Windows 10: How to Remove Redundant NVidia Control Panel Icon?

Discus and support How to Remove Redundant NVidia Control Panel Icon? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I moved from an NVidia GPU to an AMD GPU a while ago but there is still a residual blank NVidia Control Panel icon in Control Panel. How do I remove... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Steve C, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Steve C Win User

How to Remove Redundant NVidia Control Panel Icon?

I moved from an NVidia GPU to an AMD GPU a while ago but there is still a residual blank NVidia Control Panel icon in Control Panel. How do I remove it? The NVidia drivers were uninstalled a while ago.

:)

Steve C, Dec 16, 2016
  2. auggy Win User

DirectX fails, after Fall creators update

Are you looking at the NVIDIA Control Panel?

In the Control Panel there should be an NVIDIA Control Panel:

Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > NVIDIA Control Panel

You may also be able to access the NVIDIA Control Panel by right-clicking an open area of the Desktop > NVIDIA Control Panel

auggy, Dec 16, 2016
  3. Teddy2016 Win User
    Removing NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS card & Uninstalling NVIDIA driver and software

Hi!

Sys Temp file where disk cleaned. But they had 0 KB, cleaned anyway.

Still in file system

• C:\Program Files
    • C:\ProgramData
    • NVIDIA Control Panel entry in control panel
    I would hate to install the software & drivers again just to see if a clean uninstall would happen. Guess I could go through deleting one by one.

Edited:

Downloaded NVidia drivers form NVidia. Had to reinsert the GeForce 8400GS card to install the software. After install shutdown and removed card and started PC.

Had to use the settings manager > system > Apps & features, to remove all NVidia software. Control panel entry for NVidia control panel was removed. Deleted all NVidia folders from C:\Program Files and C:\ProgramData. C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\ still
    has NVidia entries.

Windows does not completely remove software & drivers. But clean enough.

Teddy2016, Dec 16, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Steve, *Smile

You might see if you may be able to use the method in the tutorial below to remove the NVIDIA icon from the Control Panel.

Control Panel - Hide Icon

Brink, Dec 16, 2016
  5. Steve C Win User
    Yes, that worked. I guess there is an offending registry entry lurking somewhere if I can track it down and delete it with confidence.

Steve C, Dec 16, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Great news.

I hate it when software doesn't uninstall fully and cleanly.

Brink, Dec 16, 2016
  7. bestellen Win User
    Completely Disable the Shell Extension

If you don’t want that shell extension loading at all, you can use the awesome Nirsoft ShellExView application to just completely disable the extension and prevent it from running.

Note: make sure to launch ShellExView by right-clicking and choosing Run as Administrator if you are using Vista.

Find “DesktopContextClass” with the description “NVIDIA Display Properties Extension”, and click the Disable button.

bestellen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to Remove Redundant NVidia Control Panel Icon? - Similar Threads - Remove Redundant NVidia

2. Nvidia control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia control panel: So in the nvidia control panel in the manage display mode I changed it to nvidia gpu only but i want to change to auto select and now it won't let me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-control-panel/e41b6bb4-942a-403b-96a5-b05da0cd1afc
  3. Nvidia control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia control panel: So in the nvidia control panel in the manage display mode I changed it to nvidia gpu only but i want to change to auto select and now it won't let me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-control-panel/e41b6bb4-942a-403b-96a5-b05da0cd1afc
  4. nvidia control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nvidia control panel: Nvidia doesn't show the display section on control panel. I'm on a laptop and I'm trying to use nvidia control panel to change my resolution.I'm using a laptop with two gpus: a geforce rtx 3060 and amd radeon graphics....
  5. nvidia control panel

nvidia control panel: Nvidia doesn't show the display section on control panel. I'm on a laptop and I'm trying to use nvidia control panel to change my resolution.I'm using a laptop with two gpus: a geforce rtx 3060 and amd radeon graphics....
  6. No nVidia Control panel

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No nVidia Control panel: Just bought a 1650 Super. Tried to install drivers. Complains not compatible with my version of Windows (1809, 17763.1), Only the DCH drive will install (after booting to safe mode and using DDU to first uninstall the driver that wouldn't install anyway). Problem with DCH is...
  7. NVIDIA Control Panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVIDIA Control Panel: Hi, I can't access to NVIDA Control Panel in my laptop. When I double click to NVIDIA Control Panel Icon in Control Home Panel. I get this message ( You are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDA GPU ) Please advice how to activate. Thanks....
  8. Nvidia Control Panel and Gamma Control

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia Control Panel and Gamma Control: Hello: I'm considering purchasing a new pc. An important consideration in my choice is my control over fine tuning of display parameters: Brightness /Conrast /Gamma/ Color Saturation So I'm looking for PC with dedicated (rather than integrated) graphics card, which might...
  9. Add or Remove NVIDIA Control Panel Notification Tray Icon in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove NVIDIA Control Panel Notification Tray Icon in Windows: How to: Add or Remove NVIDIA Control Panel Notification Tray Icon in Windows How to Add or Remove NVIDIA Control Panel Notification Tray Icon on Taskbar in Windows If your Windows device has NIVIDIA graphics and NVIDIA display drivers installed, you will have the NVIDIA...
  10. How to Remove Control Panel Icons no longer used?

How to Remove Control Panel Icons no longer used?: I have double icons for my laptop pointing device Synaptics v1.6 and Synatpicts v8.1. I want to delete these and just have one after a reinstall of my laptop mouse trackpad drivers. I cant get rid of them, is there a way to get rid of them thanks also tried the *.cpl thing...