from-the-open-with/0d1ed50c-7bf2-4dbb-a3cd-7ed81fee7260
  4. How to Remove Programs from the Programs and Features/ Apps & Features if the device they...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Remove Programs from the Programs and Features/ Apps & Features if the device they...: Hello,After moving, my External Storage Drive was badly damaged and had various Programs and Games on it.The Programs and Games that I had installed on the drive still show up in my Programs and Features and the Apps & Features sections of Windows and they will not allow me...
  5. How to Remove Programs from the Programs and Features/ Apps & Features if the device they...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Remove Programs from the Programs and Features/ Apps & Features if the device they...: Hello,After moving, my External Storage Drive was badly damaged and had various Programs and Games on it.The Programs and Games that I had installed on the drive still show up in my Programs and Features and the Apps & Features sections of Windows and they will not allow me...
  6. How to Remove Programs from the Programs and Features/ Apps & Features if the device they...

7. How to remove other apps from opening files

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove other apps from opening files: How can I remove a app from opening files? I accidentally set LUA files to be opened with Notepad, how can I revert it so I can see the menu every time....
  8. How to remove specific app from 'open with'?

How to remove specific app from 'open with'?: Hello, Is there a way I can remove an app from the 'Open with' option against a file? Say when I right click a video file and head over to open with, it will list couple of apps and I want a particular app not appear there. Win 10 v 1903 (Build 18362.418) 142844
  9. How to remove specific app from 'open with'?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove specific app from 'open with'?: Hello, Is there a way I can remove an app from the 'Open with' option against a file? Say when I right click a video file and head over to open with, it will list couple of apps and I want a particular app not appear there. Win 10 v 1903 (Build 18362.418) 142844
  10. How to remove programs from Open With ... More Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove programs from Open With ... More Apps: Hello, I am trying to remove apps I have opened before with Open with -> Choose another app -> More apps -> Look for another app on this PC. The programs I opened through this now listed in my Open with -> More apps. I wish to clean this list up but I cannot locate the...