Windows 10: How to remove the 'Get Windows 10' app from your PC

Discus and support How to remove the 'Get Windows 10' app from your PC in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; On June 1st 2015, qualifying Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 PCs and tablets will start seeing the Get Windows 10 icon in their taskbar notification area to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 31, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

How to remove the 'Get Windows 10' app from your PC

See tutorial for more: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...s-7-8-1-a.html

How to remove the 'Get Windows 10' app from your PC [​IMG]
    Tip

Brink, May 31, 2015
  2. Cliff S New Member

Interesting is the comments section... a lot of people feel the same as members here on the pros and cons e.g. WMC.

Personally that's my favorite icon right now*chuckle

:)

Cliff S, May 31, 2015
  3. Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, May 31, 2015
  4. How to remove the 'Get Windows 10' app from your PC

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, May 31, 2015
  5. crkr47 Win User
    Does this icon appear on the task bar of Windows 10 build 10130, or is it only displayed on computers running Windows 7, 8 and 8.1?

crkr47, May 31, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Only on Windows 7 and 8.1 PCs to reserve to update to Windows 10 when released on July 29th 2015. *Smile

Brink, Jun 1, 2015
  7. crkr47 Win User
    Thanks for the confirmation.

crkr47, Jun 1, 2015
  8. gdscrtr Win User

How to remove the 'Get Windows 10' app from your PC [​IMG]
    Here's mine

gdscrtr, Jun 1, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Jun 1, 2015
  10. Scramjet Win User
    I find it very strange that my wife's laptop got the icon on the taskbar and my desktop does not have it there yet *Sad I wonder is that due to the fact I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 8 pro and then to 8.1?
    Anyone else not having the "Get Windows 10" icon on taskbar yet?

cheers

Scramjet, Jun 1, 2015
  11. Check to make sure you have all recommended or optional Windows update installed currently. Specifically update KB3035583 if you have it there, give the computer a shut down, restart and it should come up. But check to see if you have that update installed. It came up on both my PC's today.

heyyahblah, Jun 1, 2015
  12. Scramjet Win User
    update KB3035583 installed 2015-05-22 but KB3015696 2015-05-14 seemed to have failed. don't know if that one got anything to do with it. I will reboot now anyways to see if it picks up the icon.

thanks

Nope *Sad after a reboot and a check to see if any new updates were available I still don't have the icon. Guess I will just wait and see if it appears tomorrow.

cheers

Scramjet, Jun 1, 2015
  13. Molyy Win User

I got Win8.1 on tablet. Haven't gotten the notification yet, either.

Molyy, Jun 1, 2015
  14. Trust_No1 Win User
    I think making this an auto update is a poor choice. Most people wont even understand what the hell happened to their computers.

If Microsoft wants to offer it free, then let people manually download it. IMO

Trust_No1, Jun 1, 2015
  15. z3r010 Win User
    It's not an auto update, it's an opt in one.

z3r010, Jun 1, 2015
Thema:

1. How to remove the 'Get Windows 10' app from your PC - Similar Threads - remove 'Get 10'

2. How to Pin Android Apps from Your Phone to Taskbar on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 News
    How to Pin Android Apps from Your Phone to Taskbar on Windows 10 PC: [img] You can tap into the power of Your Phone app with Link to Windows integration on select Surface Duo and Samsung devices to instantly access your Android phone’s mobile apps directly from your Windows 10 PC. With Your Phone apps, you can instantly access the...
  3. Windows 10 2004 notification: This app was removed from your PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 2004 notification: This app was removed from your PC: Windows 10 2004 notification This app was removed from your PC because it doesnt work on this version of Windows. (solved?) I solved this but am not sure why it was removed. Windows 10 1909 did not have a problem with it.. Is there really a incompatibility with Windows 10...
  4. Windows 10 2004 notification “This app was removed from your PC"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 2004 notification “This app was removed from your PC": Windows 10 2004 notification This app was removed from your PC because it doesnt work on this version of Windows. (solved?) I solved this but am not sure why it was removed. Windows 10 1909 did not have a problem with it.. Is there really a incompatibility with Windows 10...
  5. removing a phone from Your Phone app

removing a phone from Your Phone app: My "Your Phone" app is linked to a phone I no longer own. How do I unlink that phone and link to my current phone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-a-phone-from-your-phone-app/8dbe6fbb-5698-455b-bfe7-8e7de7b28956
  6. Windows Mail app - Get the free Outlook app on your phone - how to remove this message

Windows Mail app - Get the free Outlook app on your phone - how to remove this message: [ATTACH] How do you turn off the link in the desktop Windows mail app that says "Get the free Outlook app on your phone" in the bottom left corner? I already have outlook on my phone....
  7. how to remove app from harddrive Windows 10?

how to remove app from harddrive Windows 10?: Tried the uninstall button but Classic Shell seemed to prevent uninstallation. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-app-from-harddrive-windows-10/c6d5f74d-bfdf-4c53-a295-53dfc4f2284a
  8. How to remove the Xbox app from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to remove the Xbox app from Windows 10: Last Updated on April 24, 2019For a while now, many people have expressed their dislike for operating systems manufacturers who include apps that are difficult to remove. Before Windows 8, and especially Windows 10, Microsoft wasn’t one of those manufacturers. However, that...
  9. Apps removed whilst resetting your pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Apps removed whilst resetting your pc: Yes I know you have already had many posts regarding this query or similar ones, but...…….. I really don't understand why the reset would remove original drivers for my VAIO laptop which include the wifi smart utility (I now have no wifi icon at all showing on my system or...
  10. How to get HDR video on your Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 News
    How to get HDR video on your Windows 10 PC: When you’re watching high dynamic range (HDR) video on your PC, colors are more vivid. You find more details in the darkest and brightest parts of a scene, such as dimly lit rooms or a blazing fire. You notice more contrast, with a pronounced difference between lights and...